TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

on 5/6/2016 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Good product !
Very pigmented and pretty colours !
I hate the packaging inside tho....I usually love theBalm packagings but this one....Urgh
The only thing I dislike about the product itself is how easily dust sticks to it...I know this goes for all cream products of the sort but it's just so annoying...
Despite that I love it, stays on very well.

on 4/7/2016 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is amazing! It sounds a bit dramatic to say that it made me start wearing blush regularly, but it's also true. All the colors are very pigmented and creamy and blend out beautifully. They also build up well. This palette has almost every blush color I would want--nude-peach, pink, coral, shimmery coral-red, balanced red, and tan--although it does run warm. As someone who loves wearing warm colors, this is one of my most versatile makeup purchases.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like these cream blushes, but to be honest I only use about two or three of them, and I haven't even used those in a long time. Caramel is to die for though, and so is Cider and Candy. The rest aren't used, but I would recommend this if you adore cream blush. It is worth the money even though I wouldn't rebuy it.

on 9/22/2014 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I rarely repurchase makeup color palettes (so many palettes so little time) but I am buying at least one more of How Bout Them Apples. I absolutely love every color in this palette for both my lips and my cheeks. The colors are all on the neutral end of the spectrum, but they work beautifully with my "warm" tones. The colors are Cider (sheer light coral-nude), Cobbler (bright sheer ruby red), Pie (bright matte coral pink), Crisp (shimmery apricot), Candy (matte salmon), and Caramel (sheer matte red-bronze). None of the colors have that blue undertone that makes my skin look gray. They all add flattering color, and they are much more vivid on skin than in the pans. Each color has a sheer, smooth formula that keeps lips hydrated but is not too greasy for cheeks.

The packaging is definitely cute. Every time I see the shirtless cowboys next to the color pans, I giggle. There's nothing like makeup with a sense of humor for a quick pick-me-up, if you ask me. (I have a crush on "Pie"). Even without the hunks of burnin love, the amount of product in the palette is impressive, and a little goes a long way. I'll be enjoying this palette for as long as it's available!