TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette
TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.5

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This palette has the cutest packaging -- the photo above doesn't do it justice. There are a variety of colors, both warm and cool shades in varying intensities and depths, so there is something in there for everyone. That is usually the strength and the weakness of palettes: you're sure to find at least one shade that works, but then you're left with others you can't use, and this palette is no exception.

Sadly only one of these works easily on my fair skin (Cider), but it works like a dream. I LOVE it. Application is smooth, and these blend easily and last well on me. I can get limited use out of a couple more of the colors if I use them as lip colors. Though this blends well on skin, if applying to lips you will need to moisturize your lips well before application because it's not as blendable on lips.

I gave it four stars only because it has so many shades I can't use. For example just as Cobbler and others are completely unwearable for me, I'm sure a girl with lovely dark skin would find Cider and some of the other shades to be useless to her. The person who would probably be able to get the most use out of the greatest number of these colors would have a medium skin tone.

I bought this palette used on Facebook with two of the colors barely swatched for $15 shipped. Now that I know there is only one color I can wear, I would not pay $32 for this palette -- and I am almost out of my color, sadly. However I said I would buy it again because I would, IF TheBalm would sell the colors separately. If I could get a full generous size of Cider I'd easily pay $25-$30 for it. They really need to offer these separately because excellent creme blushes aren't easy to find.

Overall this is a fun palette with some of the cutest packaging I've ever seen.

For a fan of cream blushes like me this palette is love at first sight! The price is pretty high but I don't regret this expense at all, the palette is so much fun to use with the cute design, the blushes are very easy to apply and the colours are very fresh and pretty, they make me look young and radiant. I think I will use at least five of the six shades, the brighter coral-pink shades as blushes and the darker reds on the lips...so this is worth the money.