TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette
TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.9

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The Balm is one of those brands I've usually always ignored. In Australia it's pretty readily found at David Jones but the stands are always kinda hidden away and look like a hot mess. Plus the kitchy men-are-hot packaging reminded me way too much of Benefit whose products never seem to work out for me for one reason or another.

But WOW this How 'bout them Apples (which I picked up on sale for just 24$ for 6 creme lipsticks) is some seiously beautiful creme lip colours! The formulas are beautiful, rich, creamy and all classic staple lipstick colours. I doubt I personally would ever wear any of these shades on my cheeks but I think someone darker than me (or less conservative in their blush colour) totally could, and they are all shades I would and do regularly wear on my lips. This is my first The Balm product, I am impressed and will be keeping an eye on them from now on.

(And no, I promise I did not just buy this because of the picture of the pug on the front. Weeell.....ok, that might have influenced me a little bit :)

on 3/23/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this palette. It's super cute, the lip/cheek creams are super pigmented and long lasting. The ingredients are noncomedogenic (as far as I know). The packaging is light. I prefer to use it on my cheeks, as I don't like this kind of creamy texture in my lipsticks. The shades are also absolutely lovely. One thing that you should keep in mind before buying this, is that you probably won't use all the shades. They just don't all go with every skin tone.. I use Crisp and Cider mostly. My sister who's a little tanner uses Caramel. So it kinda depends on your skin tone. If you feel like you can pull them all off, go ahead! I find I can apply them best using my fingers.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

What a cute palette! You get a lot of bang for your buck too, especially if you buy during one of theBalm's 50% off sales: 6 cream blushes for ~$24 including shipping.

I don't have much experience with cream blushes but these seem to fare well enough. I really dig how fresh and bright these look on the cheeks. The color selection is appealing and varied too, even in terms of texture, which is nice. As for using these on the lips - they are functional, but I doubt anyone's going to be replacing their lip products any time soon. You could do a cute matching cheek/lip combo with these, though.

With that said, I probably won't repurchase, but that's just because this palette has been lasting me forever to use up and I want to move on to different products!

on 5/6/2016 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Good product !
Very pigmented and pretty colours !
I hate the packaging inside tho....I usually love theBalm packagings but this one....Urgh
The only thing I dislike about the product itself is how easily dust sticks to it...I know this goes for all cream products of the sort but it's just so annoying...
Despite that I love it, stays on very well.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

RAD. This palette is so great. I am kind of jumping the gun as I've only used three of the colors so far, but I just wanted to report that the colors work wonderfully as cream blushes...super blendable and pigmented (for me, anyway--NC10ish here). I have a feeling this might become my default/HG blush option, as I use a heavy coverage cream foundation (WnW Coverall) that likes to grip onto powder blush and not blend (even with some loose powder applied on top of the foundation). I haven't used it on my lips and probably won't because I'm an l/s hoarder already :) I got this from Hautelook, and even though they took 6 weeks (!) to ship, it was well worth the wait!

on 2/20/2016 4:59:00 PM

For me, this has been a wonderful palette....love it for days when I want to slap on a BB cream, add some blush, and quick lip....just so I look somewhat put together. I have used almost every shade, and absolutely how easy it is to blend on cheeks.

For a fan of cream blushes like me this palette is love at first sight! The price is pretty high but I don't regret this expense at all, the palette is so much fun to use with the cute design, the blushes are very easy to apply and the colours are very fresh and pretty, they make me look young and radiant. I think I will use at least five of the six shades, the brighter coral-pink shades as blushes and the darker reds on the lips...so this is worth the money.

on 4/25/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this because the color lasts and all of the colors look good on.I like having a variety of blush colors. As long as they look good on I like to pair my lipstick and my blush- not super matchy matchy but complimentary. As a result I have a lot of blushes. These work as well for me a Bobbie Brown cream blushes and I have a wide assortment of good colors for not a lot of money.

on 2/8/2015 7:30:00 PM

Love this palette for my cheeks and use it daily! Even if paying the full price ($32 at Kohl's, I got it for $22 using $10 Kohl's cash toward it), I feel it is still worth it because of the amount and variety of product you get, not to mention the quality.

I am able to wear all but two of the shades (cider-too pale for my skin color, and crisp-too much sparkle for my mature skin). They are very pigmented and find that I have to use a light hand when applying ---I lightly dab my elf small-stipple brush into product and gently stipple the color on cheek where I want it placed then blend using light circular motions. The color applies evenly and looks very natural on my cheeks. They also have good wear time---much longer than any of my powder blushes.

I love the packaging--very hard cardboard with magnetic closure and super-fun illustrations that put a smile on my face every morning when using it. Inside the top cover is an extra large mirror.

I have not even tried this palette on my lips so have absolutely no comments about this product in that regard, but as cream blushes....two huge thumbs up!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried this on both my very oily skin and after adding Epiduo to my skincare routine my very dry skin as blush and the colors never showed up or lasted. As a lip product though they are absolutely gorgeous. They are not the best when applied to straight lips but I love to use Crisp (a medium warm toned pink with fine gold shimmer) over a Rimmel Lip Liner and the color is just fabulous and I assume the other colors will look perfect once I have the correct lip liner to pair it with. This is expensive but is compact enough to travel with & with 6 different colors this is a cute, variety addition to add to my collection.