TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette
TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.7

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This palette has the cutest packaging -- the photo above doesn't do it justice. There are a variety of colors, both warm and cool shades in varying intensities and depths, so there is something in there for everyone. That is usually the strength and the weakness of palettes: you're sure to find at least one shade that works, but then you're left with others you can't use, and this palette is no exception.

Sadly only one of these works easily on my fair skin (Cider), but it works like a dream. I LOVE it. Application is smooth, and these blend easily and last well on me. I can get limited use out of a couple more of the colors if I use them as lip colors. Though this blends well on skin, if applying to lips you will need to moisturize your lips well before application because it's not as blendable on lips.

I gave it four stars only because it has so many shades I can't use. For example just as Cobbler and others are completely unwearable for me, I'm sure a girl with lovely dark skin would find Cider and some of the other shades to be useless to her. The person who would probably be able to get the most use out of the greatest number of these colors would have a medium skin tone.

I bought this palette used on Facebook with two of the colors barely swatched for $15 shipped. Now that I know there is only one color I can wear, I would not pay $32 for this palette -- and I am almost out of my color, sadly. However I said I would buy it again because I would, IF TheBalm would sell the colors separately. If I could get a full generous size of Cider I'd easily pay $25-$30 for it. They really need to offer these separately because excellent creme blushes aren't easy to find.

Overall this is a fun palette with some of the cutest packaging I've ever seen.

on 2/20/2016 4:59:00 PM

For me, this has been a wonderful palette....love it for days when I want to slap on a BB cream, add some blush, and quick lip....just so I look somewhat put together. I have used almost every shade, and absolutely how easy it is to blend on cheeks.

For a fan of cream blushes like me this palette is love at first sight! The price is pretty high but I don't regret this expense at all, the palette is so much fun to use with the cute design, the blushes are very easy to apply and the colours are very fresh and pretty, they make me look young and radiant. I think I will use at least five of the six shades, the brighter coral-pink shades as blushes and the darker reds on the lips...so this is worth the money.

on 4/25/2015 2:23:00 PM

6 blushes, for less than $10 a pop, I think that's quite worth it. I had to purge all my old cream blushes from MAC that were too sticky to feel comfortable on the cheeks.

The colours are all wearable on my skintone, although I am NC10, I do not find the bright colours too crazy, and I usually wear these UNDER my face makeup (as I wear sheer foundation and do not usually powder.) It is a lovely flush and the packaging design is cute.

I also love that The Balm is cruelty free.

Only thing I'm a little iffy on is the cardboard as it will not stand up as well as plastic/tin/metal in the end, however I am not planning on bringing this around so it'll stay in my makeup collection/vanity.

on 8/18/2014 10:50:00 AM

Cider - light pinkish peach

Cobbler - candy apple red

Pie - muted pinkish red

Crisp - warm coral with golden frost

Candy - bubblegum pink

Caramel - muted orange-brown

Product - Smooth, moist, creamy, soft texture. I use fingers to apply to my cheeks, and a lip brush for lips. As cheek color, they are very easy to work with and blend and the pigmentation is good. It's not a creme-to-powder formula; this definitely stays more dewy on the skin. As lipcolor, the pigmentation is sheer to moderate like a creamy lip stain, and they feel buttery and dry down to a matte finish without feeling drying on my lips. I wasn't expecting these to stain my lips but they do, and surprisingly evenly. Most of the shades are too light for my preference for use as lipcolor so I typically top it with a darker lipcolor. Be sure not to leave this in a hot car! I mail-ordered this during July and the cremes were starting to slump to one side :)

Comparisons - The texture of these lip/cheek cremes is slightly softer, more buttery than Becca's and Stila's.

Packaging - Cardboard paper palette (like Stila is fond of) with a very generously sized mirror in the lid plus campy artwork on the cover and interior. I'm not sure I understand what the eye-candy men besides each pan of color have to do with the apples theme - but I'm not objecting, mind you. Stays shut with hidden magnets, so you can toss the very-snug matching sleeve it comes in. The overall size of the palette is pretty large. I bought this for travel purposes so it's a bit larger than I would have liked. Pans are 36mm, for those interested in depotting.

Overall - I really like this color assortment, as they're all very useful shades for me (AAB/NC25). continued >>

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this lip and cheek palette! You get 6 great colors ranging from a pale neutral pink to a vampy red. They blend really well, and are great for layering. It lasts much longer as a blush, all day if you use primer, but as a lip color it doesn't have quite as much staying power. I also noticed that it can feel a bit dry on the lips, much more like a stain than a balm. However, you can get that great 'I just ate a popsicle' effect with this, which I love for summer! It is a little expensive, but you get a lot of product with great color options. If you like a cream blush I would definitely pick this up!