TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.5

on 1/2/2016 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Cute as can be packaging! I love the name, the packaging, the colors, and the product. I follow a lot of beauty blogs and The Balm cosmetics usually falls beneath the radar in favor of MAC or Kat Von D and other mid priced brands, and it shouldn't as the products are fantastic! So, I actually saw this used on You Tuber Amy Lynn Thompson's channel when she did a Get Ready With Me look one day. She is fair skinned like me so I took note when she used this beautiful cheek/lip palette. It had been on my wish list for a long time, so for Christmas this year, I finally fulfilled this wish and picked this up from The Balm cosmetics website. This retails for $32 and it comes with 6 cream cheek/lip colors. They actually work well as lip colors too! I was really expecting powder shades and was not sure what to think when I got this and it was cremes. I rarely use creams and so I am just not as experienced with them. The amount of product you get is decent and I wasn't disappointed with this at all. The pans are adorable apple shapes and there are 6 lovely shades in here and then the shirtless cowboys inside are droolworthy too. Look at those abs! No, I mean look at how pretty those cheek colors are... yeah, that is what I meant. The shades are great for my lighter skin, but there are some vibrant darker colors in there too like Cobbler. I used that as a lip color and it's very pretty and well pigmented. The colors apply easily and go on smoothly and don't streak or leave a sticky residue. I've just been using my fingers and the warmth of my hands to pat this into my skin. I don't know how well they would work with a sponge applicator or brush. With fingertips, they blend well and feel silky and creamy and once you get them on they dry and feel like regular blush. You can't tell they are creams once they are applied. I wasn't sure I was going to like this since it isn't powders, but now that I have been using it everyday for almost 2 weeks, I am really happy with this purchase and really enjoy this palette. I love that it does double duty with the lips and cheeks. It works well for the lips too. I've applied it with my fingers and a lip brush, either way it works great. I love pulling out this fun packaging and I enjoy using the product and most of all, it looks great on me and enhances my beauty so it's a win!

on 2/8/2015 7:30:00 PM

Love this palette for my cheeks and use it daily! Even if paying the full price ($32 at Kohl's, I got it for $22 using $10 Kohl's cash toward it), I feel it is still worth it because of the amount and variety of product you get, not to mention the quality.

I am able to wear all but two of the shades (cider-too pale for my skin color, and crisp-too much sparkle for my mature skin). They are very pigmented and find that I have to use a light hand when applying ---I lightly dab my elf small-stipple brush into product and gently stipple the color on cheek where I want it placed then blend using light circular motions. The color applies evenly and looks very natural on my cheeks. They also have good wear time---much longer than any of my powder blushes.

I love the packaging--very hard cardboard with magnetic closure and super-fun illustrations that put a smile on my face every morning when using it. Inside the top cover is an extra large mirror.

I have not even tried this palette on my lips so have absolutely no comments about this product in that regard, but as cream blushes....two huge thumbs up!