TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

Filtered by skin type : Dry
TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette
TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.3

Now, let me start by saying that I LOVE theBalm. Hot Mama is my HG blush. In fact, all of their powder blushes are amazing. This lip and cheek palette, however, is absolutely terrible. First off, I would not recommend this for your lips at all. It feels a bit gross on your lips, clings to dry spots and makes everything look patchy, and it's a miracle if it lasts on your lips for 30 minutes. In terms of a cream cheek product, I'm also not impressed. It practically blends away when you put it on your cheeks, and like on the lips, the lasting power is terrible. Do not get sucked in by the cute packaging, this palette is terrible.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this on a sale, and wouldn't have paid full price, but.... A couple of the shades don't work for me (with my pale aging skin I've moved to softer colors) but on the whole I use this a couple of times a week. Echoing other reviewers, cider is the shade I reach for most-caramel too. While other palettes sit unused, this one is a keeper. I've found Balm blushes to last really well. Hey Balm, if you make cider available as a stand-alone, I'm so there!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

What a cute palette! You get a lot of bang for your buck too, especially if you buy during one of theBalm's 50% off sales: 6 cream blushes for ~$24 including shipping.

I don't have much experience with cream blushes but these seem to fare well enough. I really dig how fresh and bright these look on the cheeks. The color selection is appealing and varied too, even in terms of texture, which is nice. As for using these on the lips - they are functional, but I doubt anyone's going to be replacing their lip products any time soon. You could do a cute matching cheek/lip combo with these, though.

With that said, I probably won't repurchase, but that's just because this palette has been lasting me forever to use up and I want to move on to different products!

on 5/6/2016 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Good product !
Very pigmented and pretty colours !
I hate the packaging inside tho....I usually love theBalm packagings but this one....Urgh
The only thing I dislike about the product itself is how easily dust sticks to it...I know this goes for all cream products of the sort but it's just so annoying...
Despite that I love it, stays on very well.

on 4/7/2016 6:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is amazing! It sounds a bit dramatic to say that it made me start wearing blush regularly, but it's also true. All the colors are very pigmented and creamy and blend out beautifully. They also build up well. This palette has almost every blush color I would want--nude-peach, pink, coral, shimmery coral-red, balanced red, and tan--although it does run warm. As someone who loves wearing warm colors, this is one of my most versatile makeup purchases.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

RAD. This palette is so great. I am kind of jumping the gun as I've only used three of the colors so far, but I just wanted to report that the colors work wonderfully as cream blushes...super blendable and pigmented (for me, anyway--NC10ish here). I have a feeling this might become my default/HG blush option, as I use a heavy coverage cream foundation (WnW Coverall) that likes to grip onto powder blush and not blend (even with some loose powder applied on top of the foundation). I haven't used it on my lips and probably won't because I'm an l/s hoarder already :) I got this from Hautelook, and even though they took 6 weeks (!) to ship, it was well worth the wait!

on 1/19/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been eyeing this for a while, and my mother decided to buy me it for Christmas. Huzzah!

I'm a huge fan of cream blushes, and these are definitely nice ones. All the colors are pigmented but very blendable, so you only need a touch on both cheeks for the full color payoff. If it's too pigmented, I usually powder on top to cover it a bit. My favorite shade is Cider, as it suits my complexion beautifully, though Crisp is pretty, too. It adds a very subtle shimmer to my cheeks.

Personally, I use these more as lip colors. This is where they fall a little short; they are VERY DRYING on the lips. That is easily solved with a lip primer, though, so it isn't terrible. Because they're also blendable, you can easily stick to a very sheer lip look, or build it up for a bold look. Caramel is my favorite for an every day lipstick, it's very subtle.

Will definitely repurchase again, though there's so much product that I won't run out for a while.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like these cream blushes, but to be honest I only use about two or three of them, and I haven't even used those in a long time. Caramel is to die for though, and so is Cider and Candy. The rest aren't used, but I would recommend this if you adore cream blush. It is worth the money even though I wouldn't rebuy it.

on 4/25/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this because the color lasts and all of the colors look good on.I like having a variety of blush colors. As long as they look good on I like to pair my lipstick and my blush- not super matchy matchy but complimentary. As a result I have a lot of blushes. These work as well for me a Bobbie Brown cream blushes and I have a wide assortment of good colors for not a lot of money.

on 8/5/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a sample of this in the color Pie and I really liked it. It is a bright coral pink and very flattering. I used the Elf small stipple brush and dipped it in the pan and applied to the apples of my cheeks and blended out. The color is natural and the pigment stayed. I think I would buy these blushes if I didn't have any other cream-type blushes to choose from. However, when compared to some of my others that I love -- it really is a drier texture vs. creamy -- and so I probably won't purchase these.