TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.6

on 5/7/2018 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love, love, love this! It looks adorable. The colours are so cute. It works really great for a Korean makeup or aesthetic instagram style. It blends really well and the colours last well however I am super pale so blushes do tend to last to begin with. The best part about them is that I can wear them without being afraid of the blush being too much when I get a bit red. The colours are cute and look good on me as a lip colour. They are slightly powdery though so really cracked lips will show up. The blushes definitely layer well so it’s easy to change intensity of blushes. So far crisp is my favourite colour. It’s reallt good for recreating peachy looks on instagram.

I love this palette! I find that I use all of the shades at times for blush but tend to stick with the 3 lightest for regular use. I find its pretty easy to blend and decent staying power (especially if set with a powder blush). On occasion I use the red as a lip stain, its quite nice for that. I love the cheeky vibe of this product design too! My only negative would be the two on bottom left are quite bright pink/coral and rather similar and I could swap it out for a raisiny finish for more variety.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The Balm is one of those brands I've usually always ignored. In Australia it's pretty readily found at David Jones but the stands are always kinda hidden away and look like a hot mess. Plus the kitchy men-are-hot packaging reminded me way too much of Benefit whose products never seem to work out for me for one reason or another.

But WOW this How 'bout them Apples (which I picked up on sale for just 24$ for 6 creme lipsticks) is some seiously beautiful creme lip colours! The formulas are beautiful, rich, creamy and all classic staple lipstick colours. I doubt I personally would ever wear any of these shades on my cheeks but I think someone darker than me (or less conservative in their blush colour) totally could, and they are all shades I would and do regularly wear on my lips. This is my first The Balm product, I am impressed and will be keeping an eye on them from now on.

(And no, I promise I did not just buy this because of the picture of the pug on the front. Weeell.....ok, that might have influenced me a little bit :)

on 3/23/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this palette. It's super cute, the lip/cheek creams are super pigmented and long lasting. The ingredients are noncomedogenic (as far as I know). The packaging is light. I prefer to use it on my cheeks, as I don't like this kind of creamy texture in my lipsticks. The shades are also absolutely lovely. One thing that you should keep in mind before buying this, is that you probably won't use all the shades. They just don't all go with every skin tone.. I use Crisp and Cider mostly. My sister who's a little tanner uses Caramel. So it kinda depends on your skin tone. If you feel like you can pull them all off, go ahead! I find I can apply them best using my fingers.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this on a sale, and wouldn't have paid full price, but.... A couple of the shades don't work for me (with my pale aging skin I've moved to softer colors) but on the whole I use this a couple of times a week. Echoing other reviewers, cider is the shade I reach for most-caramel too. While other palettes sit unused, this one is a keeper. I've found Balm blushes to last really well. Hey Balm, if you make cider available as a stand-alone, I'm so there!

I just ordered this from thebalm.com (lol) and the price was pretty high but the packaging is super cute and the colors give your cheeks a nice flush and your lips a fuller look. I usually don't like cream blushes but this is much different. Once it is applied it feels very smooth and the lip palette colors are very durable and will last all day! 😊

on 5/6/2016 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Good product !
Very pigmented and pretty colours !
I hate the packaging inside tho....I usually love theBalm packagings but this one....Urgh
The only thing I dislike about the product itself is how easily dust sticks to it...I know this goes for all cream products of the sort but it's just so annoying...
Despite that I love it, stays on very well.

on 4/7/2016 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is amazing! It sounds a bit dramatic to say that it made me start wearing blush regularly, but it's also true. All the colors are very pigmented and creamy and blend out beautifully. They also build up well. This palette has almost every blush color I would want--nude-peach, pink, coral, shimmery coral-red, balanced red, and tan--although it does run warm. As someone who loves wearing warm colors, this is one of my most versatile makeup purchases.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

RAD. This palette is so great. I am kind of jumping the gun as I've only used three of the colors so far, but I just wanted to report that the colors work wonderfully as cream blushes...super blendable and pigmented (for me, anyway--NC10ish here). I have a feeling this might become my default/HG blush option, as I use a heavy coverage cream foundation (WnW Coverall) that likes to grip onto powder blush and not blend (even with some loose powder applied on top of the foundation). I haven't used it on my lips and probably won't because I'm an l/s hoarder already :) I got this from Hautelook, and even though they took 6 weeks (!) to ship, it was well worth the wait!

on 2/20/2016 4:59:00 PM

For me, this has been a wonderful palette....love it for days when I want to slap on a BB cream, add some blush, and quick lip....just so I look somewhat put together. I have used almost every shade, and absolutely how easy it is to blend on cheeks.

Popular Palettes