TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette
TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The Balm is one of those brands I've usually always ignored. In Australia it's pretty readily found at David Jones but the stands are always kinda hidden away and look like a hot mess. Plus the kitchy men-are-hot packaging reminded me way too much of Benefit whose products never seem to work out for me for one reason or another.

But WOW this How 'bout them Apples (which I picked up on sale for just 24$ for 6 creme lipsticks) is some seiously beautiful creme lip colours! The formulas are beautiful, rich, creamy and all classic staple lipstick colours. I doubt I personally would ever wear any of these shades on my cheeks but I think someone darker than me (or less conservative in their blush colour) totally could, and they are all shades I would and do regularly wear on my lips. This is my first The Balm product, I am impressed and will be keeping an eye on them from now on.

(And no, I promise I did not just buy this because of the picture of the pug on the front. Weeell.....ok, that might have influenced me a little bit :)

on 3/23/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this palette. It's super cute, the lip/cheek creams are super pigmented and long lasting. The ingredients are noncomedogenic (as far as I know). The packaging is light. I prefer to use it on my cheeks, as I don't like this kind of creamy texture in my lipsticks. The shades are also absolutely lovely. One thing that you should keep in mind before buying this, is that you probably won't use all the shades. They just don't all go with every skin tone.. I use Crisp and Cider mostly. My sister who's a little tanner uses Caramel. So it kinda depends on your skin tone. If you feel like you can pull them all off, go ahead! I find I can apply them best using my fingers.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this on a sale, and wouldn't have paid full price, but.... A couple of the shades don't work for me (with my pale aging skin I've moved to softer colors) but on the whole I use this a couple of times a week. Echoing other reviewers, cider is the shade I reach for most-caramel too. While other palettes sit unused, this one is a keeper. I've found Balm blushes to last really well. Hey Balm, if you make cider available as a stand-alone, I'm so there!

I just ordered this from thebalm.com (lol) and the price was pretty high but the packaging is super cute and the colors give your cheeks a nice flush and your lips a fuller look. I usually don't like cream blushes but this is much different. Once it is applied it feels very smooth and the lip palette colors are very durable and will last all day! 😊

on 5/6/2016 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Good product !
Very pigmented and pretty colours !
I hate the packaging inside tho....I usually love theBalm packagings but this one....Urgh
The only thing I dislike about the product itself is how easily dust sticks to it...I know this goes for all cream products of the sort but it's just so annoying...
Despite that I love it, stays on very well.

on 4/7/2016 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is amazing! It sounds a bit dramatic to say that it made me start wearing blush regularly, but it's also true. All the colors are very pigmented and creamy and blend out beautifully. They also build up well. This palette has almost every blush color I would want--nude-peach, pink, coral, shimmery coral-red, balanced red, and tan--although it does run warm. As someone who loves wearing warm colors, this is one of my most versatile makeup purchases.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

RAD. This palette is so great. I am kind of jumping the gun as I've only used three of the colors so far, but I just wanted to report that the colors work wonderfully as cream blushes...super blendable and pigmented (for me, anyway--NC10ish here). I have a feeling this might become my default/HG blush option, as I use a heavy coverage cream foundation (WnW Coverall) that likes to grip onto powder blush and not blend (even with some loose powder applied on top of the foundation). I haven't used it on my lips and probably won't because I'm an l/s hoarder already :) I got this from Hautelook, and even though they took 6 weeks (!) to ship, it was well worth the wait!

on 2/20/2016 4:59:00 PM

For me, this has been a wonderful palette....love it for days when I want to slap on a BB cream, add some blush, and quick lip....just so I look somewhat put together. I have used almost every shade, and absolutely how easy it is to blend on cheeks.

on 7/3/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Can't say enough about this palette. This gives me all the colors I need, and blends very well on my skin. It's not at all sticky. I actually put some on my finger and was surprised how slick it was. Dries fast, but doesn't turn chalky or powdery, you just don't feel oily. I would be really p****d off if I couldn't buy this anymore. I use every color in the palette. One of them (I think it's Pie or Cobbler) has some shimmer, but not to much. Enough to give a certain sheen effect.

For a fan of cream blushes like me this palette is love at first sight! The price is pretty high but I don't regret this expense at all, the palette is so much fun to use with the cute design, the blushes are very easy to apply and the colours are very fresh and pretty, they make me look young and radiant. I think I will use at least five of the six shades, the brighter coral-pink shades as blushes and the darker reds on the lips...so this is worth the money.