TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette
TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.6

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this lip and cheek palette! You get 6 great colors ranging from a pale neutral pink to a vampy red. They blend really well, and are great for layering. It lasts much longer as a blush, all day if you use primer, but as a lip color it doesn't have quite as much staying power. I also noticed that it can feel a bit dry on the lips, much more like a stain than a balm. However, you can get that great 'I just ate a popsicle' effect with this, which I love for summer! It is a little expensive, but you get a lot of product with great color options. If you like a cream blush I would definitely pick this up!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am so obsessed with this blush palette! The consistency of all the blushes is easy and smooth to apply. As a cheek product, and the staying power is great for me (I have oily skin). As a lip product, I would say that the staying power is comparable to any non-long wearing, regular lipstick. I didn't find the product overly drying on my lips, but not super hydrating either. Overall, I think this palette is great, and gives you diverse blush options. The pigmentation is wonderful as well - not much product is needed to achieve colour.

on 8/5/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a sample of this in the color Pie and I really liked it. It is a bright coral pink and very flattering. I used the Elf small stipple brush and dipped it in the pan and applied to the apples of my cheeks and blended out. The color is natural and the pigment stayed. I think I would buy these blushes if I didn't have any other cream-type blushes to choose from. However, when compared to some of my others that I love -- it really is a drier texture vs. creamy -- and so I probably won't purchase these.

on 8/18/2014 10:50:00 AM

Cider - light pinkish peach

Cobbler - candy apple red

Pie - muted pinkish red

Crisp - warm coral with golden frost

Candy - bubblegum pink

Caramel - muted orange-brown

Product - Smooth, moist, creamy, soft texture. I use fingers to apply to my cheeks, and a lip brush for lips. As cheek color, they are very easy to work with and blend and the pigmentation is good. It's not a creme-to-powder formula; this definitely stays more dewy on the skin. As lipcolor, the pigmentation is sheer to moderate like a creamy lip stain, and they feel buttery and dry down to a matte finish without feeling drying on my lips. I wasn't expecting these to stain my lips but they do, and surprisingly evenly. Most of the shades are too light for my preference for use as lipcolor so I typically top it with a darker lipcolor. Be sure not to leave this in a hot car! I mail-ordered this during July and the cremes were starting to slump to one side :)

Comparisons - The texture of these lip/cheek cremes is slightly softer, more buttery than Becca's and Stila's.

Packaging - Cardboard paper palette (like Stila is fond of) with a very generously sized mirror in the lid plus campy artwork on the cover and interior. I'm not sure I understand what the eye-candy men besides each pan of color have to do with the apples theme - but I'm not objecting, mind you. Stays shut with hidden magnets, so you can toss the very-snug matching sleeve it comes in. The overall size of the palette is pretty large. I bought this for travel purposes so it's a bit larger than I would have liked. Pans are 36mm, for those interested in depotting.

Overall - I really like this color assortment, as they're all very useful shades for me (AAB/NC25). continued >>

on 9/22/2014 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I rarely repurchase makeup color palettes (so many palettes so little time) but I am buying at least one more of How Bout Them Apples. I absolutely love every color in this palette for both my lips and my cheeks. The colors are all on the neutral end of the spectrum, but they work beautifully with my "warm" tones. The colors are Cider (sheer light coral-nude), Cobbler (bright sheer ruby red), Pie (bright matte coral pink), Crisp (shimmery apricot), Candy (matte salmon), and Caramel (sheer matte red-bronze). None of the colors have that blue undertone that makes my skin look gray. They all add flattering color, and they are much more vivid on skin than in the pans. Each color has a sheer, smooth formula that keeps lips hydrated but is not too greasy for cheeks.

The packaging is definitely cute. Every time I see the shirtless cowboys next to the color pans, I giggle. There's nothing like makeup with a sense of humor for a quick pick-me-up, if you ask me. (I have a crush on "Pie"). Even without the hunks of burnin love, the amount of product in the palette is impressive, and a little goes a long way. I'll be enjoying this palette for as long as it's available!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried this on both my very oily skin and after adding Epiduo to my skincare routine my very dry skin as blush and the colors never showed up or lasted. As a lip product though they are absolutely gorgeous. They are not the best when applied to straight lips but I love to use Crisp (a medium warm toned pink with fine gold shimmer) over a Rimmel Lip Liner and the color is just fabulous and I assume the other colors will look perfect once I have the correct lip liner to pair it with. This is expensive but is compact enough to travel with & with 6 different colors this is a cute, variety addition to add to my collection.

on 2/8/2015 7:30:00 PM

Love this palette for my cheeks and use it daily! Even if paying the full price ($32 at Kohl's, I got it for $22 using $10 Kohl's cash toward it), I feel it is still worth it because of the amount and variety of product you get, not to mention the quality.

I am able to wear all but two of the shades (cider-too pale for my skin color, and crisp-too much sparkle for my mature skin). They are very pigmented and find that I have to use a light hand when applying ---I lightly dab my elf small-stipple brush into product and gently stipple the color on cheek where I want it placed then blend using light circular motions. The color applies evenly and looks very natural on my cheeks. They also have good wear time---much longer than any of my powder blushes.

I love the packaging--very hard cardboard with magnetic closure and super-fun illustrations that put a smile on my face every morning when using it. Inside the top cover is an extra large mirror.

I have not even tried this palette on my lips so have absolutely no comments about this product in that regard, but as cream blushes....two huge thumbs up!

on 4/25/2015 2:23:00 PM

6 blushes, for less than $10 a pop, I think that's quite worth it. I had to purge all my old cream blushes from MAC that were too sticky to feel comfortable on the cheeks.

The colours are all wearable on my skintone, although I am NC10, I do not find the bright colours too crazy, and I usually wear these UNDER my face makeup (as I wear sheer foundation and do not usually powder.) It is a lovely flush and the packaging design is cute.

I also love that The Balm is cruelty free.

Only thing I'm a little iffy on is the cardboard as it will not stand up as well as plastic/tin/metal in the end, however I am not planning on bringing this around so it'll stay in my makeup collection/vanity.

on 4/25/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this because the color lasts and all of the colors look good on.I like having a variety of blush colors. As long as they look good on I like to pair my lipstick and my blush- not super matchy matchy but complimentary. As a result I have a lot of blushes. These work as well for me a Bobbie Brown cream blushes and I have a wide assortment of good colors for not a lot of money.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like these cream blushes, but to be honest I only use about two or three of them, and I haven't even used those in a long time. Caramel is to die for though, and so is Cider and Candy. The rest aren't used, but I would recommend this if you adore cream blush. It is worth the money even though I wouldn't rebuy it.