TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

4.5

on 1/19/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been eyeing this for a while, and my mother decided to buy me it for Christmas. Huzzah!

I'm a huge fan of cream blushes, and these are definitely nice ones. All the colors are pigmented but very blendable, so you only need a touch on both cheeks for the full color payoff. If it's too pigmented, I usually powder on top to cover it a bit. My favorite shade is Cider, as it suits my complexion beautifully, though Crisp is pretty, too. It adds a very subtle shimmer to my cheeks.

Personally, I use these more as lip colors. This is where they fall a little short; they are VERY DRYING on the lips. That is easily solved with a lip primer, though, so it isn't terrible. Because they're also blendable, you can easily stick to a very sheer lip look, or build it up for a bold look. Caramel is my favorite for an every day lipstick, it's very subtle.

Will definitely repurchase again, though there's so much product that I won't run out for a while.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this lip and cheek palette! You get 6 great colors ranging from a pale neutral pink to a vampy red. They blend really well, and are great for layering. It lasts much longer as a blush, all day if you use primer, but as a lip color it doesn't have quite as much staying power. I also noticed that it can feel a bit dry on the lips, much more like a stain than a balm. However, you can get that great 'I just ate a popsicle' effect with this, which I love for summer! It is a little expensive, but you get a lot of product with great color options. If you like a cream blush I would definitely pick this up!