TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

Filtered by age: 19-24
TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette
TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.4

Now, let me start by saying that I LOVE theBalm. Hot Mama is my HG blush. In fact, all of their powder blushes are amazing. This lip and cheek palette, however, is absolutely terrible. First off, I would not recommend this for your lips at all. It feels a bit gross on your lips, clings to dry spots and makes everything look patchy, and it's a miracle if it lasts on your lips for 30 minutes. In terms of a cream cheek product, I'm also not impressed. It practically blends away when you put it on your cheeks, and like on the lips, the lasting power is terrible. Do not get sucked in by the cute packaging, this palette is terrible.

on 3/23/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this palette. It's super cute, the lip/cheek creams are super pigmented and long lasting. The ingredients are noncomedogenic (as far as I know). The packaging is light. I prefer to use it on my cheeks, as I don't like this kind of creamy texture in my lipsticks. The shades are also absolutely lovely. One thing that you should keep in mind before buying this, is that you probably won't use all the shades. They just don't all go with every skin tone.. I use Crisp and Cider mostly. My sister who's a little tanner uses Caramel. So it kinda depends on your skin tone. If you feel like you can pull them all off, go ahead! I find I can apply them best using my fingers.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

What a cute palette! You get a lot of bang for your buck too, especially if you buy during one of theBalm's 50% off sales: 6 cream blushes for ~$24 including shipping.

I don't have much experience with cream blushes but these seem to fare well enough. I really dig how fresh and bright these look on the cheeks. The color selection is appealing and varied too, even in terms of texture, which is nice. As for using these on the lips - they are functional, but I doubt anyone's going to be replacing their lip products any time soon. You could do a cute matching cheek/lip combo with these, though.

With that said, I probably won't repurchase, but that's just because this palette has been lasting me forever to use up and I want to move on to different products!

on 5/6/2016 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Good product !
Very pigmented and pretty colours !
I hate the packaging inside tho....I usually love theBalm packagings but this one....Urgh
The only thing I dislike about the product itself is how easily dust sticks to it...I know this goes for all cream products of the sort but it's just so annoying...
Despite that I love it, stays on very well.

on 4/7/2016 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is amazing! It sounds a bit dramatic to say that it made me start wearing blush regularly, but it's also true. All the colors are very pigmented and creamy and blend out beautifully. They also build up well. This palette has almost every blush color I would want--nude-peach, pink, coral, shimmery coral-red, balanced red, and tan--although it does run warm. As someone who loves wearing warm colors, this is one of my most versatile makeup purchases.

on 7/3/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Can't say enough about this palette. This gives me all the colors I need, and blends very well on my skin. It's not at all sticky. I actually put some on my finger and was surprised how slick it was. Dries fast, but doesn't turn chalky or powdery, you just don't feel oily. I would be really p****d off if I couldn't buy this anymore. I use every color in the palette. One of them (I think it's Pie or Cobbler) has some shimmer, but not to much. Enough to give a certain sheen effect.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like these cream blushes, but to be honest I only use about two or three of them, and I haven't even used those in a long time. Caramel is to die for though, and so is Cider and Candy. The rest aren't used, but I would recommend this if you adore cream blush. It is worth the money even though I wouldn't rebuy it.

on 4/25/2015 2:23:00 PM

6 blushes, for less than $10 a pop, I think that's quite worth it. I had to purge all my old cream blushes from MAC that were too sticky to feel comfortable on the cheeks.

The colours are all wearable on my skintone, although I am NC10, I do not find the bright colours too crazy, and I usually wear these UNDER my face makeup (as I wear sheer foundation and do not usually powder.) It is a lovely flush and the packaging design is cute.

I also love that The Balm is cruelty free.

Only thing I'm a little iffy on is the cardboard as it will not stand up as well as plastic/tin/metal in the end, however I am not planning on bringing this around so it'll stay in my makeup collection/vanity.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried this on both my very oily skin and after adding Epiduo to my skincare routine my very dry skin as blush and the colors never showed up or lasted. As a lip product though they are absolutely gorgeous. They are not the best when applied to straight lips but I love to use Crisp (a medium warm toned pink with fine gold shimmer) over a Rimmel Lip Liner and the color is just fabulous and I assume the other colors will look perfect once I have the correct lip liner to pair it with. This is expensive but is compact enough to travel with & with 6 different colors this is a cute, variety addition to add to my collection.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am so obsessed with this blush palette! The consistency of all the blushes is easy and smooth to apply. As a cheek product, and the staying power is great for me (I have oily skin). As a lip product, I would say that the staying power is comparable to any non-long wearing, regular lipstick. I didn't find the product overly drying on my lips, but not super hydrating either. Overall, I think this palette is great, and gives you diverse blush options. The pigmentation is wonderful as well - not much product is needed to achieve colour.