Coastal Scents Revealed 2

Coastal Scents Revealed 2

3.9

I got this palette in a subscription box a while back. I saw on the website it was originally $40 but seems to always be on sale for $20. Overall, the shadows are nice, pretty soft and mostly pigmented. There are a lot of colors in the palette which at first seems nice...except I found that when applied, most looked almost exactly the same. It's easy to get a full look but not much variety. Even some that look very different in the pan end up looking the same on the eye or when applied. I got a lot of use out of it but have so many other eyeshadow palettes that I never found myself really wanting to use this one.

on 6/27/2017 12:48:00 PM

I bought the Revealed 2 palette because I loved the colors. I have hazel/green eyes, and these warm mauvy tones look very pretty on my eyes. I was considering the Naked 3 palette, since I already owned the Naked 1 palette and loved the formula, pigmentation, and performance, but I heard Revealed 2 was a decent enough dupe, and at the price I figured it was worth a shot.

However, although the colors are lovely, the consistency and performance are terrible. The mattes are chalky and difficult to blend, the shimmers aren't really shimmery so much as glittery, and every shade has a ton of fallout. None of the shades have good pigmentation - I feel like I have to keep picking up color to get any payoff. I guess one benefit is that it's a relatively inexpensive palette, but I feel like I could have better spent that money by just putting it towards a better palette.

I've had this palette for about a year now, and in that time I've maybe used it 3-4 times. Every time, I make a mess of my face with excessive fallout. I will not buy this again, and I can't recommend it to anyone else.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Several of my all time favorite shadows are in this palette. The mattes are divine, the shimmers lovely. Obviously, if pink, mauve, and berry toned shadows aren't your thing, you will hate this one. However, I love them.

on 12/8/2016 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This palette has nice warm tones with a combination of mattes, shimmers, and glitter shades. However, some of the colors are chalky and hard to blend. I would not waste my $20 on this palette.

on 12/2/2016 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After seeing everywhere how supposedly amazing this palette is, I was excited once I finally got one in my hands. Now that I've tried it, I am so underwhelmed.

There are very few shadows that are pigmented, and there's a lot of shadows that look exactly the same once swatched. And by the same, I mean they look like the same muddy charcoal color. Also, they kick off powder like crazy.

I decided to try to do an eye look with them and I had to pass my brush over and over some of the shadows so that I could see any color.

I expected more from coastal scents, since I have their winterberry and fall festival palette and the pigmentation is amazing on both of them. I'll stick to the hot pots from now on.

on 5/19/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this Pallette.I've wanted to try these rose type colors for so long and this is not too expensive and does the job...I am an eyeshadow Lover and it is just a nice Pallette all around.I'm not going to analyze each color...For the price I can't complain at all! edit......ok some colors are powdery and get muddled....good for the price

This is a mostly pink/red based shadows. I would say about half of them are a soft shimmery formula. I am not crazy about these.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

This is a fantastic palette, and I got it on sale for less than $20. It is very pigmented and ranges from frosty pink & peaches, soft mauve mattes, purples, deep rich wine, warm browns and dark charcoal with sparkles. I gave it 4 lippies instead of five because I don't gravitate toward this color group but I can say that I have found something I could manage to wear and you can take this from natural, romantic, to dramatic smokey. Overall it is a great deal with some good options.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this! You get so many shadows for a fraction of the price you would pay for a highend palette such as UD N2. There are a few matte shades and they blend in nicely. I mostly use those for my crease. The glittery shades are great too. pigmentation is on point. My only con about this product is that i wish it would've came with a nice brush or mirror. but other than that if you're looking for a good eye shadow palette but youre ballin on a budget, then this is it. And its just as nice as any highend palette out there. Definitely recommend!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

MY GO-TO PALETTE! If I were to lose all my palettes and was only allowed to repurchase one it would 100% be this one. Great for both every day and dressy looks.

Most of the shimmery shadows are amazingly and very fine, so buttery, creamy and easy to blend; one or two of the shimmer shadows are a tad grainy but I can live with that.

My most simple go-to look with this palette is sweeping that gorgeous copper shade (2nd last, top row) all over the lid with a nice black winged liner and some mascara. For a great everyday, neutral and matte smoky eye I like to use the variety of matte browns and blend, blend, blend! That gorgeous deep maroon colour is also fantastic for a berry/pink smoky eye, with the pink shimmer shade on the lid.

Literally, I am going on holiday in a few weeks and this is the only palette I will be taking with me.