Ecotools Eye Enhancing Duo Brush Set

Ecotools  Eye Enhancing Duo Brush Set

4.7

on 8/3/2016 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The brushes are awesome! I didn't want to splurge on very expensive makeup brushes, I find that prices are ridiculous for most of the brands, for what they really are, but not these puppies. I'm not complaining about ecotools brushes! They are priced very fairly, very soft, well made, they have a hefty feel to them, beautiful, natural handle, dense bristles and precise cut and shape. I find using these two (four) brushes every single day to complete my eye looks. Because I have very hooded eyes i need a larger brush for transition shade, therefore I use the round fluffy end and flatter fluffy end for crease shade or to fill in dark outer V colors. The angle brush is used for liner or to get a dark color into the edge of the lower lashline. And the smudge brush is perfect fot diffusing lower lashline colors. Typically I only need to pull one other brush - a large soft fluffy brush for the transition area, but that's it. You can take this set and one or two other brushes on vacation, but you won't miss not having your whole brush stash with you. This set is sufficient, and it performs beautifully. As for washing, i have washed these several times, no problem. I also sterilize all my synthetic brushes after every use. I dose a cotton pad with alcohol and clean the brushes that way every day, and there is no problem with shedding or hardness. Maybe wiping with alcohol is not a proper technique, but I don't care: the thought of putting dirty brushes on my eyes and back in the eyeshadow pan is grossing me out. I've cleaned these brushes with alcohol daily and with soap every week for over a year, and they still look brand new.

on 8/3/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Huh...reading the last review, I had to respond. I'm wondering about the washing. Until I found the technique of using my silicone face scrubbie as a pad for cleaning my brushes, I had a hard time getting all the soap out, and wonder if that's what may have happened here.

I really like these brushes; particularly, I like the round smudger tip for softly applying my crease color under the eyes. The others are all great too, but not quite as unique. They are pretty dense though, so I can see having trouble getting all the soap out.

on 8/3/2016 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was a total disappointment and a waste of money. I love Ecotools brushes and that is why I decided to get this duo. For the low price, 4 brushes seemed like a great bargain....and it was until I washed them.

I used the most gentle baby shampoo to wash the brushes, SLS and soap-free. I have been using this shampoo for years for all my brushes and none of them, high-end or low-end gets ruined afterwards. I made sure all the lather was completely washed out, then I laid this duo flat to dry. However, it was just ruined and for the above reasons, I am sure it is not from the shampoo or the washing. The brushes did not shed, but they had become so stiff that I was hurting and scratching my eyes when I used this duo.

I will have to go and get some individual Morphe or Real Techniques eye brushes now......

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Price: $10.99 plus tax
Store: Ulta

These are the first brushes that I've ever purchased from Ecotools, but they wont be the last. I had to toss the eyeshadow brushes that I've had for years after they started to shed and the handles loosened on them. I was browsing Ulta's website and noticed that these were moderately priced and highly rated so I ordered the set. And...I love them. I like that this is truly and all-in-one set. There is a good fluffy brush that I'm really enjoying for crease work on my droopy, hooded eyes. Each of the brush heads are very soft yet dense. They can pack on and blend colors very nicely. I like that they are double-ended and are so easy to travel with. I store them in the plastic and cloth package they came in to keep them free of dust. I will be purchasing the buffing brush next!

on 6/4/2016 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great all in one set. they are very soft and there has been no shedding and I've had these for a couple of months. I use the DEFINE to apply shadow to my lower lash line for a smoky look the SHADE to pack on color on my lid. The BLEND to blend out my crease color (not to apply the crease color) and the SMUDGE I use for my inner corners. This would be a great set for beginners as well.

on 5/12/2016 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is an amazing deal! 4 brushes for about next to nothing. For my eyeshadow needs, this has all of the bases covered. I've been using these brushes everyday for a year and haven't needed to buy any others. They're soft, they blend well, and they're really durable. I like that they're double ended. They take up less space and it's easy to alternate between brush tips. The shader brush is great for packing on shadow as well as some concentrated crease action. It has tapered sides that help it blend at the same time. The fluffy brush is an amazing blending brush. The angled brush is great for using shadow as liner or for lining shadow under the eyes. The flat little nub of a brush I love using for a smoked out lower lash line and for placing an inner corner highlight. If you don't have any eye brushes or have really sucky ones, you need these!

on 4/17/2016 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

These are my favorite eyeshadow brushes to use everyday! I love these! They are all you really need for your eyeshadow. They are soft and work great!

on 4/17/2016 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great, cheap, travel perfect brush set. It has everything I need for my lids. My only qualm is that I prefer a thinner liner brush, but this works well enough.

on 10/21/2015 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing - yeah! LOVE these brushes!
Quickest smoky eye EVER - use the short bristled one for pressing darker shadow onto the lash line - it practically does the smoky eye itself! I press that short bristled brush (not the angled one) first onto water, then dab onto my favorite smoky eyeshadow, press it onto my lash line and smudge with the same brush.

I've always loved a smoky eye but don't do it often in recent years 'cause of the time it takes. I like to be as quick and no fuss as possible with my makeup. But this brush makes it so quick and easy! Because of this silly brush, I've started doing a smoky eye often lately, and I feel so much more confident.
Love that Ecotools is cruelty free, inexpensive, & these brushes are double ended - better for travel and more economical. I've only used Ecotools brushes for years and have never had a single bristle fall out of any of them.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are the only eye brushes I need (except for a brow brush/comb). Soft but sturdy, economical and eco friendly. Shadow applies easily and these brushes are perfect size in all respects. I find the pouch they came in a bit annoying to store them in so I don't use it unless I'm travelling. These brushes clean well and are good quality. I have yet to see even one bristle/hair shed. Overall I am impressed with the Eco Tools line as I have the retractable kabuki brush and love that one as well.

Would recommend this to anyone shopping for a brush set. Picked it up at Walmart for approx $8 Cdn.

Popular Makeup Brushes