The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel

The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Citrus Nobilis, Methylparaben, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Citral, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Citrus Reticulata (Satsuma) Oil, Linalool, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Orange 4, Yellow 6.

on 4/5/2009 3:33:00 PM

This has a nice smell. I use it when I need a "wake up call". It smells wonderful and it is pretty rich....not a weak gel that smells nice but not a whole lot to it...it is moisterizing and a little goes a long way. The only down side is that I have to be careful not to use it "uhem" down there..if you know what I mean girls....it gives me a urinary infection and other body washes don't do this to me. So, because of that, I only use it on occasion and probably wouldn't repurchase because it is expensive. But, if you have the money and want to splurge, I recommend it.

on 6/13/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I adore this body wash! You can't help but be happy and ready to face the day when you use this. The scent is amazing and so very uplifting! I uses this especially on bad weather days to start me off in a good mood. Just because the it's stormy outside mean that I can't smell like the equivalent of sunshine!! One of the very best products available from The Body Shop.

on 6/26/2018 2:19:00 PM

I love this Shower Gel. My husband uses it as well bc it smells like fresh tangerine to me. Not girly, just luscious and fruity! I also use the Satsuma gel lotion, the light spray and the eau de toilette. It's not overwhelming bc I lightly layer. I have people ask me daily what perfume I'm wearing bc they love it! Me too..

on 4/19/2016 1:44:00 AM

My fave scent from the body shop. Men like it too...as in its pretty unisex and they'll want to use it themselves. I remember years ago I had a bf who would always steal mine so we ended up sharing but you'll go through the bottle too fast if you share so if you like this hide it and let your man use some cheap Irish Spring or Zest soap...sucka
Very scented will take over your whole bathroom...very refreshing juicy smell. I don't find this drying but then again the skin on my body isn't dry ever...Im a person who sweats easily even though Im thin-lol-and I actually despise moisturising body washes. I find these body shop shower gels similar to the Avon shower gels with the hooks to hang from your shower which are my obsession...although they don't have a Satsuma scent-bummer. So yeah, this is the only scent I find worthy of buying from the Body Shop since they're pretty pricey for what they are...unless on sale. Delicious scent, clean body...that is all

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG body wash. The scent helps to wake me up in the morning and gives me a burst of zesty freshness. I follow up with the Satsuma beautifying oil striaght out of the shower and add the body butter on top.

on 1/5/2019 10:55:00 PM

Smell is fantastic! Lingers on the body and fills my whole bathroom. My skin does not feel dry after. It takes a lot of product to create a lather however and keep it for whole body wash.

on 3/29/2017 5:09:00 PM

Even being in storage it still smells like its new. This gel stands the test of time. I would buy two big ones at a time. That is why one sat for a long time.

We have hard water. It works great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My husband and I used to share this shower gel. But now am using Grapefruit, while my husband still sticks to Satsuma. He loves the smell of oranges. It's either Satsuma or Shokobutsu Orange Peel. This (according to hubby) makes him feels refreshed and rejuvenated. He said it makes him feels a lot cleaner rather than other shower gel.

It lathers well. One pump is all needed. I find this one is too overwhelming to me. It has no chemistry on my body. I smells like stale oranges after shower whenever I use this. So I stopped using it and move along with grapefruit.

I always bought a jumbo sized bottle for my husband. It lasts a long time and looks lovely in my shower. Don't get me wrong even though I don't like it my husband do, overall it is a good shower gel. Would definitely buy again.

I just love love love the smell of this in the morning. It is perfectly serviceable as a body wash - definitely pricy for the amount you're getting, in comparison to other brands. However, what sells me on it is a) the smell, and b) the fact i can use it as a shampoo and a body wash. I follow up with a conditioner (Aussie) and my hair feels fine. I told a friend about this, and she was absolutely horrified that I would do that to my hair. However, I'm always being told that my hair smells good, and feels soft (boyfriends, hair dressers, etc.) so I'm pretty comfortable with keeping it as a shampoo. And it just makes my bathroom smell so good! My bf likes to use it as well, and he follows it up with Clinique Happy for men, which is a really citrusy cologne. Delish.

on 5/20/2012 4:02:00 AM

This stuff is like liquid sunshine! Such a bright, beautiful scent which is not at all synthetic. A little bit is required with a bath lily and it foams like a dream leaving skin feeling soft to touch and not at all dry! One bottle lasts ages and if you can get one during their sales (they have plenty) then its an absolute steal!