The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Citrus Nobilis, Methylparaben, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Citral, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Citrus Reticulata (Satsuma) Oil, Linalool, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Orange 4, Yellow 6.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product smells amazing, and lathers up really well on the body puff.

on 5/20/2012 4:02:00 AM

This stuff is like liquid sunshine! Such a bright, beautiful scent which is not at all synthetic. A little bit is required with a bath lily and it foams like a dream leaving skin feeling soft to touch and not at all dry! One bottle lasts ages and if you can get one during their sales (they have plenty) then its an absolute steal!

on 12/30/2011 12:37:00 AM

The Body Shop's Satsuma shower gel holds true to its reputation as a very delicious candy citrus scent. The first time I used this in the shower, I just wanted to keep showering to take in the scent which had spread with the steam. I used with a shower pouf and it lathered decently, although I had to use quite a few pumps (see below...).

Other than that, this shower gel does not do as much as other shower gels in the same price range. The fragrance is unnatural and very sweet ("Fragrance" is near the top of the ingredients list far from "satsuma oil"), and so is the bright orange color. I do not get the moisturizing effect it advertises at all, which I'm thinking is because this shower gel is so watery that it negates any potential effect of the oils in the gel. I bought this in the largest size which comes with a pump, and because the product is so runny, I have to use around four pumps every time I shower.

I would not buy this again, even for the delicious scent, because I think this is an average quality watery shower gel. I will enjoy what I have left though, but I won't really miss it.

on 3/20/2011 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

No one on this can argue that the smell isn't amazing. It is HEAVENLY. So refreshing and energising. I fell in love at first whiff <3
The product itself does nothing for my skin.it doesn't make it soft or dry or anything, but I don't mind because I love the smell :)
This product was kind of expensive (as all Body Shop stuff is) so I found myself really saving the shower gel for special occasions, I don't wanna waste it.
I will repurchase, for the smell alone - if it ever runs out ;)

on 3/23/2008 12:48:00 PM

First of all,
2 words.
LOVE IT!
It smells absolutely amazing and I would definetly reccomend this to everyone. I actually got alot of people, of all ages to love it too.
The one downside, is that it's not exactly cheap, but it's really not that bad, seeing as it is Body Shop! :]

It cost about $12 here in Canada.

on 2/3/2008 3:06:00 PM

Smells great and isn't too strong! It's a nice treat to use. I like this product though I won't be repurchasing because it isn't as moisturizing as I'd like it to be.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well I bought this on salefor $10 CDN. I don't really care much about body gels This doesn't moistrize (so I won't be using it during the harsh Canadian winter) and bears a nice scent that lingers for 30 minutes which is not long enough in my opinion. I don't really believe in spending that much on body gels but the smell is something I like and I'm very picky about scents. Still, I don't think it will become my staple because I don't like it THAT much and the price is not that right for a student like me. Though, I'm considering getting the body butter for winter.

on 10/22/2006 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product doesn't smell that great, a little less than average.

I like this stuff because it smells just like these animal soaps I had when when I was little. But the cap broke after just a couple of days, and the lather isn't as foamy as I'd like it to be. This gel is fun, but don't get it if you're expecting something really high-quality.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love to pair this with the lotion. DEE-LISH!