Paula's Choice RESIST Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA

Paula's Choice RESIST Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA
RESIST Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol (slip agents and penetration enhancers), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid exfoliating agent), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier) Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 (cell-communicating ingredients), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (anti-irritant), Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid (antioxidant), Oleanolic Acid (anti-irritant), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant),Trehalose (skin-repairing ingredient), Panthenol (skin-conditioning agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), PEG-60 Almond Glycerides (emulsifier), Caprylyl Glycol (skin-conditioning agent), PEG/PPG-18/4 Copolymer (solvent), Methyl Gluceth-20, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane (skin-conditioning agents),Glycereth-26 (emollient thickener), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Carbomer (gel-based thickener), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent).

This honestly saved my skin. I use the Extra Strength which I believe is slightly different. For years I've struggled with acne and almost every product I've tried has broken out--it's so bad I have to make my own cleanser, and even then it didn't solve it (but I think I'm figuring out the cause so fingers crossed). Then I decided to give this a shot and I'm glad I did--miracles of miracles, it didn't break me out and cut breakouts down a ton.

I have only a couple of complaints:
1) The packaging is annoying and will leak if not stored upright. I've found this out the hard way. Not travel-friendly.

2)I'd heard BHA helps with sebaceous filaments but I have seen no reduction in about two years of use.

But it makes my skin manageable and clear and that's what's most important to me at the end of the day. It's a bit expensive (I'm in Canada) but a bottle lasts about six months and is sooo worth it.

I have sensitive skin and had previously tried the 1% bha lotion. But silicones just don’t seem to suit my skin! I was scared to try the 2% then when I did ay first I almost wished I hadn’t - I broke out in even more tiny whitehead pimples on my jawline than usual (one of the main reasons I was trying it out was to get rid of bumps there!) But then I read up a bit about how exfoliants can cause spots to come up quicker than they otherwise would, so figured this was maybe that kind of a purging response. The general consensus seemed to be that big inflamed breakouts probably meant a bad reaction, but small whiteheads were more likely to be purging. I decided to carry on using it, focusing just on the breakout areas as other parts of my face have got pretty dry recently. It’s been a couple of weeks now and my skin has much improved! I feel like my daily makeup and suncream is no longer clogging my pores in the same way. Going to continue trying this out, will update if any bad reactions do occur.

This is a good bha. Paula choice has a good range of bha’s . I really liked it but its not my favourite liquid bha of the range but there is a differant one for everyone since everyones skin is differant.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Woah, wish I had known about this product sooner. It has completely stopped my forehead from becoming an oil slick by mid-afterrnoon. Aside from this miracle, my pores appear smaller and I have had no breakouts since since I began to use it.

on 5/13/2017 3:45:00 AM

Since I tend to have dry skin I use this product 2-3 times a week. It really keeps my pores clean. When the pores are clean they appear smaller. I put it on areas of my face with enlarged pores. Because the pores are clean and exfoliated, I don't get blackheads or breakouts. The only negative is it dries a little sticky which is interesting because it doesn't interfere with makeup. This product makes you skin sun sensitive so if you don't already, you have to use a sunscreen daily.

I know that all the products I have reviewed receive five stars, but that's because I have extremely sensitive skin and, to minimise negative reactions, seriously review everything before putting it on my face. I have rosacea (which I keep under control through a combination of diet and skin care) and am a generally allergic person, which means my skin can flare up from coming into contact with anything from skin care products, makeup or even dust! My latest and most strikingly, amazing find is Paula's Choice Resist Daily Pore Refining Treatment 2% BHA. I ordered the trial size as I was convinced it would send my face into a world of redness, but was willing to take the risk in a desperate attemp to address both the pores and the general lacklustre appearance of my face. Oh my goodness! Not only did I have no reaction to it whatsoever, my skin looked better the very next day after the first application! I have now been using it for a good month and it is an absolutely revolutionary product for me. I use a variety of products from Paula's Choice/Clarins/Institut Esthederm plus natural Honey which I feel are able to work much better now that I have been using this exfoliant. Obviously, we all have our own triggers that cause flare-ups, but I would encourage anyone to give the product a try, it is the first exfoliant I have been able to tolerate and I absolutely love it!

I really love this BHA. I am on my third bottle and it is noticeable if I run out and don't use it for a while. I cleanse my skin and then use this treatment at least 3 times a week. I follow up with a moisturizer. Right now I am using her Daily Resist and it is OK. This product is a definite staple in my skincare routine, however. She offers a sample size if you don't want to commit to the large bottle. She has special very frequently and I don't find the price outrageous for the product.

on 11/17/2016 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I went through the entire bottle and I love this stuff! I could tell a noticeable difference in the appearance of pores and texture of my skin.

on 11/6/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Over the past 9 months, I have cycled through nearly all of the Paula's Choice BHA treatments. RESIST Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA ended up being my favorite. It is also the same product as PC4Men Soothe + Smooth. The product is a water-weight liquid, has a neutral scent, and soaks in very quickly, leaving the skin slightly plumped and ready for the next skin care step. Its consistency is such that I can use it as a toner and treatment in one step, and benefit from anti-aging ingredients, gentle exfoliation, and a touch of moisture for my normal-to-oily skin. It is wonderful under my sunscreen in the AM, and does not contribute to any extra oiliness or shine. I have never had any irritation from this BHA, and in fact find it slightly soothing. It has been best for regular maintenance of clear pores rather than an antidote for severely clogged skin or spot treatments. Although the price might seem high, my 3oz bottle lasted more than 6 months with daily use (once per day). I have repurchased the men's version of this product because it was slightly cheaper per oz at the time I bought it.

Below are my rankings for various qualities I was seeking in a BHA treatment (1 = best, 5 = worst). Even though RESIST is not at the top of all the categories, I found it hits the sweet spot for my skin due to its balanced formula, anti-aging ingredients and versatility for daily use. Bottom line, I have found this product is a great skin-supportive formula for a complexion that has breakouts or clogged pores mostly under control, which perfectly describes my skin. Highly recommended!

Gentleness

1) Skin Perfecting 2% liquid or gel
2) Clear 2% regular strength liquid
3) Resist 2% liquid / PC4Men Soothe + Smooth
5) Calm 1% lotion

Texture and ease of use in daily skin care routine
1-2) Resist 2% liquid / PC4Men Soothe + Smooth or Clear 2% regular strength liquid
3) Calm 1% lotion
5) Skin Perfecting 2% liquid or gel

on 7/28/2016 12:41:00 AM

One great BHA, very light, far less sticky than her 2% liquid. In fact, completely absorbed and non sticky within seconds .

I am trying this out cuz Jan marini one is getting too expensive.

I use AHA 12% toner after this one.

This combo is almost the same as Jan marini, and less sticky ., far cheaper.