MAC Studio Sculpt Lash

3.2

on 12/29/2015 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I had reservations about this mascara when the SA told me that the small comb-like wand was great for those of us with short lashes but when I tried it at home it was not good. The finished look was nice but it would take me too long to apply this mascara to my liking. It takes awhile to layer the mascara on my lashes. So because of that, I have to return it. It's perfect for the bottom lashes but to use it just for that is a waste of $18 in my opinion.

on 11/24/2014 3:11:00 AM

I love the look of this mascara. However, it's ingredients bother my eyes and make my eye lids puffy and swollen. It also stings when removing and smears through out the day.

My eyes are not normally sensitive to cosmetics or skincare. I have never had a reaction to any other mascara that I can remember.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

MAC seems to have stepped up their game with mascaras as the ones I've tried in the past didn't live up to my expecations. (no volume, smearing, smudging, goopy formula, etc.)

The brush is actually a comb that's similar to Maybelline's now discontinued Lash Stylist mascara whereby you do comb your lashes. The MA gave me a great tip on how to use this mascara: coat your lashes with the flat end of the wand and then use the teeth to work the mascara through your lashes. It works!

This mascara would work well with women who are blessed with rather full lashes naturally and just want length and definition. I like to use it as a layering mascara with thickening mascaras (my lashes really need all the help they can get) or for those days when I want nicely defined lashes without serious volume and I have the time to apply it. This mascara does take a bit of time and patience to apply as the formula is quite wet so if you're not careful, you can end up with black marks around your eyes or your freshly applied foundation.

Having given these good points, there's something in the formula that somewhat irritates my eyes a bit when I remove it so it's something to keep in mind if you have sensitive eyes like me.

Would I buy it again? No, because of the irritation factor for my eyes and I can get similar results from Rimmel's Lash Accelerator mascara for less money. (and no irritation when I remove it)

on 9/26/2014 1:21:00 PM

I just bought it and I really like it! It's more lengthening than volume. it's great for under the lashes because the plastic bristles are so small. no fall out. doesn't smear. I like!!!

on 9/6/2014 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

When I read a review of this mascara on a blog, and saw the pictures of the mascara wand, I knew I had to have it.
It has a plastic comb wand which fans out into smaller spikes which gives the lashes a really fanned out natural look. The mascara formula is not too thick, a little wet and not waterproof. I haven't had any real issues with smudging yet.
This has quickly become my favourite new everyday mascara. I love Benefit's They're Real, but I realize it's a bit much for everyday use.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a total mascara junkie and believe me when I say that I have tried Soo many.. I love that wide doe eyed look and was devastated when Maybeline discontinued my beloved lash stylist mascara with a comb like applicator that did miracles for lashes a few years back. I switched to Cargo's blu ray mascara which had the same deal then they got discontinued to and most recently Lighting Lash by Femme Couture which was almost similar as well also bit the dust. I saw this online at nordstrom and when seeing that this had a comb applicator got super excited and knew I just had to get it. Well, Unfortunately although it is a decent mascara it didn't deliver the results I was expecting to be honest.. Did it define nicely? yes. Did it clump? no. was it drying or too wet? no. did it add volume? kind of. did it lengthen? not really... Curl? not really... It left nicely defined separated looking lashes with no clumps but that wasn't enough for me especially for the price paid for that matter...It may not be as expensive as dior or lancome or giorgio but come on, I think $16 is alot for one tube of mascara personally.. I guess seeing the comblike applicator gave me high hopes of it to be a remnant of lash stylist but it didn't come close to it whatsoever, sadly:/ However like I said earlier it wasn't a bad mascara hence why I think a 3 is justified. But if you're looking for great length and va-va-voom volume you are going to be very disappointed. So in my case.. Sorry MAC, I won't be repurchasing