4.6

price range

Reviews

3.0

4 months ago

I am starting to really like AG hair styling products a lot. This Firewall flat iron spray does protect my fine, dry hair from the flat iron. It is a light mist aerosol spray can with a light scent that does not linger. If I use too much, it does leave my hair with a film on it. It is not my favorite heat protectant product though. I like the Chi or the B & B invisible oil better.

About reviewer (3102 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

3 years ago

This has to be one of the best products I've had for flat ironing, because my hair is a special animal due to its constant frizzy state, despite it being thin. Because of this I am now wearing fusion extensions, which obviously are much better quality than my own hair therefore I always need to heat style to try and blend them in. Turns out it's not that easy, because my hair quickly reverts to its crappy state while the extensions stay nice, like normal hair would. Enter Firewall... well it's the only product that manages to keep my own hair sleek enough (even though still not perfect!) and helps me blend everything together. It smells great, makes hair shiny, with lots of movement... One word of caution though - a little goes a long way, I have oversprayed twice and had to re-wash my hair, because after ironing it looked so oily and limp I just couldn't go out in public like that.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

This is not the cheapest heat protectant nor the most expensive I ever tried, but probably the best! Lately I been trying AG products and surprised at how great they are. I have like 6 other heat protectants but most of them are for wet hair, and sometimes my hair is dry when I decide I need to flat iron it a bit. This smells great, works great and compared to B&B or Alterna is pretty well priced. I got the small size to try out and will purchase full size when I run out. I have super damaged bleached hair.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

4 years ago

I do NOT regularly flat iron my hair, but based on what this product does, thought it might be good with a curling iron...and it is! I have longer, blonde, color treated hair that tangles easily and looks dry and frizzy and a scalp that gets oily. I rarely flat iron to prevent additional dryness and damage. I got a sample size of ebay around 8 bucks to try, since i'm a product junkie, i wanted to try it out first. I sprayed it lightly as I curled it - only a few times as I curled each layer with a medium heat curling iron, and got a lovely, shiny look that's lasted through two days and multiple curlings. I am not easily impressed and constantly struggling with my hair - I'm very, very happy with the result. I've only used this once. If I can get this result again, this will be HG for sure. I currently use AG oil (HG), I even keep a small bottle in my purse - a very light oil that smooths and detangles without weighing my hair down. For some reason I think this spray did better for me than the oil. Thank you girls for the great reviews! I would never have tried this otherwise.

About reviewer (181 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Other

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This will be my very first review on MUA. After an exhaustive search for a flat iron spray/heat protector ( and lots of $$$ spent), I had almost given up and accepted my dry, damaged, highlighted hair. But something compelled me to check MUA once again and this time I BELIEVE I may just have found my HG product. AG Hair Care's "Firewall " spray is a miracle for me. I use it on my air dried hair as I'm flat ironing it. The most recent t time I used it, I first applied Matrix Moisture Cure Spray on my towel dried hair ( combed it through), then I applied some Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Smoothing Milk from mid length to ends, concentrating on some more damaged areas. Then, I twist it into curls and let it air dry. ( I have losely curly/wavy hair that is about 6 inches past my shoulders. Tends to frizz because of damage from coloring/highlighting). Then, when it's completely dry, I spray the ends of each section as I'm flat ironing it. And I must say ( with complete sincerety)that this is the ONLY one that has not made my hair stiff, oily, sticky, crunchy, dull or dry!! All I'm left with is silky, shiny & sleek hair that still feels like my hair !! If I could give this product more than 5 lippies, I definitely would!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

5 years ago

I ordered this online, actually just as an extra thrown in item in my shopping cart (for the free shipping, lol) BUT upon receiving, I realized it was just the small bottle. My honest first reaction was really, 8$ for this small (travel size) bottle, I'm returning it---Well, I flat ironed my hair one day, and decided to give it a try. My hair had been untamable and frizzy lately. I sprayed this (aerosol) flat iron spray onto my hair and flat ironed as usual. As a first time user of this product and an AG product in general, I was very impressed!!! This product smells great, and left my hair very smooth, soft and very manageable! I'm very happy I decided to keep it and try it out. I'm definitely going to be purchasing the full size in the future. Definitely my favorite flat iron spray, by far,( so far.) I Love that it is aerosol, and not a liquid that has to set and dry, or overly powered with the smell of alcohol like some flat iron sprays I've used. And it's really great that it has Argan oil in it as well! I'm surprised (as well as some other reviewers) that there are not very many reviews on this great product!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

5 years ago

Doesn't leave your hair crunchy, but soft and smooth. Love it.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

Like the reviewer before me, I was surprised at the lack of reviews on this. I have tried every heat protectant out there, from drugstore brand to high end, and nothing compares to this! This fine mist aerosol is so much easier to use than the squirt bottles and this really does make my hair appear naturally straight as opposed to ironed stiff. My hair moves and shines like never before and it smells GREAT to boot! I tried the small size just to see if I would like it and I'm heading back for the full size because I love this stuff!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

EyesGray

6 years ago

I'm really surprised no one else has reviewed this product yet. It's a truly great heat protective spray, in my experience. I've tried several disappointing products designed to protect my hair from the heat of a flat iron and I didn't expect this one to be any better but I wanted to give it a try - y'know, hope springs eternal and all that. Anyway, I'm glad to report that my hopes were not dashed this time. Firewall is an aerosol spray, rather than a pump spray. And it really does make my hair softer than if I don't use this - I've done an experiment a few times, using it on only half my head. And there really is a difference; my hair is so much softer and silkier on the side where I've used Firewall, compared to the other side of my head. Instructions say to use this on one section of hair at a time (as do the other products of this type that I've used) rather than spraying your entire head. I don't know how well this would work if you have fine or thin hair but for my coarse, thick hair, it's just wonderful. And the good results seems to last and my hair also seems to hold its smooth, straight curved bob shape better than when I don't use this. Will certainly repurchase.

About reviewer (1495 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool