Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Bauhau5 (formally Mau5)

4.4

This shade must be selling like hotcakes, becauseI was almost out of luck when venting to my local Sephora to pick up this shade. Luck must have been on my side, as I was able to get my eager paws I on the last tube - which was hidden I the stock drawer underneath the Kat Von D display.

For starters, the name is a mash- up of my two favorite bands. (She's In Parties is always in heavy rotation on my playlist).

Secondly, this is a really pretty color. It's definitely bright. It reminds me of Urban Decay's Jilted, minus the duochrome shift - just a touch brighter. Altogether outta a very attractive, eye catching shade that's worth picking up.

Formula - wise I found it to be similar to the other liquid lipsticks, as it was lightweight and easy to apply. I like putting a bit of concealer on my lips to keep it a bit more true to color add my coloring makes everything look darker than what it actually is.

Would I repurchase? Hell yes!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This liquid lipstick is perfect. It comes in many, many (42) shades, including many, many nudes. This color Bauhau5 is a jolt of raspberry. It's a hot pink with a blue undertone, so it suggests purple, but is not purple. Some might call it "magenta".

It's long lasting, stays put, and looks fabulous, just like your lips happen to be another color. The finish is between a lip stain, and a full coverage lipstick. You can get a great dupe in the Wet 'N Wild Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipsticks, but this Kan Von D formula is easier to handle, remaining liquid just long enough before setting.

I am a big fan of most of the kvd liquid lipsticks and have a pretty wide range of colors, to me bauhaus is a standout color because it is so unique. I could see this color looking good on anyone. Although i love the kvd formula some colors have super even coverage with one swipe and some dont. This shade doesn't. With a couple of layers and good application this one is a stunner. To me this is a re-buy even with minor issues. Good lipstick price point is a little high but with long lasting formula i really cant complain.

The color is beautiful, and very pigmented. I love that one swipe is enough for opaque coverage, and while the first 10 minutes after it dries is uncomfortable, it does pass and then it feels comfortable for the rest of the day. But the fade on this is not pretty. For something that is supposed to be long-wearing, this got an ugly fading ring in the center of my lips at around the 4th hour. I do exfoliate before applying mattes like this, and I made sure there was no balm residue on before I applied. It's a shame, I really loved the color.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

When I saw this color I automatically thought "Springtime"! Beautiful fuchsia and of course great staying power. Unlike some of LVDs liquid lippies, there was no patchiness when I applied, just pure color. Will definitely be rocking when the weather breaks.

I love this color and product! Sometimes I think it's a little too bright pinkish/purplish that I actually put a couple dots of the vampira on before I apply this one.
Other than that, I love it. I love how long it stays on and how it doesn't crack or dry too much. The only thing I didn't like about it is that if I saw a patch of light color on my lips and I applied a second coat later on, then it starts to transfer and and flake off.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this a gorgeous shade for fall and winter. but i will likely wear year round as it's not too vampy. it a a deep raspberry magenta colour that is so gorgeous. on different skin tones it may lean pink, red or even purplish. but on my nc40 skin it is a deep magenta berry. i love the kvd formula as i don't find it uncomfortable if i wear balm under. also you get more product for the price compared to other brands. very happy with bauhau5 as a statement lip that's not too neon

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A nice deep, red shade with a hint of berry. While Lolita lasts half a day, this one lasts all day. Not really a fav for me since you can see my lips from a mile away with this bright red color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This color is insane! It's sooo pretty and I get lots of compliments when I wear it. It's hard to describe. Electric berry? Magenta? Fuchsia? Whatever it is, it's a beauty.

The doe foot applicator makes it easy to apply, and the formula lasts all day. ALLLLLL day!

Tips: Exfoliate and moisturize lips before use, as it can be a little drying. Inevitably, I'll cave and apply chapstick over this at some point in the day, and that lessens the staying power, and transfer-proofness of this lipstick, but hey - I can't stand when my lips feel dry. So, yeah, moisturize before, but wipe off any excess before applying, otherwise the product won't set as well on lips.

I love the color of this ,however I had a reaction to it ,I had the hives around my lips , not sure if it's the color or ingredients , I want ed to try a few other colors but I'm so reluctant because of my previous experience :/