Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Bauhau5 (formally Mau5)

4.3

I am a big fan of most of the kvd liquid lipsticks and have a pretty wide range of colors, to me bauhaus is a standout color because it is so unique. I could see this color looking good on anyone. Although i love the kvd formula some colors have super even coverage with one swipe and some dont. This shade doesn't. With a couple of layers and good application this one is a stunner. To me this is a re-buy even with minor issues. Good lipstick price point is a little high but with long lasting formula i really cant complain.

The color is beautiful, and very pigmented. I love that one swipe is enough for opaque coverage, and while the first 10 minutes after it dries is uncomfortable, it does pass and then it feels comfortable for the rest of the day. But the fade on this is not pretty. For something that is supposed to be long-wearing, this got an ugly fading ring in the center of my lips at around the 4th hour. I do exfoliate before applying mattes like this, and I made sure there was no balm residue on before I applied. It's a shame, I really loved the color.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

When I saw this color I automatically thought "Springtime"! Beautiful fuchsia and of course great staying power. Unlike some of LVDs liquid lippies, there was no patchiness when I applied, just pure color. Will definitely be rocking when the weather breaks.

I love this color and product! Sometimes I think it's a little too bright pinkish/purplish that I actually put a couple dots of the vampira on before I apply this one.
Other than that, I love it. I love how long it stays on and how it doesn't crack or dry too much. The only thing I didn't like about it is that if I saw a patch of light color on my lips and I applied a second coat later on, then it starts to transfer and and flake off.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this a gorgeous shade for fall and winter. but i will likely wear year round as it's not too vampy. it a a deep raspberry magenta colour that is so gorgeous. on different skin tones it may lean pink, red or even purplish. but on my nc40 skin it is a deep magenta berry. i love the kvd formula as i don't find it uncomfortable if i wear balm under. also you get more product for the price compared to other brands. very happy with bauhau5 as a statement lip that's not too neon

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A nice deep, red shade with a hint of berry. While Lolita lasts half a day, this one lasts all day. Not really a fav for me since you can see my lips from a mile away with this bright red color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This color is insane! It's sooo pretty and I get lots of compliments when I wear it. It's hard to describe. Electric berry? Magenta? Fuchsia? Whatever it is, it's a beauty.

The doe foot applicator makes it easy to apply, and the formula lasts all day. ALLLLLL day!

Tips: Exfoliate and moisturize lips before use, as it can be a little drying. Inevitably, I'll cave and apply chapstick over this at some point in the day, and that lessens the staying power, and transfer-proofness of this lipstick, but hey - I can't stand when my lips feel dry. So, yeah, moisturize before, but wipe off any excess before applying, otherwise the product won't set as well on lips.

I love the color of this ,however I had a reaction to it ,I had the hives around my lips , not sure if it's the color or ingredients , I want ed to try a few other colors but I'm so reluctant because of my previous experience :/

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I waited SOOOO long for this to come back in stock at my local Sephora, and when it finally did, I immediately snatched it up.
First off, this shade is absolutely stunning. In warmer light, it's a gorgeous deep pink. In cooler light, it almost leans magenta. So pretty! It also makes your teeth look super white. This is a wonderful shade to wear year-round, as it's bright enough to be on-trend in the warm months, but deep enough to still look vampy for the cold months.
The formula is out of this world. This stuff truly lasts for hours without fading or getting clumpy, but it's also quite comfortable and doesn't suck the moisture out of my lips. When it finally does begin to fade, you're left with a pretty pink stain, so the fading isn't quite as noticeable.
Love the packaging of this whole range. It's pretty and sturdy, and the doefoot applicator is plush and easy to use. I rarely need to use a lip brush to apply this, as I find the applicator gives a pretty precise line without too much wobbliness.
At $20 a pop, these are a tad expensive, but not too terrible once you consider the price of, say, the Hourglass liquid lipsticks, whose quality is, in my opinion, far inferior, and you get literally half as much as you do in the KVD ones.
All in all, I'd say these liquid lipsticks are a knock out of the park, but this particular shade really is the best of the bunch.

Lightweight, easy to apply, long lasting, pigmented, even, matte & comfortable - this liquid lipstick ticks all the boxes! The color selection of this line is great and offers something for almost everyone. I had a hard time choosing my first, but ended up with Bauhau5, and glad I did. While the shade isn't highly original, it's a beautiful, rich fuchsia. Brighter than MAC's Rebel, but similar. It's very wearable for a lot of skin tones. I love how smooth and even this stuff applies. While it does dry down matte and feels slightly drying on the lips, it is still comfortable and flexible. It does transfer slightly on me - I found tiny flecks on my teeth and it rubbed off on my spoon when I ate my morning yogurt. However, you can reapply without getting a patchy look on your lips.

Popular Lipsticks