OPI Gelcolor - Don't Burst My Bubble

No Image

1 review

on 5/25/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Don't Burst My Bubble is a transluscent/milky, very faintly pink-tinged, "soft"/ivory white (NOT a yellow-y white, but not "White Out" stark-white either).

On my nails, the pink gives my nail beds a healthy milky pinkish glow, despite the white overlay of color (most straight up semi sheer off white polishes give my nail beds a grey'd type of hue). I love how my tips still look "white", yet the nail bed looks pale pink.

With one coat, this polish color is barely noticeable on my nail -- very very sheer and glossy. 2 coats gave me a transluscent milky nail cover. 3 coats (my fave!) gave me a semi-opaque look, a heavy-handed French Mani look that is reminiscent of that 1990's Baywatch/Pamela Anderson color that everyone seemed to be wearing on their squared-off tips. :) I know that oval is in right now, but square suits me and I LOVE the milky-white over-done French Mani look. haha This is my go-to look during the summer. I used to rely mainly on Essie semi-sheer whites, but now that I've discovered Don't Burst My Bubble in Gelcolor formulation, I'm putting my reg Essies away.

The only negative (true of every semi-opaque white polish I have ever used!), is that I also found DBMB to be just as streaky as the rest. :/ I thought that working with a gel formulation would result in less streaks -- but nope. STREAKY. 1 and 2 coats were the most problematic. 3 coats seemed a bit more even (but up close, you can still see some streaks). I'm taking 1 star off for this reason. I'm hoping that with practice, I'll be able to get a streak free application with this color. I'll update if I ever succeed.

Popular Polishes