The Body Shop Hemp lip conditioner (stick)

The Body Shop Hemp lip conditioner (stick)

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hemp Seed Oil, Clary (Salvia Sclarea) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol.

I have had this for a while and I always buy cheap ones and come back to this one. its yummy smelling with no taste and makes my lips smooth as silk, also not waxy or oily just the right texture. I love all the hemp stuff

This smells nice although a bit irritating (not a creamy comforting or tasty scent like most lip products), more fresh.

My main issue with this is that it was really hard to apply, like you have to press very hard on your lips. There is no shine at all which some people might like.

on 10/6/2016 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great! This balm is quite hard when applying, and does not absorb quickly. It moisturises very well and I prefer the heavier feeling, especially during cold, windy days. If you hate feeling lip balm on your lips for a long time, then pass on this balm.

on 10/4/2016 8:16:00 PM

For years I have been plagued by chronically dry and cracked lips, leading to a bad picking habit that only made matters worse. I have been through so many different lip balms over the years but never have I ever found one that truly helped my lip condition, until I found this one.

The application of this lip balm can be a little difficult if the stick is cold, but swiping a few times on my upper lip to warm it up helps it spread more evenly on my lower lip after. The balm is thick and is slowly absorbed into the lips over time, leaving them soft and smooth. Many of the other lip balms I've previously tried would melt away within 5-10 minutes, leaving my lips still dry and cracked as before, as none of it had absorbed to any deep level enough to create a significant and lasting difference. Because the balm doesn't absorb as fast, the layer also helps protect you lips from the cold and wind, while your lips are conditioned back to a healthy state!

To me, the smell is very pleasant. It's hard to describe - you should try to see the lip balm in person and smell it if you think this would be important to you. Like others have said, it is slightly herbal but fresh at the same time. When applied, the balm does not leave any sort of shimmer or sheen, but is clear and unnoticeable. My lips just look like I have a balm on.

This lip balm is one of the reasons my lips are able to maintain a healthy and moisturized look. (But let's not forget how much of a difference drinking enough water or the weather conditions can make!) Now, if I could only kick the picking habit.....

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This really works , will buy again for sure

on 11/6/2015 7:48:00 AM

the smell. nuff said.

After just a few uses my severly dry and flaking lips feel more moisturised! Usually with lip balms ive used in the passed, they have just temporarily masked the problem rather than actually solving it by hydratingg my lips

The scent isnt that strong but it is slightly herbal in my opinion but that doesnt neally bother me because the balm is actually working and it feels so smooth like a non sticky body butter for the lips! It doesnt sink into your lips right away which is nice as you dont feel the need to re-apply it every 10 minutes

The colour of the packaging has been updated which is more appealing and for 4 i think this great value for money as it your able to leave it for months and still be able to use it whereas LUSH lip balms have to be used within 2-3 weeks

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a guy who used to buy what ever kind of lip balm until I was for some reason browsing The Body Shop and discovered this hemp lip conditioner. BEST BALM EVER. I was kind of turned of by the price $8, but gave it a whirl. I spun a wheel and got 20% off. I will never buy any other lip balm anymore. Also since the price of it is a little steep, I seen myself not loosing it like I do with $1/2 ones. This stuff is amazing. Other reviews may say that you keep on reapplying it often, not true, it's probably out of habit that they do. Although if it is cold the stick is a little hard to apply. Also I was in Colorado for work, met up with a buddy who was working the same festival I was. I pulled out my lip balm to apply, he was like "man, I got the same one" he pulled his out, I'm glad I'm not the only guy to discover this.

on 10/24/2014 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was a bit skeptical to try this because I've tried so many lip balms. But recently, my lips would not stay moisturized. They would feel dry and peel no matter how many times I tried to exfoliate and apply lip balm.

Well, after using the lip balm, I saw results! My lips stayed moisturized and no more peeling! I was afraid it was going to smell like the hand cream - the scent of the hemp hand cream can turn noses away, but the lip balm smells like green tea to me. No hemp smell at all and there's no taste.

The only other lip balm I was able to tolerate was Maybelline's Baby Lips, but I just wanted something new. The packaging is generic with a high price point, but I'll definitely buy it again.

on 10/8/2014 2:56:00 PM

Being a smoker, I am always burdened with having really tight, dry lips (entirely self-induced, my own fault for smoking in the first place, etc, etc). I put lip balm on religiously and have went through more chapsticks than I can count. But alas, every morning I wake up with the same flakey-ness and dryness no matter how much Vaseline or Blistex I've smothered on my lips the night before.

This lip balm is a godsend! I'm never using any other lip care again. I have already went through 2 of them since discovering it and it never fails to deliver on smooth, soft, moisturised lips! Even in winter, it protects against the harsh bite from the cold and frost.

I am a lipstick fiend - I put on lipstick every day no matter what outfit, weather condition or occasion. I have a lipstick for all scenarios! However, I was very disheartened as it seemed every lipstick I put on just enhanced the cracks, flakes and roughness of my lips. I don't get that problem after using the hemp lip balm at all! My lipsticks glide on, they look great and stay in place even though they're on top of a lip balm. The balm itself isn't too oily, so be careful not to overdo it as it doesn't feel like you're getting a lot out the tube when applying, but you really are. Don't wanna waste it!

All-in-all, great product. Love it! Would recommend it to everyone! Hemp has done wonders for my skin, the body butter and hand lotion I could not live without!