Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Colour Powder

Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Colour Powder

4.7

on 5/12/2018 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is for the summer 2018 edition of this powder. The texture is very silky and finely milled, Imo silkier than 2017’s new release “Ensoleillé” powder (the one with ridges on the surface and a uniform color all over). Close to the classic Les Beiges Sheer Glow. It also has a very elegant, more neutral-toned microshimmer compared to a very golden-toned (like even rose gold) microshimmer of the Ensoleillé. It is released in 3 shades, I was choosing between Light and Medium to use as a bronzer for my nc10 complexion. The Light surprisigly was light even for me (ie as a bronzer) and with a cool pinkish undertone, so even for my complexion imo it would be a glowy highlighter not a light bronzer (the SA told me the same). The Medium is close in shade to the Ensoleillé in Light - again, with a more neutral-toned microshimmer. Both the very blendable shade and the sheeny glow are very flattering :) Altho there are visible microshimmer particles in the pan, when applied they barely show if at all, giving a soft glow (idk, maybe a rare speck would shine up on the cheek). My preferable application is in the “C” shape. However, I’d say the microshimmer (when blended) is imo mild enouph to be used as an all-over powder for an evening look, also on the collarbones to unify the glow. Or if you focus on the “C” and then apply all-over with what remains on the brush, it won’t look excessive. Of course, the glow is much more pronounced than the polished sheen of the classic Sheer Glow.
Unlike the Sheer Glow (which imo is a bit of a misnomer as the powder is not sheer - however can give more of the *appearance* of a sheer polished base) the Multi-Coloured is quite sheer in its base, giving a mild bronzy colour and glow but not adding a “substance” layer (which the Sheer Glow imo does bc it is specifically made to be a base/foundation product). In that, it works well on top of the summertime moisturizer+sunscreen+base product mixture not adding that kinda heaviness.
Compared to my Givenchy Bonne Mine Healthy glow, it gives much more glow and less color bc colour comes with the glow so packing on could get excessive, so imo isn’t really an option. And the Chanel is not as translucent as the Givenchy (which is a totally translucent wash of color and mild glow/sheen - its sheen is closer to Chanel’s Sheer Glow). They are both very good but different-focused products: the Givenchy is a dedicated bronzer without any coverage, the Chanel is a soft glow with sheer-ish coverage + multi-colored bronzer good to softly “contour” the face (eg applying the lighter shades to the center in that “triangle of light”, or in the “C” shape, or whatever you choose, or not bothering to do that) + blush (focusing the brush on the part with the blush shade stripe). In that, the Chanel is very versatile, but my Givenchy is a nicer bronzer-only.
The ingredients list is identical to the Poudre Ensoleillé.

on 7/2/2016 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

These Les Beiges powders are to die for! The texture is sublime, the colors are great. They are extremely versatile. You can use it as a setting powder in a shade that matches your skin. You can use it as a bronzer, or a contour on your face. The powder feels great on the skin, and not heavy. I'm really impressed with this product!

on 3/20/2016 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Unfortunately this was not a good buy for me. I absolutely love Chanel products and really enjoy them; they're always such a luxurious treat. This powder did nothing for me - I had to really dig the brush into it to get any colour at all, then it stuck in all my dry patches and irritated my skin.

I would not repurchase; I have dry sensitive pale skin with a touch of rosacea which flairs up from time to time. Very pricey too and I went back and tried No 30, and various other colours with the Sales Assistant all with the same result.

Thumbs down from me, I'm afraid.

on 7/9/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ohmygoodness! I cannot rave enough about how awesome this product is for me. I bought this in No. 2 last Summer when I was quite tan and at first I did not "get" the product. It basically disappeared right into my skin as a sculpting product. So I swirled all three colors together and applied to the outside of my face on the forehead, temples and cheeks but I still thought it was not so impressive. I was about to send it back when my husband came home and kept looking at me oddly. He said I was radiant and glowing. Hmm! I decided to keep it and used it to lightly dust the same way all Summer. It added that special sunkissed glow without making me look really frosty or sparkley. Then when my Summer tan faded in the Fall I was able to use it more as a true bronzer that showed up better. It is gorgeous. I never really use it as a sculpting powder as it is too bronzish for my cool skin tone but it is a spectacular bronzer/highlighter and I love it. I highly recommend!

on 7/6/2015 3:21:00 PM

Pros:
Subtle highlighter, matte bronzer and fresh blusher all in one! Great to travel with for that reason. I can use them seperately, or mix them together and get a beautiful fresh glow, just as advertised!

Cons:
The Chanel seasonal healthy glow powders smell differently, and this one is my least favourite. Bleh...

I would repurchase, in theory, but since it is a limited edition I will just purchasing the next limited edition powder and so on...

on 8/23/2014 9:50:00 AM

Absolutely loove this!!! was looking at shiseido's color trio face palette as well and i am sooo glad i got this instead!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is the most beautiful powder i own. I used to think i cannot wear powder because of my dry skin. Powder always makes my skin look parched and fines lines magnified. Until this! This does something wonderful to my complexion (NC30) - i own the lighter shade. This brightens my complexion, blurs it, glows and looks amazing!

The cons are the crazy price, although i will always replace this once i finish one. The fragrance which to me should never have been added, and are too strong. The powder also cakes extremely easily on the pan, from the oil transferred from my face. After applying moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning, my face is always alittle tacky and this would transfer to my powder and harden the surface. One way to deal with this is to use a synthetic brush and wash daily. Hourglass ambient lighting powder does not cake at all, but the result isn't as nice.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I bought this in N 02 and I like to swish all three of the colors together and use it as an illuminator or highlighter to warm my face. The color is very sheer and natural on my skin. The packaging is elegant and the product has a nice flowery smell. I thought it was a bit "pricey" but after all it is Chanel. Overall I really like this product and would buy again but it is a Limited Edition.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love, love, love this product so much! I can't say it any other way! I am NC20 and bought shade 02 to use as a subtle bronzer and it looks so incredible on me! Before this, I had been using Nars Irresistablement, which was a great bronze shade on me, but I wanted to try something new. The Chanel powder is so amazing because it doesn't look at all like I'm wearing makeup, so I don't have to invest time in any blending. The color just warms up my face and makes me look better and healthier! i'm curious to see how this will work in the winter, but right now, I think it will be a perfect year round color. I actually want to get another Irrestablement from Nars for the days when I want a beachier bronzed look, as the Chanel is just a skin improvement! Also, it may be worth noting that I do not like any visible glitter on my face, and I was worried that the highlighter strip of the powder might be a bit too "glowy" on me, but I do not detect any shimmer at all on my skin. I have actually applied a separate highlighter for days when I wanted more glow. This is an HG product for me and I will be so sad when it finally runs out!

on 7/14/2014 10:42:00 PM

Saw the reviews and decided to try these out. At the counter the SA tried to sell me 01, but decided to get both 01 and 02 (well they are supposed to be limited editions). I have to say I love 02 it's gives a nice healthy glow when used with all colours swished together or separately. The bronzer is just perfect and I think I prefer it to my Nars Laguna. 01 provides a very sheer glow and I had to really go over the blush colour to get it to show on my NC30 olive skin tone. Overall the palette does give you that nice subtle healthy glow that is not powdery or over done.