Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance

No Image

3.9

On me, this is a nice, clean floral with a hint of vanilla musk and a tiny touch of powder. I personally don't find this scent heavy in the least. It's perfect for work (when spritzed lightly), a day out shopping with girlfriends, or even a date night if you aren't into a more glam scent style. Even though it's hard to really recommend perfumes to others since they smell so different on everyone's skin, I find this to smell similar spritzed straight out of the bottle on the paper strip as well. I think this scent is super versatile, and girly without being too immature. I plan to always have this one in my perfume arsenal.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not one to review fragrances, because I think it's unfair to grade a scent, being that smell and scent preference is incredibly subjective. I'm going out on a whim for this one because I'm so impressed at how long it stays during the day, in addition to smelling wonderful and not aggravating my allergies. I love this as a formal scent, I actually purchased it as the perfume for being a bridesmaid in my little brothers wedding. The dark vanilla and peony pair perfect together. Very rich, but not overwhelming. Best of all I smell it all day, so if I can smell it, I know others can smell how nice I smell!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This scent is not similar to the original Romance. It is a heavier fragrance. Midnight Romance is a sweet berry floral with hints of peony and strongly infused with dark vanilla. I am not a fan of red berry floral scents so this one did not work for me.

on 4/27/2015 11:39:00 AM

Great fragrance, light not heavy, can be worn anywhere. Love the hint of vanilla.

on 12/28/2014 2:01:00 PM

Lovely packaging but this smells like sweet warm vanilla to me with slight floral notes. Overall too much vanilla in the balance for my preference.

on 7/28/2014 6:08:00 PM

I went into Sephora to try Ralph Lauren's Romance and this new Midnight Romance. Midnight Romance was the winner by far.

The initial spritz may have some fruitiness, but on me it is fleeting and quickly evolves into a gorgeous seductive warmth that seems to come not from any one note as much as from the wonderful combination thereof.

I'm amazed that some have not had good luck with its longevity. I can still feel its presence even the next day. It's the kind of scent where even after you might not easily detect it on your pulse points or wherever you sprayed it, it still seems to be enveloping you with a somewhat sweet, rich vanilla-ish and subtle powdery hug.

This is a perfume that should appeal to any woman who appreciates a classic.

The iris in this makes this powdery and very feminine. It smells like a pretty girl or a naturally lovely adult woman. This isn't pretentious or strong and can be worn anywhere. It reminds me what my.hot culture.perfume.Was.Like before it hit the cabernet, smoked and snuggled with the vino.....This is a desexed approachable hot culture. Instead of tobacco this one has iris and instead of ripe sexy raspberries this one has sweet fresh berries. I only have a tiny squirt but I would imagine this one fades semi quick and that I would liberally apply it and possibly need the lotion as well. Absolutely nothing in here annoys.my nose in fact, I'm very attracted to it and keep going in for more. This one could definately be for the young girls (16 plus) or women in their middle ages as well. I like hypnotic poison, organza, hot culture, Angel, addict, marriage, adore, etc. for evening because I feel I like the strength of those fragrances for dates or parties. But this beauty I could see.myself wearing this to work as an adult woman . I don't think it has the strength I crave for evenings. But it smells so lovely and beautiful and good I will buy it for work and such. As soon as I smelled it I realized that I want it. I can tell my man will like this too. I like the.vanilla in here. This is well done and much better than the original romance. I wanna.spray this all over my body and smell gorgeous.

Midnight Romance is pink. It smells so pink it needs a plastic crown and the matching wand. Good news is, the perfume isn't heavy at all. Thank goodness. I've already swapped my new 3.4 oz. bottle.

My biggest problem with Midnight Romance is...I almost feel betrayed, or tricked, in a way. The name alone brings forth images of a midnight romance (as is its name), of a sensual, seducing encounter with a man you just met, one you plan to make swoon just by catching a whiff of your irresistible scent.
At least, that's what I imagined. But, sadly, that's not the case at all.

It's fruit. Just fruit. To me, this should have been named Popsicle Romance or Raspberry Romance. It's sweet, cloyingly so, as well as verging on soapy. I could have sworn I sniffed a woodsy or patchouli note in there from the testers, but no such thing here.

There's no depth to it, no sexiness, no take charge, no edginess, no seduction, nothing that stands out at all. Nothing but fruit. I'd normally suggest/wear sweeter or more vanilla-y perfumes during the winter, but there is a note in this perfume that bothered me really bad - the stomach ache kind of bother. It's also not strong enough for a fall/winter fragrance.

There's little to no sillage, and it lasted a minute on my skin. I didn't even have to wash it off before applying a new perfume.

If you're expecting a slightly sweeter version of the original Romance (not that I was) in any way, shape or form, you'll be disappointed. I didn't expect a sweet version of Romance, I simply expected...more.