3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This review is for the Effaclar Duo+ sold in Canada. It does NOT contain benzyl peroxide. WOW, this stuff is impressive. I switched my teen from the Avene Cleanance line (after 2 years) this week because she had a massive break out and so many blackheads. The Effaclar line (gel cleanser, Serozinc spray as a toner and Duo+ as a moisturizer/treatment) has changed her skin overnight. No joke. I had a couple of spots on my face (still oily and acne-prone in my 50s, yay me) start, I dabbed the Duo+ on at night and was amazed -- nothing the next morning. I was leary of this because it has niacinamide (which I generally can't use), but WOW. This stuff is amazing.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

from

a year ago

This is my absolute HG when dealing with acne... I get breakouts every now and then and also periods when I have light to moderate acne. This cream is miracle in a tube. I originally received a sample of this and after one use I saw a difference. Since then I always have to have this in my stash. My skin literally looks better after one night but during acne periods I use this all the time and it significantly helps tone down the break outs and redness.

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I've received this product as a gift, after I've complained about some pimples and blackheads after a hormonal treatment. The gift was actually a full pack of samples, which is equivalent to 15 ml. I've tried them out and I didn't get any bad reactions and later I've got the product itself. My face is cleared right now, no blackheads at all. Ocasionally, some red pimples disturb me and when it gets worse I use it twice or thrice a week as a night treatment. It helps me control my sebum secretion too. It has a light, milk-like texture, fully absorbs on the skin, but doesn't tighten or dry my skin out. I apply some anti-inflammatory cream after it, because acne is both bacterial caused and inflammation too. I recommend it for anyone with some mild/ moderate acne, but get a sample first, it has a big probability it might not fit you. It has an average price for a LRP product, I'm glad I got it as a gift.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

EyesHazel

1.0

2 years ago

Honestly one of the most damaging products I've ever used 1 star is too high I have combination skin not particularly sensitive but cystic breakouts on chin frequently This feels uncomfortable and burns It dries out your skin so badly make up cannot even cover your spots It doesn't reduce spot turnaround time by any real time if anything I often felt it was causing more Worst is the angry red marks it leaves on your skin months after throwing in the bin It should come with a warning I now use rosehip oil..don't be afraid of it with spots gets rid of them gently

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

2 years ago

My sensitive skin reacted very badly to this product, burnt horribly and left red marks that turned into brown scabs that wouldn't leave the surface of my skin for weeks. I struggled to get to sleep at night due to the pain this gave me which could only be calmed by thick layers of Aloe Vera. I used this for spot treatment as it was to harsh to apply to my whole face, but most of my face is covered in acne thus resulting in marks that looked similar to burns. Worst weeks of my life as a result of this product.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3.0

2 years ago

I used this product for a very long time. The truth is that I used the same products for my skin for many years and all of them were from La Roche Posay. This is good, but not as good as I wished. Honestly when I finish this one I will never buy it again. I'm testing new products now and I discovered better ones to treat my acne, such as Noreva Global 6 (I think it's from France). It made a lot more difference than Effaclar Duo did in long time. Basically, this product never reacted to my type of skin, the texture it's nice and has really soft smell but the results take too much time to see...

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

2 years ago

this is one of the la roche posay products skin saver. i love la roche posay in general. this helped clear my skin and prevents acne. its very gentle and didnt break me out. it also adds moisture to my skin, it's like acne moisturizer. highly recommended for those who have acne and sensitive skin. btw i have acne prone combination and sensitive skin. here's my in depth review along with my other la roche posay skin saver products https://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-product-that-changed-my-life-la.html

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown

HairBlack

from

2 years ago

Holy Grail! My skin went completely haywire a year ago when I was put on thyroid medication and I started breaking out like crazy, finally discovered this product, and after about a month's use my acne started getting better, now break outs are almost completely gone, and my skin texture feels smooth and "clean". The only downside is that it can be drying on sensitive skin, so I use night cream or Lancome Visionnaire on top of this during the colder months.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Girls this product was my holly grail thats how i cured my acne after two months. I was reading everywhere about how good product it is and indeed it did the job. First of all the first week i had breakouts after that the next twi weeks my skin was getting very dry. When it was flaky i was switching with avene cleanance hydra and then again the effaclar. Now if you see pics from the summer and now my face is very different. Its a cream that you cant use for a long term cause your face gets thinner because of the exfoliations and sensitive. I use although this cream a few times per month when i got my period and it works with the breakouts. A must use and must have product. Also it absorbs very quickly its not sticky or greasy

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

I've used this product for a year and a half and come to a decision that it doesn't really suit me. My skin is very sensitive, combo oily to normal, prone to breakouts. At first my skin reacted pretty well to this product, it stoped the breakouts in general, it wasn't drying. After using up the first tube, I'd purchased the second one & then something happened. My skin started to break out even worse then before, at the end I was having cystic acnes on my chin :( Still not quite sure if I got a dud or something but too scared to try again. Searching for a new cream...

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age25-29