Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain
Colorstay Moisture Stain

3.3

Water , Octyldodecanol , Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate , Butylene Glycol , Carthamus Tinctorius Oleosomes Safflower , Stearyl Alcohol , Alcohol Denat. , Ethylcellulose , Acrylates/Ethylhexylacrylate/Hema Copolymer , Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Glycerin , Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer , Xanthan Gum , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Fragrance , BHT , Tetrasodium EDTA , Ethylhexylglycerin , Benzyl Alcohol , 1 , 2-Hexanediol , Caprylyl Glycol , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene , Linalool , Hexyl Cinnamal , May Contain (+/-): MicaCI 77019 , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 , Red 28 LakeCI 45410 , Red 33CI 17200 , Yellow 5 LakeCI 19140 , Red 33 LakeCI 17200 , Red 7 LakeCI 15850 , Red 40CI 16035 , Yellow 5CI 19140 , Yellow 6CI 15985 , Red 6 LakeCI 15850 , Blue 1CI 42090 , Blue 1 LakeCI 42090 , Yellow 6 LakeCI 15985

on 1/26/2017 2:21:00 PM

I'm a big user of Smashbox Always On lipstains which last 12-14 hours of work, talking with clients, eating salads and drinking multiple cups of tea and coffee a day. I was hoping that the Revlon would do the same thing, albeit with a less matte finish. I was wrong. This is my fourth day of wearing it, and I have had to apply it three times already since 7am (it's 1:30pm now) and I haven't even had lunch yet.
The color is beautiful, but it's no better in staying power than any normal lip cream.

The smell is very chemically - not particularly strong but rather unpleasant until it dries and the applicator applies far to much product at any one time (texture is very gloopy). It appears to have a small divot in it that collects a ton of product and makes it a real mess. I recommend dotting it on your lip and then using a lip brush or your pinky to spread it around to reduce the mess. Don't worry, they won't stain, because this stuff comes right off (unfortunately).

I like the boxy packaging -- it's similar in that regard to Smashbox (and the applicator is similar, too). The color on the outside of the packaging is very true to the color of the product. If this stuff actually lasted more than an hour or two, I'd be head over heels.

on 1/24/2017 10:38:00 AM

What is this? I wanted one so bad and finally bought it and it's like paint the texture is yucky but the packaging is cute.

on 12/29/2016 4:47:00 AM

I may never use another lipstick again!!! These are utterly amazing. I recently purchased "New York Scene" a delightful cherry red and was astounded to find it easy to apply (no lip liner required!); lovely glossy lip and best yet - it actually stayed all day without drying my lips hideously... It didn't bleed/smudge/transfer at all! Only touched up lightly once after lunch & I can still clearly see the stain after dinner. Initial stickiness disappeared after a few mins & I was left with a neat true lip stain. Felt slightly "tight" at the end of the day but not too drying, lip balm or clear gloss didn't seem to affect it. I didn't notice any particular smell or taste. Quite expensive in $AU unfortunately. Not sure if all colours in the range are as good as NYS but so far I highly recommend this.

This stain is awesome. It does take some effort to put it on just how I want it, but no more than any other lipstick. It's not a "run out of the house while I smear this on my lips" type of gloss. However, it applies as a gloss that dries down beautifully to a "just bitten" stain. It reapplied great, and also fades away nicely and subtly so if I don't get a chance to reapply it I don't look like a crazy person with big patchy spots all over my lips. It just gradually melts away without leaving the dreaded "butthole" inner rim or making it look like I walked out of the house having only applied lip liner. It's just a very lovely product that I will continue to purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have a few of theme (an orange-y coral) sumemry color I forot it's name mabee Stocholkm not sure, Barcelona, NY Scene, Stockholm, and Milan, the keep to their word, my favy lipgloss, it's a lipgloss that's lasts a long time, it's like the Loreal La Caresse Riche Wet lip stain and the new Loreal Colour Riche Lip Colour, I think the gold tube more of the newer version of the wet stain, honestly I like tem both, but Revlon is great. Pricey for a drugstore brand lipgloss-stain, not on sale, but totally worth it.It kinda feels like I have nothing one (like my regular lips). This is MLBB shad! but you know what eve better! the NY Scene. I'm not comparting it to Loreal's lip products and items, but it reminds me of it. This is a lipgloss, a lipstain and moisturizing it keeps to it's word, I took a lippie off the price because it was too high, it should of been $7 dollars at most. A lippie off packaging, because it doesn't come in a great package, just a seal. I carry it in my purse daily and I just got it today

I was in desperate desire of a good lip stain, and after intensively searching my local drugstore, found the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains. I wanted a lip product that would not - under any circumstances - rub off, and would still have a good application of colour and a variation of colours to choose from at that.

After buying two of the lip stains (025 a watermelon-pink and 050, a beige nude), I then looked a few reviews up online just to see what I was in for.

They weren't good.

Basically, there was a lot of fuss about 'too much gloss,' 'not enough stain,' 'sticky,' and 'patchy.' It didn't look promising.

However, this is what I found upon trying out the colours.

1. The application is about a 1/5. You have to work with it. It's a very moisturising formula, which is brillant once it dries, but makes for a longer application. Don't expect to throw this on as you run out the door. It takes me about 20-30 seconds in front of a mirror to work it into my lips. You'll be glad you did.

2. The consistency is a creamy gloss at first. Don't freak out. It's a stain, I promise. For the first half hour (unless you choose to wipe off the excess earlier), you'll have glossy lips. After that, the top layer, if you like, wears away, revealing a balmy stain that hydrates your lips and has a beautiful colour payoff.

3. Longevity is standard. I needed 2 applications in total for a 9 hour workday. I'm pretty happy with that.

4. Packaging is beautiful. It's classy, straightforward, easy to see the colour, and free from spills or dribbles. Some people complained about the doefoot applicator, but I personally like it. Just make sure you wipe it off before you apply, otherwise you'll OD.

I did not find major differences between the lighter colour and darker. Touch ups were neccesary, as the colour fades evenly throughout the day. In saying this, when eating, kissing, brushing teeth and talking, the stain does not budge in patches. It simply wears through as the day goes on. Consquently, I tend to reach for this one a lot. It's fuss free, and if you put it on with your makeup before you do your hair, by the time you step out of the house, your lips are graced with a natural stain. This is one I will definitely be trying in other colours, and I highly reccomend you try one (or ten).

XOXO

on 7/10/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful colours but doesn't stay on lips at all. After a meal, even a small one with bite-sized snacks, the stain is ALWAYS GONE.

on 6/14/2016 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is worst! The formula is very sticky! It also sticks on my teeth! WTH this is really annoying. The doe foot applicator is really annoying too! It gave me a very hard time applying the product. It leaves a slight stain but the gloss is way too sticky! I've been applying this for like 5-10 mins because even though I'm really careful the product sticks on my teeth. Who the hell wants that?! I can't use this if I'm in a rush! It's definitely a waste of money. I regret buying this one. Do not buy this.

on 5/6/2016 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Had one in rio rush I was attracted to the packaging so I bought one about 2 or so yrs ago and its been sitting ever since the color is pretty its bright n coral pink but it stinks and has a pasty texture that I don't like and I wouldn't recommend nor repurchase.

on 2/28/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Color: London Posh

It went on very sticky and the flimsy applicator didn't help although it is not entirely to blame for the the general crumminess. It feels heavy, sticky, and stifling on my lips. The color looks absolutely horrible and looks much more peachy/corally than the packaging suggests plus is does not apply smoothly and looks as bad if not worst than the very cheapest lipgloss on the market. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.