Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain
Colorstay Moisture Stain

3.2

Water , Octyldodecanol , Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate , Butylene Glycol , Carthamus Tinctorius Oleosomes Safflower , Stearyl Alcohol , Alcohol Denat. , Ethylcellulose , Acrylates/Ethylhexylacrylate/Hema Copolymer , Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Glycerin , Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer , Xanthan Gum , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Fragrance , BHT , Tetrasodium EDTA , Ethylhexylglycerin , Benzyl Alcohol , 1 , 2-Hexanediol , Caprylyl Glycol , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene , Linalool , Hexyl Cinnamal , May Contain (+/-): MicaCI 77019 , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 , Red 28 LakeCI 45410 , Red 33CI 17200 , Yellow 5 LakeCI 19140 , Red 33 LakeCI 17200 , Red 7 LakeCI 15850 , Red 40CI 16035 , Yellow 5CI 19140 , Yellow 6CI 15985 , Red 6 LakeCI 15850 , Blue 1CI 42090 , Blue 1 LakeCI 42090 , Yellow 6 LakeCI 15985

These ended up in a local shop drastically reduced, I know why... I would be so angry if I paid the full price for this product.
Application- they are pretty thick so if too much applied, it will feel sticky and may even end up on the teeth.
So better to use less and evenly spread on your lips. Do these stain your lips - maybe slightly, do they keep lips moisturised - not so much, not more than any other shiny lipgloss.
Basically not a great product and definitely one off purchase from me.

Product wears off right away, stain doesnt last at all and colors are really decieving. Thank god i biught 3 on clearance, anc now I know why. Total waste on all 3.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

In my quest to find a glossy stain that's as perfect as my beloved discontinued L'oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine stains (why :L'oreal???). Those were a drugstore version of the YSL glossy stains, and the formula was almost identical. The Revlon version has a completely different feel because it's much tackier in feel and never quite dries down. Nonetheless I am pretty impressed by this product. Here's the scoop: Unfortunately for me, I got this in the shade 001 India Intrigue and against my superpale N10 skin, it just looks garish and clown-y. This is a deep, super-saturated cool-toned fuschia, almost bordering on magenta, and would look lovely on someone with darker skin. These are very glossy on application - they almost have an 80s gloppy mirror shine. If you love the matte lipstick trend, you will not appreciate the high shine of these. The nice thing about this texture is that, true to the product name, these have a very moist feel. The negative is that this never sets - it transfers and smudges like mad. I tested out the tenacity by drinking several cups of hot tea and eating a bowl of salty roasted cashews (in the name of research of course). After 3 hours, my lips were left with a pink stain (patchy in dry areas), and no more gloss. Will I try again with these? Yes, I only wish there were a better shade selection.

on 12/26/2017 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Really unfortunate product. The color was a beautiful, goes with everything kind of color. Stain left behind by days end was a little rimmy but still attractive. Application is zero fun. .. feels very gloopy and needs spreading to be at all comfortable. Then there's the freaking packaging. If you store this any way but perfectly right side up, prepare for a lovely puddle of stain wherever it lies. Even if you do store it right side up, sometimes. This thing has made more mess in my house than my 3 year old.

on 11/19/2017 6:11:00 PM

This product is goopy and horrible. The applicator is way too big. If you use any more than the tiniest amount it just turns into a sticky mess.

on 8/28/2017 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This lip color stays soft and strong for HOURS... It applies like a mix between a gloss and a liquid lipstick, and takes some time to "settle" on the lips and really become a stain. For the first 40 minutes or so, it wears like a gloss but then it stains and wears like a balm. Can't beat the price for the longevity and comfort of this product. If you like long-wearing color but hate the cakey, drying feeling some other long-wear lipsticks can impart, give this one a try. I plan to go back to the store I bought mine from and get one in each color... maybe multiples, just in case it becomes discontinued at some point... I got mine in "Parisian Passion" and it's a lovely purple-burgundy. Makes my teeth look whiter, too, which is a nice bonus!

on 1/26/2017 2:21:00 PM

I'm a big user of Smashbox Always On lipstains which last 12-14 hours of work, talking with clients, eating salads and drinking multiple cups of tea and coffee a day. I was hoping that the Revlon would do the same thing, albeit with a less matte finish. I was wrong. This is my fourth day of wearing it, and I have had to apply it three times already since 7am (it's 1:30pm now) and I haven't even had lunch yet.
The color is beautiful, but it's no better in staying power than any normal lip cream.

The smell is very chemically - not particularly strong but rather unpleasant until it dries and the applicator applies far to much product at any one time (texture is very gloopy). It appears to have a small divot in it that collects a ton of product and makes it a real mess. I recommend dotting it on your lip and then using a lip brush or your pinky to spread it around to reduce the mess. Don't worry, they won't stain, because this stuff comes right off (unfortunately).

I like the boxy packaging -- it's similar in that regard to Smashbox (and the applicator is similar, too). The color on the outside of the packaging is very true to the color of the product. If this stuff actually lasted more than an hour or two, I'd be head over heels.

on 1/24/2017 10:38:00 AM

What is this? I wanted one so bad and finally bought it and it's like paint the texture is yucky but the packaging is cute.

This stain is awesome. It does take some effort to put it on just how I want it, but no more than any other lipstick. It's not a "run out of the house while I smear this on my lips" type of gloss. However, it applies as a gloss that dries down beautifully to a "just bitten" stain. It reapplied great, and also fades away nicely and subtly so if I don't get a chance to reapply it I don't look like a crazy person with big patchy spots all over my lips. It just gradually melts away without leaving the dreaded "butthole" inner rim or making it look like I walked out of the house having only applied lip liner. It's just a very lovely product that I will continue to purchase.

on 12/29/2016 4:47:00 AM

I may never use another lipstick again!!! These are utterly amazing. I recently purchased "New York Scene" a delightful cherry red and was astounded to find it easy to apply (no lip liner required!); lovely glossy lip and best yet - it actually stayed all day without drying my lips hideously... It didn't bleed/smudge/transfer at all! Only touched up lightly once after lunch & I can still clearly see the stain after dinner. Initial stickiness disappeared after a few mins & I was left with a neat true lip stain. Felt slightly "tight" at the end of the day but not too drying, lip balm or clear gloss didn't seem to affect it. I didn't notice any particular smell or taste. Quite expensive in $AU unfortunately. Not sure if all colours in the range are as good as NYS but so far I highly recommend this.