Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

3.4

Water , Octyldodecanol , Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate , Butylene Glycol , Carthamus Tinctorius Oleosomes Safflower , Stearyl Alcohol , Alcohol Denat. , Ethylcellulose , Acrylates/Ethylhexylacrylate/Hema Copolymer , Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Glycerin , Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer , Xanthan Gum , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Fragrance , BHT , Tetrasodium EDTA , Ethylhexylglycerin , Benzyl Alcohol , 1 , 2-Hexanediol , Caprylyl Glycol , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene , Linalool , Hexyl Cinnamal , May Contain (+/-): MicaCI 77019 , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 , Red 28 LakeCI 45410 , Red 33CI 17200 , Yellow 5 LakeCI 19140 , Red 33 LakeCI 17200 , Red 7 LakeCI 15850 , Red 40CI 16035 , Yellow 5CI 19140 , Yellow 6CI 15985 , Red 6 LakeCI 15850 , Blue 1CI 42090 , Blue 1 LakeCI 42090 , Yellow 6 LakeCI 15985

I was in desperate desire of a good lip stain, and after intensively searching my local drugstore, found the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains. I wanted a lip product that would not - under any circumstances - rub off, and would still have a good application of colour and a variation of colours to choose from at that.

After buying two of the lip stains (025 a watermelon-pink and 050, a beige nude), I then looked a few reviews up online just to see what I was in for.

They weren't good.

Basically, there was a lot of fuss about 'too much gloss,' 'not enough stain,' 'sticky,' and 'patchy.' It didn't look promising.

However, this is what I found upon trying out the colours.

1. The application is about a 1/5. You have to work with it. It's a very moisturising formula, which is brillant once it dries, but makes for a longer application. Don't expect to throw this on as you run out the door. It takes me about 20-30 seconds in front of a mirror to work it into my lips. You'll be glad you did.

2. The consistency is a creamy gloss at first. Don't freak out. It's a stain, I promise. For the first half hour (unless you choose to wipe off the excess earlier), you'll have glossy lips. After that, the top layer, if you like, wears away, revealing a balmy stain that hydrates your lips and has a beautiful colour payoff.

3. Longevity is standard. I needed 2 applications in total for a 9 hour workday. I'm pretty happy with that.

4. Packaging is beautiful. It's classy, straightforward, easy to see the colour, and free from spills or dribbles. Some people complained about the doefoot applicator, but I personally like it. Just make sure you wipe it off before you apply, otherwise you'll OD.

I did not find major differences between the lighter colour and darker. Touch ups were neccesary, as the colour fades evenly throughout the day. In saying this, when eating, kissing, brushing teeth and talking, the stain does not budge in patches. It simply wears through as the day goes on. Consquently, I tend to reach for this one a lot. It's fuss free, and if you put it on with your makeup before you do your hair, by the time you step out of the house, your lips are graced with a natural stain. This is one I will definitely be trying in other colours, and I highly reccomend you try one (or ten).

XOXO

on 7/10/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful colours but doesn't stay on lips at all. After a meal, even a small one with bite-sized snacks, the stain is ALWAYS GONE.

To Read all 77 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/14/2016 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is worst! The formula is very sticky! It also sticks on my teeth! WTH this is really annoying. The doe foot applicator is really annoying too! It gave me a very hard time applying the product. It leaves a slight stain but the gloss is way too sticky! I've been applying this for like 5-10 mins because even though I'm really careful the product sticks on my teeth. Who the hell wants that?! I can't use this if I'm in a rush! It's definitely a waste of money. I regret buying this one. Do not buy this.

on 5/6/2016 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Had one in rio rush I was attracted to the packaging so I bought one about 2 or so yrs ago and its been sitting ever since the color is pretty its bright n coral pink but it stinks and has a pasty texture that I don't like and I wouldn't recommend nor repurchase.

on 2/28/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Color: London Posh

It went on very sticky and the flimsy applicator didn't help although it is not entirely to blame for the the general crumminess. It feels heavy, sticky, and stifling on my lips. The color looks absolutely horrible and looks much more peachy/corally than the packaging suggests plus is does not apply smoothly and looks as bad if not worst than the very cheapest lipgloss on the market. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

on 1/20/2016 7:20:00 PM

This stuff is so ridiculously patchy. I've tried it so many times cause I want to love it. The color is amazing. I just can't wear it cause it looks a hot mess.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product gave me (what seems to be) perioral dermatitis twice! The first time I just thought I was getting cold sores.
It took me a second time to realize it was this product that was causing my problem.
I do not have sensitive skin, I am 27 and nothing like that has ever happened to me.
Now it hurts to open my mouth fully. These sores take 2 weeks or more to heal, and the skin on my lips is soooo dried out. I've even had some cracking.
The fact that a product like this can have such a bad effect is pretty scary. Won't ever be trying any more lip products from Revlon. Not worth the risk after this experience!

on 11/8/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I purchased Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain (020 Rio Blush) a couple of weeks ago. Absoutely adore the color! I used it for two days. My lips swole - nice bee stung look. Blistered mildly and are still peeling. I've gone through a ball of Eos, a partial tube of Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm and it really isn't a lot better. The swelling has gone done some, my lips are a lovely pink from all the peeling I think, but I still have strips of skin I peel off throughout the day. Has anyone else had this problem or one similar?
I use other Revlon products and have never experienced any problems.
To be fair, I've had problems with the long last all day colors (all brands) drying my lips before, but nothing of this magnitude.
First, does anyone have a suggestion on something to use to return my lips to normal? Another type/brand of lip stain that doesn't dry?

on 11/2/2015 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is a must have!

on 10/29/2015 2:27:00 AM

The only main thing I like about these is the packaging. I don't like the formulation, its a bit gloppy. It doesn't leave a stain whatsoever and very weak staying power. Don't recommend this, nothing special