MAC Cosmetics Silver Sun extra dimension eye shadow

No Image

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

So beautiful. I was waiting for this to be restocked at my local MAC counter (it was out of stock for a few weeks and when I did finally get my hands on it, I got the last one of the new shipment). I'm so glad that so many of the Extra Dimension shades are now permanent and I'm slowly adding some of the colours I missed when these were LE. Silver Sun is GORGEOUS - a sort of tarnished green-tinged silver or pewter. It's somewhat similar to the left side of Nars Habanera but deeper in colour. It really isn't like anything I have in my eyeshadow collection - it really is a tough one to dupe closely. It is a lovely shade that works beautifully with so many shadows. I love it with Stolen Moment or Silver Dawn. It's beautiful with darker green shadows like Sumptuous Olive or Humid. Matte browns like Wedge, Brun or Charcoal Brown pair well with it too as do many purple shades (I wore it the other day paired with a purple from one of the Too Faced 9-pan palettes and the results were lovely). Like I said, I am so glad this one is permanent now so more people can purchase and use it.

on 5/16/2014 7:45:00 PM

Gorgeous light mermaid green for eyes. More like UD shimmer shadows in texture. See my prof for pics, not sure how to add here. It's an unusual green to add to your collection. I just went for it. I love it and have no regrets. I won't buy again tho cos it will last forever... Website said "mini" but it's a full size shadow. Packaging is awesome as the drops are raised & look v real, not cheap at all. Fun and beautiful!