L'Oreal Lineur Intense

3.9

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So currently I'm searching for something to replace my expensive Lorac PRO & Stila All Day liquid eyeliners. I like pen + felt tip eyeliners because they easily give me a crisp wing. I knew this wasn't a pen but it had a felt tip so I thought it'd be worth giving it a try because I hate brushes since I'm sloppy & always get eyeliner on my lashes lol.

I have this in Black Mica because that's all that was left in WalMart. It's not a jet black or intense black. It's even less black than my ELF liquid eyeliner... :/ More of a dark, matte black. I noticed the color is kind of patchy. I have to go over some parts again to get what I want. What upsets me the most is that the felt tip is not as sharp as I wanted so it's harder for me to get a crisp wing. It's flabby & rounded. I have to angle it slightly during application to get something similar.

-1 for non-sharp felt tip
-1 patchy application

Probably won't repurchase.

UPDATE Jan 25, 2017: Wore this for two 8-hour school days & I'm actually extremely surprised that the corners of my eyeliner didn't disappear due to my oily eyelids. Every eyeliner I've tried (including Stila & Lorac) both dissipated at the corners of my eyes but this L'oreal eyeliner didn't!! But I'm still not completely happy since the felt tip isn't sharp lol.

This liquid eyeliner is so tremendous. It never smudges, cakes, or causes my eyes to get itchy(a problem I have had with most other liquid liners, I have sensitive eyes and I am prone to styes). It's the only liquid liner I will use now, amazing quality for this price!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my jam. This is my one and only true true make up love. I like other products, and sometimes I get obsessed with different mascaras, and lipsticks. But there is literally only one product that I would go to the end of the earth for, and it's this.

The felt tip makes application a breeze - it's bendy enough but not too bendy like a brush. I can be precise, I can be quick, and I can build up or do a fine line. The colour is nice and dark and stays alll day. Like alllll day. In my video above I apply it at 10 in the morning, and come home after partying at 3:30am, and it still looks great.

I have oily lids. I wear many different mascaras. Sometimes I tight line my waterline - mostly with gel eyeliners. Sometimes I mess around with other eyeliners, but I always come back to this one. I always have one at home and one in my purse (even tho I almost never have to touch up).

This is life. You must at least try it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This eyeliner is okay... It's easy to remove because it flakes off even if you rub it after making a mistake. If your eyelids get oily throughout the day, it will transfer in the crease. The brush isn't that precise because the fibers would flare out of it so you have to scrape it against the top of the bottle to form it. After putting it on, I have to wait several seconds for it to dry.
I've had it for a year now and bought it on sale when it was 40% off. I'm using it until it runs out but after some practice, I've managed to make the kinds of cat eyes I want. It hasn't dried out yet. There's still a good amount of product in it. I've been using it every day for the last six months. Just be careful about rubbing it it's not long wearing. Still in the market for one that is.

BRUSH TIP REVIEW: I am new(ish) to liquid liner so maybe I should've gone with felt. Didn't realize there were two options. BUT the formula is amazing!! It's so extremely black, and I'm fair skinned with very dark hair so the effect is striking. I wear black glasses and the blacks were the same. And it looks so... satin smooth. No crumbly flakey dry looking black crackle. It takes a while to dry. 30+ seconds of having your eyes half open or closed. Otherwise it will get on your crease if your eyes are shaped like mine. And I made the mistake of using a non-carbon black mascara with this a few times, and in photos: no lashes! Gotta go carbon black for liner and lashes if you want a really glam look. TL;DR Great blackest black, should go with felt, star off for the drying wait time. Get matching mascara.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've been using L'Oreal Lineur Intense with the brush for about 6 years, it's such a staple in my makeup kit. It's probably the only makeup product I've repurchased multiple times.

I have really oily eyelids, but I just apply my Proof 10 eye primer, then eyeshadow and then Lineur Intense for a dramatic black liquid line that sits firmly on my lids and has burned itself into part of my identity for years now. I know I can count on it to still be there, 12 hours later when I wash my face. I've flirted with gel eyeliners and such, before I used eye primer, but now with the eye primer my Lineur Intense and I have a more stable relationship than ever before, and I haven't been interested in looking for another eyeliner ever since.

Context:
I have Asian eyes with double eyelids, so I think this thicker brush tip looks amazing and dramatic on my kind of almond eye. I watched a video where a reviewer really disliked this eyeliner, and she had the Indo-Aryan deep-set eyes and was more of a beginner at liquid eyeliners so she preferred liners with firmer brush tips to get a thin line for herself. Lineur Intense gives you like a nail polish brush, so you're painting instead of drawing, but I think it allows for a smoother thick stroke, which I really love. It might have taken a bit of practice to get good at this (I don't remember), but now I can easily do a cat eye or super thin flicked corner as well. Happy eyelining!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my HG drugstore everyday liquid eyeliner. Regularly priced for $9 (U.S.) and can be purchased for even less when on sale. I've used this liner on and off for at least 5+ years and I could not be happier with it. I'm a contact lens wearer with dry eyes, and this liner does not sting nor irritate them. It's super easy to use, it comes with a tapered brush instead of felt/marker tips, and lasts at least 8 hours.

This is my all-time favorite eyeliner. I just can't live without it. It never runs or smudges and always looks perfectly natural. I particularly love the very fine brush. It makes it so easy to draw a fine line.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

This is by far the BEST liquid eyeliner I have ever used. I have been using this for the past 6 years, and I absolutely love it!! This eyeliner is bold, precise and long-lasting. I love the felt tip brush, its thin and perfect for a winged-eyeliner look! I would definitely recommend this eyeliner to everyone! Nothing can compare to this.

I like the way the brush works. It lines well . But the inner tube pulls out of outer tube and is a mess. I've had this happen with 3 different liners so there is a definite problem. L'Oreal, please fix this issue .