Oskia Perfect Cleanser

Oskia Perfect Cleanser

PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, GLYCERIN, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, DECYL OLEATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCERYL DIBEHENATE, GLYCERYL COCOATE, TRIBEHENIN, GLYCERYL BEHENATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, COCO GLUCOSIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), AQUA (WATER), CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENZYL ALCOHOL, METHYL SULPHONYL METHANE, ZINC GLYCINE, INULIN, ALPHA-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE, ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL, ROSA CANINA (ROSE HIP) SEED OIL, TOCOPHEROL, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL.

on 7/22/2017 9:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

While this is an alright cleanser, I would by no means call it "perfect". In fact, that is a bit cocky for a product that contains both fragrance and alcohol. I have sensitive skin and am trying to be more conscious of what ingredients are in my skincare products, but even for those who are luckier than I and don't have finicky skin, I would avoid those two ingredients if I could (which, given how common they are, I know is not easy). It really is a shame, because, besides that, it does have quite a few good ingredients that help with nourishing and anti-ageing.

Besides this, it's a "quite good" cleanser. It feels good when first applied - balmy and rich - but personally I do not find that it got milky enough once water was added. I would definitely recommend using some sort of washcloth to take it off, as it definitely leaves behind a film on the skin.

An advantage is that Oskia is cruelty free, so definitely kudos to them for that. However, given how expensive it is and its less than perfect performance, I won't be repurchasing.

on 5/14/2015 11:33:00 PM

Bought this on a whim from Space.NK on a recent trip to Europe. The cold climate had gotten a bit much for my dry/dehydrated Australian skin and the cleanser I'd packed (Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip) had become too drying.

Initial thoughts were that the texture was gorgeous. Lovely emollient-filled balm which spread easily on the skin (better, in fact, than my usual balm cleanser - Nude Omega Jelly) which meant it was great for a good facial massage. Scent was divine as well.

I really like that it contains prebiotics as my skin has a tendency to be acne-prone and the MSM (Methyl Sulphonyl Methane - a sulphur found in living organisms) in it also had a quite nice inflammatory effect - awesome for my slightly sensitised, wind-chapped skin. After using it my skin felt clean, but not stripped, and calm. Continued using this after I got home as a second cleanse and am still really enjoying it despite now being in a more temperate climate.

Overall a really lovely product. Will definitely repurchase if I can find an easily accessible Australian stockist.

on 5/12/2014 4:59:00 AM

At 32.50 for 125ml this cleanser is not cheap - but my oh my is it amazing and worth every single penny!

I'd been a loyal fan of Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish for a decade (didn't deviate once) but decided that the time had come for a change; there wasn't anything particularly wrong - think I was feeling a bit 'meh!'

I decided on Oskia's Perfect Cleanser as it's suitable for all skin types but especially good for dryer skin prone to hormonal breakouts; my skin.

Packed with super ingredients this delicately scented product is thick (balm like) and a little goes a long way. The instructions advise to massage in and then apply a little water - at which point the product turns to a milk, that you then cleanse off (I've been using a muslin cloth).

I've been doing this, twice a day, for a week and am in awe at the difference in my skin. (To be honest I saw a difference after just one use). Part of this may be due to the fact that I'm massaging it in but I'm thinking that this cleanser has made my skin look clearer, brighter, plumped up (fine lines looking less noticeable) and all together more comfortable & much better looking.

I guess that the proof will be when I get to that time of the month when my hormones decide to say hi but for now, this cleanser truly is perfect. I can't recommend it highly enough.

As an aside Oskia seems to be an interesting brand - I'm so hooked on this cleanser that I'm certainly going to try their other products...