Oskia Perfect Cleanser

Oskia Perfect Cleanser

4.2

PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, GLYCERIN, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, DECYL OLEATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCERYL DIBEHENATE, GLYCERYL COCOATE, TRIBEHENIN, GLYCERYL BEHENATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, COCO GLUCOSIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), AQUA (WATER), CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENZYL ALCOHOL, METHYL SULPHONYL METHANE, ZINC GLYCINE, INULIN, ALPHA-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE, ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL, ROSA CANINA (ROSE HIP) SEED OIL, TOCOPHEROL, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL.

on 3/3/2018 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ordered a tube of this and the Renaissance Cleansing Gel from Cult Beauty a couple of months ago as a bit of a splurge. Normally I'm happy with my Body Shop Camomile balm cleanser and some Clarins cleansing milk but I'd always wanted to try Oskia, so I waited until I was out of cleanser and went to town. My skin is essentially normal, slightly oilier in summer and drier in winter, with the odd hormonal spot. So this cleanser seemed like it'd be right up my alley (drier skin with hormonal breakouts).

I love that this balm cleanser is in a tube. Takes up little space and will be good for travel. It comes out fairly easily considering it's a balm and the smell and texture is divine. A little goes a long way which is good because it's pricey. It gets rid of every bit of makeup and just feels luxurious on my skin. Great for a bit of a facial massage as well I've used it as a morning cleanse, first and second cleanse and it performs well in all roles (I do use a face washer though).

I take all the claims about benefits of anti aging and other ingredients with a large grain of salt considering how little time this cleanser (and any cleanser) is on the skin. Certainly this cleanser doesn't irritate my skin or make it worse, but I wouldn't say its performance per se is any better than the Camomile balm cleanser from The Body Shop which is a quarter of the price. At the end of the day it stays on the skin for a minute or two then goes down the drain.

I don't know if I'd repurchase this because it's expensive and my money would probably be better spent on a good serum, but it's a luxury that I'll enjoy for now and we all need a bit of that sometimes.

on 9/28/2017 11:28:00 AM

I tried the Renaissance Cleansing gel and it was "just ok" - it smelled nice, was pretty and i wanted to really love it but it wasn't heavy duty enough for me so I finished it up (which happened by surprise because you can't see how much you've got left in that bulky airtight pump packaging) and then on my next trip to Space NK I purchased this.

I really really like this - it's got the same smell, which I love and yet its a much thicker, oilier and balmy consistency, it removes more makeup and is easier to massage into the skin - it really feels like it's doing something. I even leave it on while i brush my teeth. I don't tend to use it on my eyes too much because it actually comes out grainy to start with.

Whether you rinse it off or wipe it off with a cloth it's equally as nice and the packaging is super nice - you can see what you've got left, you can travel with it and it's not too bulky (a lot of the cleansers i love like Emma Hardie are jar based which is annoying to travel with). All in all... Love this, very pleased to have found it and love Oskia as a brand, so it's a repurchase for me.

EDIT: I'm nearly out of this and since I stopped using it to conserve my sparse remnants I've had some awful spots show up on my chin. I really believe that the MSM in this helps to reduce spots which I never found to be the case with the Renaissance cleansing gel but this Perfect Cleanser is my current HG cleanser. Absolutely love it.

on 7/22/2017 9:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

While this is an alright cleanser, I would by no means call it "perfect". In fact, that is a bit cocky for a product that contains both fragrance and alcohol. I have sensitive skin and am trying to be more conscious of what ingredients are in my skincare products, but even for those who are luckier than I and don't have finicky skin, I would avoid those two ingredients if I could (which, given how common they are, I know is not easy). It really is a shame, because, besides that, it does have quite a few good ingredients that help with nourishing and anti-ageing.

Besides this, it's a "quite good" cleanser. It feels good when first applied - balmy and rich - but personally I do not find that it got milky enough once water was added. I would definitely recommend using some sort of washcloth to take it off, as it definitely leaves behind a film on the skin.

An advantage is that Oskia is cruelty free, so definitely kudos to them for that. However, given how expensive it is and its less than perfect performance, I won't be repurchasing.

on 5/14/2015 11:33:00 PM

Bought this on a whim from Space.NK on a recent trip to Europe. The cold climate had gotten a bit much for my dry/dehydrated Australian skin and the cleanser I'd packed (Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip) had become too drying.

Initial thoughts were that the texture was gorgeous. Lovely emollient-filled balm which spread easily on the skin (better, in fact, than my usual balm cleanser - Nude Omega Jelly) which meant it was great for a good facial massage. Scent was divine as well.

I really like that it contains prebiotics as my skin has a tendency to be acne-prone and the MSM (Methyl Sulphonyl Methane - a sulphur found in living organisms) in it also had a quite nice inflammatory effect - awesome for my slightly sensitised, wind-chapped skin. After using it my skin felt clean, but not stripped, and calm. Continued using this after I got home as a second cleanse and am still really enjoying it despite now being in a more temperate climate.

Overall a really lovely product. Will definitely repurchase if I can find an easily accessible Australian stockist.

on 5/12/2014 4:59:00 AM

At 32.50 for 125ml this cleanser is not cheap - but my oh my is it amazing and worth every single penny!

I'd been a loyal fan of Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish for a decade (didn't deviate once) but decided that the time had come for a change; there wasn't anything particularly wrong - think I was feeling a bit 'meh!'

I decided on Oskia's Perfect Cleanser as it's suitable for all skin types but especially good for dryer skin prone to hormonal breakouts; my skin.

Packed with super ingredients this delicately scented product is thick (balm like) and a little goes a long way. The instructions advise to massage in and then apply a little water - at which point the product turns to a milk, that you then cleanse off (I've been using a muslin cloth).

I've been doing this, twice a day, for a week and am in awe at the difference in my skin. (To be honest I saw a difference after just one use). Part of this may be due to the fact that I'm massaging it in but I'm thinking that this cleanser has made my skin look clearer, brighter, plumped up (fine lines looking less noticeable) and all together more comfortable & much better looking.

I guess that the proof will be when I get to that time of the month when my hormones decide to say hi but for now, this cleanser truly is perfect. I can't recommend it highly enough.

As an aside Oskia seems to be an interesting brand - I'm so hooked on this cleanser that I'm certainly going to try their other products...