Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

3.8

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only powder I will ever use: I have dry skin and anything containing powder is my worst enemy: blushes, powder highlighters etc. I always try to use cream products. However, because I use so many oil based moisturising products under my foundation, my makeup inevitably tends to look oily at the end of the day. That's where this baby comes in handy: it gets rid of shine, oil and excess sebum. And that's literally it! It doesn't add coverage, it doesn't try to be anything it's not: it just removes shine. Light as a feather, this stuff is sooooo beautifully weightless: I mean TRULY weightless - it feels like you are wearing nothing. It is absolutely perfect for someone like me. I have tons of dry patches and anything powder based clings to them horribly. My nose and chin are dry, yet magically tend to get shiny and I hate it. I never bought a powder until I discovered this. If you have dry or mature skin and need something that gets rid of shine and mattifies and makes you look flawless without drying or emphasizing dry patches then this is it. I adore this stuff. Pricey but it lasts forever.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this powder because my friend had recommended it. It is quite sheer and is good for setting any foundation. It also gives a matte look and keeps my face oil free for a couple of hours. Though it is expensive, you really do get good quantity. I have this in transparency 3.

Two things that I really hate about it are the brush and the packaging. The brush is absolutely rubbish, it is too small, the bristles aren't very soft and it sheds all over my clothes!!! And the shedding started right from the first usage.
The packaging too could be improved. You have to really take care not to tilt the box or turn it upside down otherwise when you open it, you get loads of powder all over your hands and clothes. And because of this very reason, you can't travel with it.

I don't think I would repurchase this coz I still have more than half the box left. And by the time it gets used up, I'm sure I will get bored with it and would want to buy something else.

on 8/27/2011 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in Invisible Blend, which blends into my Indian skin well, but can look ashy and gray if applied heavily. I use this with concealer for an easy, shine-free look. Although it's expensive, the package contains a lot, and lasts a long time.

Pros: Large amount, blends easily, doesn't break me out.
Cons: I don't use the brush with this powder, but the brush works in a travel bag.

*Edit: I didn't even make it through one container, I gave it to a friend. It set my makeup, but since it didn't have color, I didn't use it often. Stay Matte powder is much more convenient for my purposes.

on 1/7/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

I have had this powder for a while but have used it only a few times. Only recently I started using this everyday and I noticed I was getting clogged pores on my forehead where I am usually clear. Well I think this powder is to be blamed. I checked the ingredients and it has isopropyl Myristate which is rated 5 (worst) for comodogencity on acne detective site.
Also it doesn't state on the powder that it is oil free and non-comodogenic. I like that this powder can blur pores and feels nice on. But unfortunately I can't use it now.

INGREDIENTS: talc - zinc stearate - magnesium carbonate - kaolin - squalane - isopropyl myristate - trisodium edta - potassium sorbate - methylparaben - butylparaben - propylparaben - [ (may contain) titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - mica - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 777163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - carmine (ci 75470) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]