Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

3.7

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

on 8/5/2014 5:08:00 PM

A bit pricey, but there is a LOT of powder in there! Bought this last week, and it is wonderful! Invisible 20 is perfect if your skin has a yellow hue.

on 7/15/2014 2:47:00 PM

I am on my second one of these. It works as well as any other decent face powder except you get a lot more for your money compared with other brands, I really like the packaging, helps keep that pesky fine powder from being blown all over your dressing table. The brush it comes with is useless, but a handy hand bag size (not that its ever been in mine) if you use too much you will look chalky, but used in the right way it sets make up beautify and I find I don't really need to touch it up though the day (unless im going out after work and I want to look perfect). The invisible blend is good, it doesn't change the look of my foundation. Over all really happy and would buy again.

on 1/27/2014 3:23:00 PM

I've had a sample of this sitting in the back of my drawer for years, and today I finally used it.
I don't want to sound too eager, but this stuff is AMAZING. I have combination skin, and my makeup usually melts off after a couple of hours- which sucks. I also hate the chalky, clogging sensation of powders.
I used a RT expert face brush and dipped it lightly in the powder and pressed it on my tzone and chin (avoided my cheeks where I have large pores). After being out for 4 hours and spending another 2 at the gym, my face still wasn't oily! It had a slight sheen, but considering I had worked out, and considering what it usually looks like by that point, I'm very impressed. Really really good.
I only gave it 4 lippies because this is a first impression, so perhaps I just had a good skin day. If anything changes I will update!

In general, Clinique's blended face powder is a very good product at a reasonable price point.

HOWEVER....

Be warned about Invisble #20. ICK! Made my face look grey, dull and ashen. Seriously, I had a glow after putting on my foundation, then put on the Invisible blend and looked like I had a face a dried dead skin.

Also, the powder is NOT invisble, has a definite grey-brown color. UGLY.

I am not using transparency #2 and it's lovely.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product together with Clinique tinted moisturiser, so that I could cover up my shiny areas when I need more perfection rather than a natural look.
I don't have a oily skin (in fact I have a dry skin) that needs lots of blotting / refreshing. My nose however tends to get a little bit shiny and that's when the powder comes in. It only keeps shine at bay for two or three hours though...
It has a nice colour (03 transparency) that blends very well in to your natural complexion. You have to be careful not to apply too much because it tends to be greyish in the sunshine when it builds up.
I know the packaging is mostly the same for all loose powders out in the market, but I'd prefer a little more compactness. Powders are supposed to be for touch-ups after all, what's the point of a powder you cant throw in your bag when leaving home?
It's a decent product with no flaws but does no special job either. I'd like to discover some other product once this is finished.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

the reason why i rated it low was becaues

PRICE: $27 for this FREAKIN JAR! wow, i know there's a lot in there, but that's just ridiculous

Packing: when i open it, dust of colors come out-- i dont want to stain or get powder on my clothes-- so i have to becareful and open it slowly or open over a sink

coverage: pretty good, it controls oil --- but beware, it has talc, mica, bismuth oxychloride, titanium dioxide which is all bad for you i believe

I have been using this powder quite a bit lately and am very happy with it. It blends easily, sets foundation well, and lasts a long time. I do usually have to reapply once throughout the day to keep the shine away, but overall does a good job.

on 10/7/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have this in Transparency 4. It's a good color match for my med. beige complexion. The powder is finely milled and disappears upon application. Takes away shine but doesn't keep it away. The packaging is nice but the brush isn't usable.

When I first bought this powder, i was so excited! i bought it in the "invisible blend" shade. as soon as i put it on, it looked great...then i looked closer in the mirror and noticed all of these visible flakes of skin. mind you, i use plenty of moisturizer to keep the "flakies" away...but it showed so many dry flakes that i didnt even know i had on my face! if it werent for that, though, it would be the perfect loose powder...so i would only recommend this product to people who dont have ANY dry skin, because it accentuates the dry areas up-close.

on 3/13/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this after reading all the good stuff about it here on MUA. For me this is a pure 2 going for a 3, it is ok, but I'm not going to get it again. It is just not for me.
I wanted something that would matte down my face, and control oil and shine, and this doesn't really do that for me, to some degree yes but not as much as I wanted.
It does absorb some of my oiliness and reduce shine, but I still glow too much after.
So for dryer skintypes this in a find. Or if you use mineralmakeup and like that glow, try this. I don't really use it, if I do, I use it around my eyes, great for that, doesn't make me look dry and wrinked around the eyearea.
I have it in Transparency 3, that is a yellowish powder. Doesn't give any cover and goes on sheer with maybe a hint of color.
INCI: Talc, zinc stearate, magnesium carbonate, kaolin, squalane, isopropyl myristate, trisodium edta, potassium sorbate, methylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), ultramarines (CI 77007), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510).