Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

3.9

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolute holy grail of powder. I really bake this on with a powder puff and dust off the excess and it guarantees to keep my oily skin matte all day. I've tried a LOT and nothing beats this. No need for blotting throughout the day. Fantastic product.

on 9/15/2015 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I don't know why but first thing that comes to mind about this product is boring.. This is my second one I've purchased and I think the price is okay cause you get a ton of product compared to many other loose powders but I rarely reach for it anymore. Doesn't keep my face matte so I use this on the non-oily areas of my face and it works fine to set my foundation, but if I remember correctly they sell this as a translucent powder and I must say I disagree. It has a tint to it and I find it makes my skin look somehow dull.. I don't even know but anyway there are better ones to try out.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only powder I will ever use: I have dry skin and anything containing powder is my worst enemy: blushes, powder highlighters etc. I always try to use cream products. However, because I use so many oil based moisturising products under my foundation, my makeup inevitably tends to look oily at the end of the day. That's where this baby comes in handy: it gets rid of shine, oil and excess sebum. And that's literally it! It doesn't add coverage, it doesn't try to be anything it's not: it just removes shine. Light as a feather, this stuff is sooooo beautifully weightless: I mean TRULY weightless - it feels like you are wearing nothing. It is absolutely perfect for someone like me. I have tons of dry patches and anything powder based clings to them horribly. My nose and chin are dry, yet magically tend to get shiny and I hate it. I never bought a powder until I discovered this. If you have dry or mature skin and need something that gets rid of shine and mattifies and makes you look flawless without drying or emphasizing dry patches then this is it. I adore this stuff. Pricey but it lasts forever.

on 11/30/2013 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this at the Duty-free store on my way to Buffalo for I believe $27. I've had this product for over a year and I'm not even half way done using it despite using it everyday on top of my foundation. It is literally the container of never ending powder (and I am completely okay with that!). I really dislike the brush, so I use e.l.f.'s Studio Complexion Brush instead.
This powder matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't make my makeup look too caked-on. It's light weight, stays on nicely throughout the day and isn't a struggle to remove. Aside from the brush (which isn't even worth complaining about), I literally don't have a single complaint about this product :)

on 6/30/2013 5:24:00 PM

Summary:

I recommend this powder In the 'invisible blend' for people with medium to very dark skin shades who are willing to reapply powder to oily areas throughout the day more often than usual and who desire a glow from their powder to combat dullness of dry skin.

Detailed review:

I bought this powder in the 'invisible blend' and can safely say this is NOT invisible at all.

As someone with very very fair skin I needed a translucent powder and decided to order this based on the image Clinique provide on their (UK) website, which shows an off white powder (the same colour shown for other brands displaying real translucent powders), as there were few to no images of this powder in use on the internet, especially on pale people. I am deducting a star for this misleading information provided by Clinique as it can really put people off ordering from them and I've also found their foundation swatches/descriptions to be terrible too. In the pot this looks a light neutral-yellow, so despite the shock of finding it to be coloured I assumed it would still work as i have used the Corn Silk loose powder before, which looks the same colour but applies adequately clear (but not perfectly so), however this is not the case for the Clinique powder. This leaves a dirty uneven look on my skin, and the uneveness suggests this is not as suited for dry skin as i have deduced from other reviews. I am also deducting a star because after seeing all the other shades in person, there is no powder light enough or truly translucent for pale skin shades in this range.

I have very dry/ very oily combination skin and wanted a powder that would cling to dry patches less than my current clingy loose powder (Illamasqua) and decided to favour a glowy finish instead of super mattifying qualities.This powder does cling less to actual flakiness than a lot of powders but its pigment 'collects' on drier areas, leaving the uneven/ dirty look i mentioned but i believe this will not be noticeable at all on a medium to very dark skin shades. I assume the pigment in this powder would also prevent ashyness on darker skin but i cannot say this out of personal experience. It keeps oily shine at bay well but needs reapplication every 4ish hours, 2 hours less than your average mattifying powder but this is the sacrifice for the lovely glow this powder provides.

A great positive is the value of this product, only £20 for 35 grams, bargain!!!

Despite the colour mistake i will keep this as way to warm my pastey skin from the neck down as it provides a natural slight tan for me in the summer, a good way to prevent a ghostly glow in holiday photos :L.

on 8/28/2012 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

OMG!! I love this product so much! I live in Canada its kind of expensive here ($27.00), but when I went to the states the lady at the counter showed me this so I thought I would give it a try. I have horrible skin and over my foundation this makes my skin look amazing. I Will never buy a different face powder again :)

The only con I would have to say would be the packaging. if your not careful the powder (because its loose) will fly everywhere, but personally I can get over that :D

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I heard great reviews about the powder on here only to be disappointed.

I'm incredibly fair with auburn hair and blue eyes. My skin is generally clear and spot free, but I've got combination skin and an uneven skin tone. I generally use transluscent powders and after my previous No7 Loose Powder had run out I thought it was high time I had a change.

How I regret spending that 20.

I got it in 20 Invisable Blend - the lady assured me that it was transluscent and wouldn't add any colour to my pale, cool toned face.

I tried some, and it felt wonderful, so silky and light. Bought it immediately.

However, in the literal light of day the powder is a horrid beige-orange and just clags up my skin. I'm now stuck with 20 worth of powder I can't use as it's too dark for my skin.

It's NOT invisable, and does not blend. Very disappointed.

on 2/2/2011 7:31:00 AM

I have to agree with LailaE regarding the Invisible Blend 20 (for which I had a sample pot) : it IS very coloured - a horrible muddy grey yellow which ages me terribly and makes my skin look old and wrinkly.

Having said that I have been using this powder for years and love it BUT I am getting very worried as the colour change in the range may mean I can't get the right tone for my pale Celtic colouring. I am still using a blend (which I do myself) of pots 08 Transparency Neutral (very pale) and 03 Transaparency 3 (my version of a tan) and it really makes my skin come alive. If the new colours (when I eventually have to repurchase) don't allow me to get that result anymore (over more than 15 yrs faithful service) I'm going to be incredibly annoyed with Clinique. They've already taken my favourite base (Clarifying Makeup) away and my favourite liner and shadow (Quickeyes) if they take this too..well..it will be handbags!!!

on 6/10/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this powder in Transparency 3(as the sales lady made me) and I found it too dark and yellow for my skin.I have more pink undertones and so I returned it for transarency neutral and love it.Matches my paler skin much better and leaves your skin so soft and shine free. I only wear concealer then this over and its ok for everyday look.

on 6/1/2010 8:57:00 AM

I love this powder. It keeps me matte all day and evens out my skin tone. There was no smell to it and it is very easy to blend.