Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

3.9

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

on 5/9/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My default loose powder is Bobbi Brown's but I repurchased Clinique's Invisible Blend loose powder today having been tempted by a GWP (which is how I first tried this product).
On a cost comparison, you get a huge amount of powder for the price (35g compared to BB's 6g).
Performance wise, this is a finely milled powder and a very small amount is needed to set makeup and take down shine. I think it's too much to expect a powder to keep you shine free all day, so this works just as well as any other.
From other reviews it seems that Invisible Blend is not best suited to lighter skin tones but works very well with darker ones like mine. Applying too much can give an ashen tone though, so if using with a powder puff then you might need to brush off the excess. I've just lightly buffed some over my face using my MAC brush 109, which is a small headed brush recommended by MAC for applying powder foundation, and it's given a truly invisible matte finish to my face. I find the small headed brush gives greater control for applying loose powder than a "powder" brush - and it doesn't fly off the brush onto your shoulder!
I'd tried Clinique's loose powders many years ago but the shades were a little too pink for me. Invisible Blend is a great fit for my olive-tan yellow toned skin.

I love the natural, semi-matte finish - it was always my HG loose powder in my 20s and 30s. I hadn't planned on repurchasing as my skin seemed to be getting drier as I'm getting older but it was just winter dehydration of my normally oily/combo skin. You get heaps for your money with Clinique powders and the Transparency 3 shade has always suited my Winter/Spring NC25-30 complexion, plus it's relatively neutral. The Invisible Blend 20 is more adaptable so suits me all year round though it does not mattify. Invisible Blend 20 is also more yellow and I think would look ashy on tan, truly olive or darker complexions. With both, you also get a handy little brush that is ideal for touch-ups and getting into little nooks and crannies - it's not sold as a substitute for a proper powder brush. I have a powder fetish so I'm still working my way through a jar but I fear it's going to be with me for a few more years! I would definitely re-purchase in the future but will stick to Transparency - maybe no. 4 next time?

on 6/30/2013 5:24:00 PM

Summary:

I recommend this powder In the 'invisible blend' for people with medium to very dark skin shades who are willing to reapply powder to oily areas throughout the day more often than usual and who desire a glow from their powder to combat dullness of dry skin.

Detailed review:

I bought this powder in the 'invisible blend' and can safely say this is NOT invisible at all.

As someone with very very fair skin I needed a translucent powder and decided to order this based on the image Clinique provide on their (UK) website, which shows an off white powder (the same colour shown for other brands displaying real translucent powders), as there were few to no images of this powder in use on the internet, especially on pale people. I am deducting a star for this misleading information provided by Clinique as it can really put people off ordering from them and I've also found their foundation swatches/descriptions to be terrible too. In the pot this looks a light neutral-yellow, so despite the shock of finding it to be coloured I assumed it would still work as i have used the Corn Silk loose powder before, which looks the same colour but applies adequately clear (but not perfectly so), however this is not the case for the Clinique powder. This leaves a dirty uneven look on my skin, and the uneveness suggests this is not as suited for dry skin as i have deduced from other reviews. I am also deducting a star because after seeing all the other shades in person, there is no powder light enough or truly translucent for pale skin shades in this range.

I have very dry/ very oily combination skin and wanted a powder that would cling to dry patches less than my current clingy loose powder (Illamasqua) and decided to favour a glowy finish instead of super mattifying qualities.This powder does cling less to actual flakiness than a lot of powders but its pigment 'collects' on drier areas, leaving the uneven/ dirty look i mentioned but i believe this will not be noticeable at all on a medium to very dark skin shades. I assume the pigment in this powder would also prevent ashyness on darker skin but i cannot say this out of personal experience. It keeps oily shine at bay well but needs reapplication every 4ish hours, 2 hours less than your average mattifying powder but this is the sacrifice for the lovely glow this powder provides.

A great positive is the value of this product, only £20 for 35 grams, bargain!!!

Despite the colour mistake i will keep this as way to warm my pastey skin from the neck down as it provides a natural slight tan for me in the summer, a good way to prevent a ghostly glow in holiday photos :L.

on 8/21/2012 12:33:00 PM

I love this powder! I put it on over my foundation in the morning and it keeps my oily-combination skin shine-free for hours - no touch-ups required. The little brush that comes with it is pretty useless, though, so I always use a big, fluffy powder brush instead.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this powder because my friend had recommended it. It is quite sheer and is good for setting any foundation. It also gives a matte look and keeps my face oil free for a couple of hours. Though it is expensive, you really do get good quantity. I have this in transparency 3.

Two things that I really hate about it are the brush and the packaging. The brush is absolutely rubbish, it is too small, the bristles aren't very soft and it sheds all over my clothes!!! And the shedding started right from the first usage.
The packaging too could be improved. You have to really take care not to tilt the box or turn it upside down otherwise when you open it, you get loads of powder all over your hands and clothes. And because of this very reason, you can't travel with it.

I don't think I would repurchase this coz I still have more than half the box left. And by the time it gets used up, I'm sure I will get bored with it and would want to buy something else.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product together with Clinique tinted moisturiser, so that I could cover up my shiny areas when I need more perfection rather than a natural look.
I don't have a oily skin (in fact I have a dry skin) that needs lots of blotting / refreshing. My nose however tends to get a little bit shiny and that's when the powder comes in. It only keeps shine at bay for two or three hours though...
It has a nice colour (03 transparency) that blends very well in to your natural complexion. You have to be careful not to apply too much because it tends to be greyish in the sunshine when it builds up.
I know the packaging is mostly the same for all loose powders out in the market, but I'd prefer a little more compactness. Powders are supposed to be for touch-ups after all, what's the point of a powder you cant throw in your bag when leaving home?
It's a decent product with no flaws but does no special job either. I'd like to discover some other product once this is finished.

on 1/18/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have fair olive skin and it's usually IMPOSSIBLE for me to find anything that doesn't look orange, pink or muddy on my skin by lunch time. I have purchased and returned so many products because of this.This stuff (20 translucent) looks different - almost gray in the jar. At noon I looked in the mirror there were no jaw line color differences, no puddles, nothing!

I don't know how it would work with foundation because I just used concleaer under my eyes and on some scars and wore this over it. I just look like I have awesome matte, but not not overly dry, skin. My new HG.

Highly recommended, especially for those that have trouble finding a match for olive or yellow skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I heard great reviews about the powder on here only to be disappointed.

I'm incredibly fair with auburn hair and blue eyes. My skin is generally clear and spot free, but I've got combination skin and an uneven skin tone. I generally use transluscent powders and after my previous No7 Loose Powder had run out I thought it was high time I had a change.

How I regret spending that 20.

I got it in 20 Invisable Blend - the lady assured me that it was transluscent and wouldn't add any colour to my pale, cool toned face.

I tried some, and it felt wonderful, so silky and light. Bought it immediately.

However, in the literal light of day the powder is a horrid beige-orange and just clags up my skin. I'm now stuck with 20 worth of powder I can't use as it's too dark for my skin.

It's NOT invisable, and does not blend. Very disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this when I went to Sephora looking for a new loose powder. The lady that helped me reccomended Transparency 3. This turned out to be a GREAT match for my skin color. The powder itself goes on smoothly and doesn't look chalky - just very natural. However, the brush that it comes with is terrible - hence the one lippie off, because I wish the brush was better! but that's okay, I just apply it with my powder puff instead. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this powder years ago in Transparency 3. However, I realized number 8 is really best for my skin & blends so naturally it looks like it's my own. It really IS my HG. I'm 51. Never used liq foundation, have clear skin, but want to fine-tune it. It really gives a beautiful finish. I love this powder. Perfection. The brush however.. too small.