Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

3.9

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this when I went to Sephora looking for a new loose powder. The lady that helped me reccomended Transparency 3. This turned out to be a GREAT match for my skin color. The powder itself goes on smoothly and doesn't look chalky - just very natural. However, the brush that it comes with is terrible - hence the one lippie off, because I wish the brush was better! but that's okay, I just apply it with my powder puff instead. :)

on 8/27/2011 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in Invisible Blend, which blends into my Indian skin well, but can look ashy and gray if applied heavily. I use this with concealer for an easy, shine-free look. Although it's expensive, the package contains a lot, and lasts a long time.

Pros: Large amount, blends easily, doesn't break me out.
Cons: I don't use the brush with this powder, but the brush works in a travel bag.

*Edit: I didn't even make it through one container, I gave it to a friend. It set my makeup, but since it didn't have color, I didn't use it often. Stay Matte powder is much more convenient for my purposes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is just average for me. not the best powder but not the worst. I like how it has some tint to it but it gets oily on me way to fast! if this had the staying powder of mineral veil, this would be a miracle ahha. but sadly it's just avg for me. my mom swears buy this stuff but her skin isn't as oily as mine.

on 3/13/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this after reading all the good stuff about it here on MUA. For me this is a pure 2 going for a 3, it is ok, but I'm not going to get it again. It is just not for me.
I wanted something that would matte down my face, and control oil and shine, and this doesn't really do that for me, to some degree yes but not as much as I wanted.
It does absorb some of my oiliness and reduce shine, but I still glow too much after.
So for dryer skintypes this in a find. Or if you use mineralmakeup and like that glow, try this. I don't really use it, if I do, I use it around my eyes, great for that, doesn't make me look dry and wrinked around the eyearea.
I have it in Transparency 3, that is a yellowish powder. Doesn't give any cover and goes on sheer with maybe a hint of color.
INCI: Talc, zinc stearate, magnesium carbonate, kaolin, squalane, isopropyl myristate, trisodium edta, potassium sorbate, methylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), ultramarines (CI 77007), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WOW, this is the only powder able to control my oily skin for more than 4 hours without giving my face a overpowdery sickening look: it makes my skin soft and silky.
I'm using it w/o foundation after my Olay moisturizer and the effect is awesome. I haven't feel such a pleasure in touching my face in years (sure, I don't keep touching it all the time lol)
For those reviewers that compare it with NYC translucent: I've try the two of them side by side, this one renders my skin soft and young looking; the NYC has more tendency to cake and when I look closer my skin looks line-y and dead, like 10 years older. Besides, the staying and oil controlling power of this Clinique product is awesome, or at least it is working great for me.
I'd have taken a lippie off because of the price, but since the package is 35g it'll last me till the next gift time @ The Bay or Sears, then I'll get some extra good stuff :)

on 12/14/2006 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I seem to come back to this powder every few years. It provides a matte coverage over foundation. I do reapply or blot the oil about midday. But that's my oily skin, not the powder. I don't really expect a powder to keep MY oily skin matte all day long. The price of this powder is affordable and I like that the package has a screw lid. A container lasts a very long time, even with daily use.

on 10/10/2006 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It was my first loose powder, and I still have it after 2 and a half years. A HG from Clinique, much better than the Clinique pressed powders. I have the Transparency 3 which is a perfect match for my NC20 skintone. It's very good for oily skins and for sensitive too like mine! It will last you for years!

on 8/1/2006 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this powder on and off for years--in my view Clinique really did set the standard for loose powder all those years back with the whole "powder wash" ads. I credit Clinique for really making loose powder a beauty staple and establishing market acceptance for it. Anyway, on to my review. I think this is just an average powder. It seems to blend in well, do what a powder is supposed to do, and not look chalky or made-up. That said, there are soooo many powders out there now with a much nicer texture and a more natural finish. I do like it better than drugstore versions, but not that much better. I think loose powder is worth paying a bit extra for a notch above in quality since it lasts so long and is so important as a base for the rest of your makeup. Sorry, Clinique, I think I will no longer purchase this again, unless the formulation is updated to modern standards.

on 6/3/2006 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a wonderful loose powder! I agree that it would probably not be best for those with really oily skin. But if you're like me and have normal to slightly oily skin or if you have combination skin then this powder works great! It is so finely ground and feels light and silky smooth. It feels better than any other powder I've ever used. The color I use is Transparency Neutral. This color is so soft and truly neutral without being white. I use it after I apply my foundation and it helps set it and gives such a nice finish. I find that it doesn't seem to add any color to my foundation. It just makes the final finish on my face so nice. This is the best loose powder I have EVER used. It is wonderful!

on 3/29/2006 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this powder....I wash my face with it after I put on foundation. I literally take the powder with my fingers and rub it all over to set my foundation, and then brush off the excess. It sets so nice and wears so natural. I have tried other powdersm But I like the texture of this one. It's a decent price, and for mow this is the one I love and have for 10 years.