Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

3.9

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

on 9/15/2015 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I don't know why but first thing that comes to mind about this product is boring.. This is my second one I've purchased and I think the price is okay cause you get a ton of product compared to many other loose powders but I rarely reach for it anymore. Doesn't keep my face matte so I use this on the non-oily areas of my face and it works fine to set my foundation, but if I remember correctly they sell this as a translucent powder and I must say I disagree. It has a tint to it and I find it makes my skin look somehow dull.. I don't even know but anyway there are better ones to try out.

on 4/15/2015 4:15:00 PM

I got this in translucent 3. It was a wrong colour which is my fault. However, the quality of the powder itself wasn't great. It was not luminous nor made my skin look great and flawless either nor long lasting. I used this to set my foundation underneath. This would be at the bottom among the list of the loose powder I have used. You have to use a lot to set foundation and, the powder isn't really finely milled so it kinda makes your skin look rough. The brush that comes with this powder is of low quality too and not suitable to apply powder. Fortunately this did not break me out nor had annoying fragrance though. I still wouldn't repurchase because there are so many better powder than this. Despite its poor quality, it was very expensive in Asia, almost over 40 bucks or more.

on 8/5/2014 5:08:00 PM

A bit pricey, but there is a LOT of powder in there! Bought this last week, and it is wonderful! Invisible 20 is perfect if your skin has a yellow hue.

on 7/15/2014 2:47:00 PM

I am on my second one of these. It works as well as any other decent face powder except you get a lot more for your money compared with other brands, I really like the packaging, helps keep that pesky fine powder from being blown all over your dressing table. The brush it comes with is useless, but a handy hand bag size (not that its ever been in mine) if you use too much you will look chalky, but used in the right way it sets make up beautify and I find I don't really need to touch it up though the day (unless im going out after work and I want to look perfect). The invisible blend is good, it doesn't change the look of my foundation. Over all really happy and would buy again.

on 1/27/2014 3:23:00 PM

I've had a sample of this sitting in the back of my drawer for years, and today I finally used it.
I don't want to sound too eager, but this stuff is AMAZING. I have combination skin, and my makeup usually melts off after a couple of hours- which sucks. I also hate the chalky, clogging sensation of powders.
I used a RT expert face brush and dipped it lightly in the powder and pressed it on my tzone and chin (avoided my cheeks where I have large pores). After being out for 4 hours and spending another 2 at the gym, my face still wasn't oily! It had a slight sheen, but considering I had worked out, and considering what it usually looks like by that point, I'm very impressed. Really really good.
I only gave it 4 lippies because this is a first impression, so perhaps I just had a good skin day. If anything changes I will update!

I love the natural, semi-matte finish - it was always my HG loose powder in my 20s and 30s. I hadn't planned on repurchasing as my skin seemed to be getting drier as I'm getting older but it was just winter dehydration of my normally oily/combo skin. You get heaps for your money with Clinique powders and the Transparency 3 shade has always suited my Winter/Spring NC25-30 complexion, plus it's relatively neutral. The Invisible Blend 20 is more adaptable so suits me all year round though it does not mattify. Invisible Blend 20 is also more yellow and I think would look ashy on tan, truly olive or darker complexions. With both, you also get a handy little brush that is ideal for touch-ups and getting into little nooks and crannies - it's not sold as a substitute for a proper powder brush. I have a powder fetish so I'm still working my way through a jar but I fear it's going to be with me for a few more years! I would definitely re-purchase in the future but will stick to Transparency - maybe no. 4 next time?

on 6/30/2013 5:24:00 PM

Summary:

I recommend this powder In the 'invisible blend' for people with medium to very dark skin shades who are willing to reapply powder to oily areas throughout the day more often than usual and who desire a glow from their powder to combat dullness of dry skin.

Detailed review:

I bought this powder in the 'invisible blend' and can safely say this is NOT invisible at all.

As someone with very very fair skin I needed a translucent powder and decided to order this based on the image Clinique provide on their (UK) website, which shows an off white powder (the same colour shown for other brands displaying real translucent powders), as there were few to no images of this powder in use on the internet, especially on pale people. I am deducting a star for this misleading information provided by Clinique as it can really put people off ordering from them and I've also found their foundation swatches/descriptions to be terrible too. In the pot this looks a light neutral-yellow, so despite the shock of finding it to be coloured I assumed it would still work as i have used the Corn Silk loose powder before, which looks the same colour but applies adequately clear (but not perfectly so), however this is not the case for the Clinique powder. This leaves a dirty uneven look on my skin, and the uneveness suggests this is not as suited for dry skin as i have deduced from other reviews. I am also deducting a star because after seeing all the other shades in person, there is no powder light enough or truly translucent for pale skin shades in this range.

I have very dry/ very oily combination skin and wanted a powder that would cling to dry patches less than my current clingy loose powder (Illamasqua) and decided to favour a glowy finish instead of super mattifying qualities.This powder does cling less to actual flakiness than a lot of powders but its pigment 'collects' on drier areas, leaving the uneven/ dirty look i mentioned but i believe this will not be noticeable at all on a medium to very dark skin shades. I assume the pigment in this powder would also prevent ashyness on darker skin but i cannot say this out of personal experience. It keeps oily shine at bay well but needs reapplication every 4ish hours, 2 hours less than your average mattifying powder but this is the sacrifice for the lovely glow this powder provides.

A great positive is the value of this product, only £20 for 35 grams, bargain!!!

Despite the colour mistake i will keep this as way to warm my pastey skin from the neck down as it provides a natural slight tan for me in the summer, a good way to prevent a ghostly glow in holiday photos :L.

on 5/9/2013 12:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I started using this a week ago and can noticeably see the difference in the finish of my base. Does mattify shiny areas pretty well, and is very light and nicely milled so doesn't go on cakey. I was using the Collagenic Mineral Loose Powder by The Face Shop before and I felt that was a little too light in tone and doesn't blend well.

The little brush it comes with is a nice little add on to keep in my make-up bag, but not very practical for actual loose powder application. Bristles are a little too stiff and scratchy!

Packaging wise - it's definitely something you leave on your vanity counter rather than bring with you coz the powder will just go everywhere. I much prefer using a pressed powder for on-the-go touch ups.

Very reasonably priced, lots of product (a little goes a long way!) and this is a definite repurchase. Just make sure to test out all the shades to find one that suits you!

on 8/21/2012 12:33:00 PM

I love this powder! I put it on over my foundation in the morning and it keeps my oily-combination skin shine-free for hours - no touch-ups required. The little brush that comes with it is pretty useless, though, so I always use a big, fluffy powder brush instead.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this powder because my friend had recommended it. It is quite sheer and is good for setting any foundation. It also gives a matte look and keeps my face oil free for a couple of hours. Though it is expensive, you really do get good quantity. I have this in transparency 3.

Two things that I really hate about it are the brush and the packaging. The brush is absolutely rubbish, it is too small, the bristles aren't very soft and it sheds all over my clothes!!! And the shedding started right from the first usage.
The packaging too could be improved. You have to really take care not to tilt the box or turn it upside down otherwise when you open it, you get loads of powder all over your hands and clothes. And because of this very reason, you can't travel with it.

I don't think I would repurchase this coz I still have more than half the box left. And by the time it gets used up, I'm sure I will get bored with it and would want to buy something else.