Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

3.8

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

on 9/15/2015 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I don't know why but first thing that comes to mind about this product is boring.. This is my second one I've purchased and I think the price is okay cause you get a ton of product compared to many other loose powders but I rarely reach for it anymore. Doesn't keep my face matte so I use this on the non-oily areas of my face and it works fine to set my foundation, but if I remember correctly they sell this as a translucent powder and I must say I disagree. It has a tint to it and I find it makes my skin look somehow dull.. I don't even know but anyway there are better ones to try out.

on 7/15/2014 2:47:00 PM

I am on my second one of these. It works as well as any other decent face powder except you get a lot more for your money compared with other brands, I really like the packaging, helps keep that pesky fine powder from being blown all over your dressing table. The brush it comes with is useless, but a handy hand bag size (not that its ever been in mine) if you use too much you will look chalky, but used in the right way it sets make up beautify and I find I don't really need to touch it up though the day (unless im going out after work and I want to look perfect). The invisible blend is good, it doesn't change the look of my foundation. Over all really happy and would buy again.

on 11/30/2013 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this at the Duty-free store on my way to Buffalo for I believe $27. I've had this product for over a year and I'm not even half way done using it despite using it everyday on top of my foundation. It is literally the container of never ending powder (and I am completely okay with that!). I really dislike the brush, so I use e.l.f.'s Studio Complexion Brush instead.
This powder matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't make my makeup look too caked-on. It's light weight, stays on nicely throughout the day and isn't a struggle to remove. Aside from the brush (which isn't even worth complaining about), I literally don't have a single complaint about this product :)

on 6/30/2013 5:24:00 PM

Summary:

I recommend this powder In the 'invisible blend' for people with medium to very dark skin shades who are willing to reapply powder to oily areas throughout the day more often than usual and who desire a glow from their powder to combat dullness of dry skin.

Detailed review:

I bought this powder in the 'invisible blend' and can safely say this is NOT invisible at all.

As someone with very very fair skin I needed a translucent powder and decided to order this based on the image Clinique provide on their (UK) website, which shows an off white powder (the same colour shown for other brands displaying real translucent powders), as there were few to no images of this powder in use on the internet, especially on pale people. I am deducting a star for this misleading information provided by Clinique as it can really put people off ordering from them and I've also found their foundation swatches/descriptions to be terrible too. In the pot this looks a light neutral-yellow, so despite the shock of finding it to be coloured I assumed it would still work as i have used the Corn Silk loose powder before, which looks the same colour but applies adequately clear (but not perfectly so), however this is not the case for the Clinique powder. This leaves a dirty uneven look on my skin, and the uneveness suggests this is not as suited for dry skin as i have deduced from other reviews. I am also deducting a star because after seeing all the other shades in person, there is no powder light enough or truly translucent for pale skin shades in this range.

I have very dry/ very oily combination skin and wanted a powder that would cling to dry patches less than my current clingy loose powder (Illamasqua) and decided to favour a glowy finish instead of super mattifying qualities.This powder does cling less to actual flakiness than a lot of powders but its pigment 'collects' on drier areas, leaving the uneven/ dirty look i mentioned but i believe this will not be noticeable at all on a medium to very dark skin shades. I assume the pigment in this powder would also prevent ashyness on darker skin but i cannot say this out of personal experience. It keeps oily shine at bay well but needs reapplication every 4ish hours, 2 hours less than your average mattifying powder but this is the sacrifice for the lovely glow this powder provides.

A great positive is the value of this product, only £20 for 35 grams, bargain!!!

Despite the colour mistake i will keep this as way to warm my pastey skin from the neck down as it provides a natural slight tan for me in the summer, a good way to prevent a ghostly glow in holiday photos :L.

on 4/17/2013 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Does not mattify!! I have extremely oily, blemish-prone skin with a lot of enlarged pores. This does neither mattify or make the pores look better.... When it comes to the pores B.E mineral veil is better.

I guess this suites more normal skintypes....

Goes on silky smooth. my skin BREATHES no heavy or chalky feel. lasts a good five hours and you only need a tiny bit for your whole face. It is double what you would pay for a drug store brand but i find that it last me five times longer. With a rimmel or loreal I would need to repruchase every month or two using it everyday. With this I have for a whole year! plus no clogged pores no acne. I wear this with a covergirl tinted moisturizer and it feels very light fresh.

In general, Clinique's blended face powder is a very good product at a reasonable price point.

HOWEVER....

Be warned about Invisble #20. ICK! Made my face look grey, dull and ashen. Seriously, I had a glow after putting on my foundation, then put on the Invisible blend and looked like I had a face a dried dead skin.

Also, the powder is NOT invisble, has a definite grey-brown color. UGLY.

I am not using transparency #2 and it's lovely.

on 2/17/2012 9:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I stumbled across a sample of this in my mums makeup drawer. I asked her if she was using it and she said no, I could have it. Great. Well, sort of. I'm in two minds about this one so I'll analyse the pros and cons below:

PROS
Only £22 and you get a LOT of product for your money - a great investment that will (theoretically) last a long time!
You only need a small amount to set your face (otherwise you can risk looking cakey)
Keeps my forehead beautifully matte all day (I usually have issues with the oilies on my forehead)
Does not highlight/sink into fine lines (but again, watch how much you use!)
Masks pores nicely IF applied correctly! (be careful - less is more!)
When I wore this on top of my liquid foundation, my flat mate instantly commented on my "nice makeup".

CONS
Unusual smell
Might have caused a breakout - the Bismuth Oxychloride could be the culprit so just be aware regarding the ingredients! (Time will tell!)
Can be a little drying/cause some dehydration
Too much product can result in a cakey pay off so watch your application technique

on 2/13/2012 3:14:00 PM

I've been using this product daily for OVER 2 YEARS now! There's still half of the powder left, I'm thinking this will last me another two years!

I used to use drug store translucent powders, but those really don't last nearly as long as cliniques loose powder! It really sets everything in place, and at the end of the day I get a dewy glow!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product together with Clinique tinted moisturiser, so that I could cover up my shiny areas when I need more perfection rather than a natural look.
I don't have a oily skin (in fact I have a dry skin) that needs lots of blotting / refreshing. My nose however tends to get a little bit shiny and that's when the powder comes in. It only keeps shine at bay for two or three hours though...
It has a nice colour (03 transparency) that blends very well in to your natural complexion. You have to be careful not to apply too much because it tends to be greyish in the sunshine when it builds up.
I know the packaging is mostly the same for all loose powders out in the market, but I'd prefer a little more compactness. Powders are supposed to be for touch-ups after all, what's the point of a powder you cant throw in your bag when leaving home?
It's a decent product with no flaws but does no special job either. I'd like to discover some other product once this is finished.