Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

3.9

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

on 6/30/2013 5:24:00 PM

Summary:

I recommend this powder In the 'invisible blend' for people with medium to very dark skin shades who are willing to reapply powder to oily areas throughout the day more often than usual and who desire a glow from their powder to combat dullness of dry skin.

Detailed review:

I bought this powder in the 'invisible blend' and can safely say this is NOT invisible at all.

As someone with very very fair skin I needed a translucent powder and decided to order this based on the image Clinique provide on their (UK) website, which shows an off white powder (the same colour shown for other brands displaying real translucent powders), as there were few to no images of this powder in use on the internet, especially on pale people. I am deducting a star for this misleading information provided by Clinique as it can really put people off ordering from them and I've also found their foundation swatches/descriptions to be terrible too. In the pot this looks a light neutral-yellow, so despite the shock of finding it to be coloured I assumed it would still work as i have used the Corn Silk loose powder before, which looks the same colour but applies adequately clear (but not perfectly so), however this is not the case for the Clinique powder. This leaves a dirty uneven look on my skin, and the uneveness suggests this is not as suited for dry skin as i have deduced from other reviews. I am also deducting a star because after seeing all the other shades in person, there is no powder light enough or truly translucent for pale skin shades in this range.

I have very dry/ very oily combination skin and wanted a powder that would cling to dry patches less than my current clingy loose powder (Illamasqua) and decided to favour a glowy finish instead of super mattifying qualities.This powder does cling less to actual flakiness than a lot of powders but its pigment 'collects' on drier areas, leaving the uneven/ dirty look i mentioned but i believe this will not be noticeable at all on a medium to very dark skin shades. I assume the pigment in this powder would also prevent ashyness on darker skin but i cannot say this out of personal experience. It keeps oily shine at bay well but needs reapplication every 4ish hours, 2 hours less than your average mattifying powder but this is the sacrifice for the lovely glow this powder provides.

A great positive is the value of this product, only £20 for 35 grams, bargain!!!

Despite the colour mistake i will keep this as way to warm my pastey skin from the neck down as it provides a natural slight tan for me in the summer, a good way to prevent a ghostly glow in holiday photos :L.

In general, Clinique's blended face powder is a very good product at a reasonable price point.

HOWEVER....

Be warned about Invisble #20. ICK! Made my face look grey, dull and ashen. Seriously, I had a glow after putting on my foundation, then put on the Invisible blend and looked like I had a face a dried dead skin.

Also, the powder is NOT invisble, has a definite grey-brown color. UGLY.

I am not using transparency #2 and it's lovely.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This loose powder is sadly underrated! When buffed on with a loose fluffy brush, this gives the most flawless finish to my skin and works well with a variety of liquid foundations and BB creams in my stash. Oil control is commendable but after a few hours I do look a little dewy (not shiny). This also blends in well with my liquid products so it does not make me look caked-up or powdery. I am NC20 and I use 08 Transparency Neutral.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great setting powder! It's finely milled, lightweight and the color Invisible is truly invisible. It does not alter the color or add any additional coverage to my foundation. I have oily skin and use a heavy hand to set my foundation but this powder never looks cakey. The brush is nothing spectacular and I don't use it for this powder. The price is ok, there are many others that are more or less expensive but this one performs nicely and I think it's worth the price because it works for me. I am about to purchase this for the third time. It is a great representation of Clinique quality.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I heard great reviews about the powder on here only to be disappointed.

I'm incredibly fair with auburn hair and blue eyes. My skin is generally clear and spot free, but I've got combination skin and an uneven skin tone. I generally use transluscent powders and after my previous No7 Loose Powder had run out I thought it was high time I had a change.

How I regret spending that 20.

I got it in 20 Invisable Blend - the lady assured me that it was transluscent and wouldn't add any colour to my pale, cool toned face.

I tried some, and it felt wonderful, so silky and light. Bought it immediately.

However, in the literal light of day the powder is a horrid beige-orange and just clags up my skin. I'm now stuck with 20 worth of powder I can't use as it's too dark for my skin.

It's NOT invisable, and does not blend. Very disappointed.

on 4/7/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Too drying for dry skin even when used with all hydrating products

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only powder I will ever use: I have dry skin and anything containing powder is my worst enemy: blushes, powder highlighters etc. I always try to use cream products. However, because I use so many oil based moisturising products under my foundation, my makeup inevitably tends to look oily at the end of the day. That's where this baby comes in handy: it gets rid of shine, oil and excess sebum. And that's literally it! It doesn't add coverage, it doesn't try to be anything it's not: it just removes shine. Light as a feather, this stuff is sooooo beautifully weightless: I mean TRULY weightless - it feels like you are wearing nothing. It is absolutely perfect for someone like me. I have tons of dry patches and anything powder based clings to them horribly. My nose and chin are dry, yet magically tend to get shiny and I hate it. I never bought a powder until I discovered this. If you have dry or mature skin and need something that gets rid of shine and mattifies and makes you look flawless without drying or emphasizing dry patches then this is it. I adore this stuff. Pricey but it lasts forever.

on 8/5/2014 5:08:00 PM

A bit pricey, but there is a LOT of powder in there! Bought this last week, and it is wonderful! Invisible 20 is perfect if your skin has a yellow hue.

on 8/27/2011 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in Invisible Blend, which blends into my Indian skin well, but can look ashy and gray if applied heavily. I use this with concealer for an easy, shine-free look. Although it's expensive, the package contains a lot, and lasts a long time.

Pros: Large amount, blends easily, doesn't break me out.
Cons: I don't use the brush with this powder, but the brush works in a travel bag.

*Edit: I didn't even make it through one container, I gave it to a friend. It set my makeup, but since it didn't have color, I didn't use it often. Stay Matte powder is much more convenient for my purposes.

I FINALLY found what was breaking me out!! This powder!! I've had this for a while and it does give a nice finish over foundation, but gave me constant break outs.

I found out it was this when I just used the powder alone over my face without foundation for a few days AND OMG my entire face broke out.. Even in places I never got acne (my chin, jaw,etc.)! I've stopped using this and immediately noticed less break outs.

I moved on the Jurlique's Finishing Silk in Citrus, and it's divine.. Doesn't break me out!!! Smells good!! And keeps my face from being shiny/oily even longer than the clinique ever did.