Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
image 1image 2image 3

3.9

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

on 9/15/2015 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I don't know why but first thing that comes to mind about this product is boring.. This is my second one I've purchased and I think the price is okay cause you get a ton of product compared to many other loose powders but I rarely reach for it anymore. Doesn't keep my face matte so I use this on the non-oily areas of my face and it works fine to set my foundation, but if I remember correctly they sell this as a translucent powder and I must say I disagree. It has a tint to it and I find it makes my skin look somehow dull.. I don't even know but anyway there are better ones to try out.

on 4/15/2015 4:15:00 PM

I got this in translucent 3. It was a wrong colour which is my fault. However, the quality of the powder itself wasn't great. It was not luminous nor made my skin look great and flawless either nor long lasting. I used this to set my foundation underneath. This would be at the bottom among the list of the loose powder I have used. You have to use a lot to set foundation and, the powder isn't really finely milled so it kinda makes your skin look rough. The brush that comes with this powder is of low quality too and not suitable to apply powder. Fortunately this did not break me out nor had annoying fragrance though. I still wouldn't repurchase because there are so many better powder than this. Despite its poor quality, it was very expensive in Asia, almost over 40 bucks or more.

To Read all 173 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only powder I will ever use: I have dry skin and anything containing powder is my worst enemy: blushes, powder highlighters etc. I always try to use cream products. However, because I use so many oil based moisturising products under my foundation, my makeup inevitably tends to look oily at the end of the day. That's where this baby comes in handy: it gets rid of shine, oil and excess sebum. And that's literally it! It doesn't add coverage, it doesn't try to be anything it's not: it just removes shine. Light as a feather, this stuff is sooooo beautifully weightless: I mean TRULY weightless - it feels like you are wearing nothing. It is absolutely perfect for someone like me. I have tons of dry patches and anything powder based clings to them horribly. My nose and chin are dry, yet magically tend to get shiny and I hate it. I never bought a powder until I discovered this. If you have dry or mature skin and need something that gets rid of shine and mattifies and makes you look flawless without drying or emphasizing dry patches then this is it. I adore this stuff. Pricey but it lasts forever.

on 8/5/2014 5:08:00 PM

A bit pricey, but there is a LOT of powder in there! Bought this last week, and it is wonderful! Invisible 20 is perfect if your skin has a yellow hue.

on 7/15/2014 2:47:00 PM

I am on my second one of these. It works as well as any other decent face powder except you get a lot more for your money compared with other brands, I really like the packaging, helps keep that pesky fine powder from being blown all over your dressing table. The brush it comes with is useless, but a handy hand bag size (not that its ever been in mine) if you use too much you will look chalky, but used in the right way it sets make up beautify and I find I don't really need to touch it up though the day (unless im going out after work and I want to look perfect). The invisible blend is good, it doesn't change the look of my foundation. Over all really happy and would buy again.

on 5/9/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My default loose powder is Bobbi Brown's but I repurchased Clinique's Invisible Blend loose powder today having been tempted by a GWP (which is how I first tried this product).
On a cost comparison, you get a huge amount of powder for the price (35g compared to BB's 6g).
Performance wise, this is a finely milled powder and a very small amount is needed to set makeup and take down shine. I think it's too much to expect a powder to keep you shine free all day, so this works just as well as any other.
From other reviews it seems that Invisible Blend is not best suited to lighter skin tones but works very well with darker ones like mine. Applying too much can give an ashen tone though, so if using with a powder puff then you might need to brush off the excess. I've just lightly buffed some over my face using my MAC brush 109, which is a small headed brush recommended by MAC for applying powder foundation, and it's given a truly invisible matte finish to my face. I find the small headed brush gives greater control for applying loose powder than a "powder" brush - and it doesn't fly off the brush onto your shoulder!
I'd tried Clinique's loose powders many years ago but the shades were a little too pink for me. Invisible Blend is a great fit for my olive-tan yellow toned skin.

on 1/27/2014 3:23:00 PM

I've had a sample of this sitting in the back of my drawer for years, and today I finally used it.
I don't want to sound too eager, but this stuff is AMAZING. I have combination skin, and my makeup usually melts off after a couple of hours- which sucks. I also hate the chalky, clogging sensation of powders.
I used a RT expert face brush and dipped it lightly in the powder and pressed it on my tzone and chin (avoided my cheeks where I have large pores). After being out for 4 hours and spending another 2 at the gym, my face still wasn't oily! It had a slight sheen, but considering I had worked out, and considering what it usually looks like by that point, I'm very impressed. Really really good.
I only gave it 4 lippies because this is a first impression, so perhaps I just had a good skin day. If anything changes I will update!

I love the natural, semi-matte finish - it was always my HG loose powder in my 20s and 30s. I hadn't planned on repurchasing as my skin seemed to be getting drier as I'm getting older but it was just winter dehydration of my normally oily/combo skin. You get heaps for your money with Clinique powders and the Transparency 3 shade has always suited my Winter/Spring NC25-30 complexion, plus it's relatively neutral. The Invisible Blend 20 is more adaptable so suits me all year round though it does not mattify. Invisible Blend 20 is also more yellow and I think would look ashy on tan, truly olive or darker complexions. With both, you also get a handy little brush that is ideal for touch-ups and getting into little nooks and crannies - it's not sold as a substitute for a proper powder brush. I have a powder fetish so I'm still working my way through a jar but I fear it's going to be with me for a few more years! I would definitely re-purchase in the future but will stick to Transparency - maybe no. 4 next time?

on 11/30/2013 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this at the Duty-free store on my way to Buffalo for I believe $27. I've had this product for over a year and I'm not even half way done using it despite using it everyday on top of my foundation. It is literally the container of never ending powder (and I am completely okay with that!). I really dislike the brush, so I use e.l.f.'s Studio Complexion Brush instead.
This powder matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't make my makeup look too caked-on. It's light weight, stays on nicely throughout the day and isn't a struggle to remove. Aside from the brush (which isn't even worth complaining about), I literally don't have a single complaint about this product :)

on 10/26/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this product, I use it with anti blemish liquid foundation. Perfect! Doesn't break out my skin and stay matte for all day, really good coverage. Just don't like the brush, I use kabuki brush from body shop.