Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Filtered by age: 44-55
Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

4.4

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great setting powder! It's finely milled, lightweight and the color Invisible is truly invisible. It does not alter the color or add any additional coverage to my foundation. I have oily skin and use a heavy hand to set my foundation but this powder never looks cakey. The brush is nothing spectacular and I don't use it for this powder. The price is ok, there are many others that are more or less expensive but this one performs nicely and I think it's worth the price because it works for me. I am about to purchase this for the third time. It is a great representation of Clinique quality.

on 5/9/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My default loose powder is Bobbi Brown's but I repurchased Clinique's Invisible Blend loose powder today having been tempted by a GWP (which is how I first tried this product).
On a cost comparison, you get a huge amount of powder for the price (35g compared to BB's 6g).
Performance wise, this is a finely milled powder and a very small amount is needed to set makeup and take down shine. I think it's too much to expect a powder to keep you shine free all day, so this works just as well as any other.
From other reviews it seems that Invisible Blend is not best suited to lighter skin tones but works very well with darker ones like mine. Applying too much can give an ashen tone though, so if using with a powder puff then you might need to brush off the excess. I've just lightly buffed some over my face using my MAC brush 109, which is a small headed brush recommended by MAC for applying powder foundation, and it's given a truly invisible matte finish to my face. I find the small headed brush gives greater control for applying loose powder than a "powder" brush - and it doesn't fly off the brush onto your shoulder!
I'd tried Clinique's loose powders many years ago but the shades were a little too pink for me. Invisible Blend is a great fit for my olive-tan yellow toned skin.

One of my HG's that I always come back to. I have all kinds of foundation and finishing powders and I rotate through them a lot... but this is one that I come back to time and time again... because it just looks the best of any I have. It keeps me finished and fairly matte for a while... but no powder keeps my oily tzone matte all day... but this never looks heavy or cakey. I will always have this in my makeup stash.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this powder years ago in Transparency 3. However, I realized number 8 is really best for my skin & blends so naturally it looks like it's my own. It really IS my HG. I'm 51. Never used liq foundation, have clear skin, but want to fine-tune it. It really gives a beautiful finish. I love this powder. Perfection. The brush however.. too small.

on 2/2/2011 7:31:00 AM

I have to agree with LailaE regarding the Invisible Blend 20 (for which I had a sample pot) : it IS very coloured - a horrible muddy grey yellow which ages me terribly and makes my skin look old and wrinkly.

Having said that I have been using this powder for years and love it BUT I am getting very worried as the colour change in the range may mean I can't get the right tone for my pale Celtic colouring. I am still using a blend (which I do myself) of pots 08 Transparency Neutral (very pale) and 03 Transaparency 3 (my version of a tan) and it really makes my skin come alive. If the new colours (when I eventually have to repurchase) don't allow me to get that result anymore (over more than 15 yrs faithful service) I'm going to be incredibly annoyed with Clinique. They've already taken my favourite base (Clarifying Makeup) away and my favourite liner and shadow (Quickeyes) if they take this too..well..it will be handbags!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is probably my longest and most used m/u item. I have tried many others over the years, including Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, MAC and Clarins, but I always come back to this in the Transparency Neutral shade. I wear it as a powder foundation, when I'm very casual, as a setting powder and to take down shine. It always looks natural and meshes right into my skin. The texture is almost creamy. Even in super humid weather, it looks better on my skin than drier powders.

on 5/9/2010 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

good powder, good texture, lots of product in a horrid plastic package which can crack if you smile at it.... Horrible color selection especially if you don't fall into the translucent or level 3 skin tone... ugh. I have it to use on clients, the No. 2 which is basically for a level 3 skin tone as on a level 2 or less it will darken and look muddy.

on 10/7/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have this in Transparency 4. It's a good color match for my med. beige complexion. The powder is finely milled and disappears upon application. Takes away shine but doesn't keep it away. The packaging is nice but the brush isn't usable.

on 9/25/2008 1:41:00 PM

I have been trying this in the invisible blend shade. This was a freebie in a GWP but I will buy the full size when it runs out. This may replace my HG Merle Norman Luxiva flawless effect loose powder in translucent, this seems to be much finer milled and absorbs oil better in my T zone. Coverage is nice and light and breathable.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a staple in my very sizable makeup wardrobe, I keep coming back to it again and again, having tried many, many other loose powders (chanel,christain dior, prescriptives, lancome, estee, sue devitt, etc.). I love the fact that it's a matte finish without looking chalky or dry, and sets any of my many founations quite well, for a very good wear. I hope they continue this forever!