First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Polish

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Polish

3.9

on 5/14/2016 12:04:00 PM

Bought this in New York after hearing such good things about it. Tested it out on my hand and immediately it was amazingly soft. I use this scrub/face wash (it's kind of a nice hybrid between the two) in the shower as the exfoliating beads (not my most favourite things) are much easier to rinse off there. It is kinda pricey - $24, so that works out around £17 for me. I really do enjoy the way my skin feels after using this scrub - however, I have a super dry nose area and this scrub has either made it worse, or I need to upgrade my moisturiser! Another thing is, it has a very odd smell, which is kind of off putting but doesn't stop me using it. All in all, I love how my skin feels after using this product, however I can't be sure if it's drying out my skin more than it's helping it and the smell is rather strange.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really like that this scrub is fragrance free. It contains coarse granules of walnut shell powder but there are not a lot of them so this might be good for those with delicate skin or new to using daily scrubs. This is in a creamy base that rinses clean. Easy to use for a gentle, daily exfoliation.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

my skin is confusing. But I can say it is usually dry/sensitive. I bought this at Sephora, and within a few weeks to a month, my skin was actually more radiant. My blemishes reduced, pimple spots have reduced. I noticed, that when summer came along, my skin became more dry..I've recently received dry patches on my skin - and I assumed it was this product. I switched to Aqua Marina from Lush, but didn't really like it because it wasn't exfoliating enough. I went back to this, and I'm hoping it's just a simple moisturizer problem, and not from this product!
Overall, I like it. It really is true to its words: safe for sensitive skin :)

on 9/27/2014 11:19:00 PM

I have super sensitive acne prone skin. It did get rid of the flacky patches but my skin become red and raw. Its good if you don't have sensitive skin.

This product changed my skin! I have oily acne-prone skin that can react negatively (red bumps or acne) to skincare products. I was looking for a scrub that would be gentle enough for everyday use because I like to exfoliate everyday (proven to be good for my skin)...so I picked up this product. I use it in the shower only in the mornings because I like to use my Olay Spin Brush at night with an acne-fighting cleanser. The first time I used it I was shocked at how GOOD it felt on my skin. It was creamy, moisturizing, gentle (but not too gentle). Love it. And the best part is IT GOT RID OF MY BLACKHEADS on my nose. My nose used to be covered in blackheads and now after three weeks of using this scrub I have 3-4, which is amazing! I never thought that was possible, I totally accepted that my nose will forever be filled with unsightly blackheads..but nope! This stuff is amazing and I totally 100% recommend it!

on 5/20/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got a deluxe sample from sephora. I was amazed at how good it is. It's gentle and I do have sensitive skin. I get hives easily and very acne prone. I'm 33 now. I'm planning to purchase this full size once I'm finish. I also like First aid cleanser. This polish does make my skin soft and smooth, great for makeup application. I hope with continues use, my acne skin will also improves. I don't have lots of acne like when I was younger. Now, it's more hormonal and I have hormonal imbalance. I wear makeup, therefore, I get blackheads and tiny whiteheads easily on the chin and around mouth area. They are so stubborn to remove. I always get them when I use liquid foundation, even just one day. On daily basis, I wear pressed Glo Minerals, which I swear the most, it doesn't cause me acne or clogged pores. Do not use Bare Minerals when you have acne skin, big mistake!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This has got to be one of my favorite scrubs ever! So this scrub doesn't have what I would call 'beads' like little round beads. The things in this scrub are a bit rougher, so it actually exfoliates your skin but isn't harsh on the skin. I've used this for around 2 months now and my skin has never felt so soft before. And my skin never hurts after I use it either.
The things that scrub your skin seem a bit to rough but when you actually put it on your skin and buff away the dead skin, it is very gentle but it also gets the job done. I hate scrubs that just move around on your skin but never actually take of the dead skin cells, so this has been very pleasing to me.
It was around $24 at Beauty Brands, and I can't really complain about the price. There's quiet a bit of product left and I use it around 3 times a week. When I use it, I like to first buff my skin but then let it sit on my skin for a couple minutes and then buff a bit more and rinse it off. My skin feels so smooth afterwards and it doesn't strip my skin either.
I would recommend this to people who want a scrub that isn't to harsh but will still exfoliate the skin and also to people with sensitive skin.