L.A. Colors Lipgloss & Lipstick duo

No Image

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Left my toiletries at home on a trip and needed to purchase some cheap replacements to use until I got home.

This was at the Dollar Tree for a buck, and I can say I'm impressed with it. I bought the Duo in Clarity (a warm neutral Clay brown.) What pleased me most was how natural the color looked, the smell and the chic packaging.

It's cheap lipstick, so I didn't expect much staying power, and I was correct. The coverage was good, natural looking, not too pigmented. Very creamy and smelt like banana Laffy Taffy.
For the sake of travel and the situation, I used the color for eyeshadow and blush, and it worked very well. I reapplied it as lipstick with the clear gloss three times, mostly after eating.

The packaging was nice, sleek and sexy looking, the gloss attached to the bottom of the lipstick. Good weight in the hand, didn't look cheap. Easy to use, but the cap on the lipstick didn't quite click securely on.

It did it's job, and for a dollar, I don't feel ripped off. I don't think I will buy more, it just didn't strike me as something I couldn't live without.

on 9/1/2016 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Got this in the fuschia plum color don't know the name and got my daughter the red one. I really like the lipstick the fuschia colored one it looks like a creamy version of flat out fabulous but better now the gloss is mediocre I guess it's supposed to go over the lipstick cause worn by itself it's thin and jelly like and doesn't gloss much on its own. 1.00 at family dollar and so worth it even if the gloss is a dud.

Got this at dollar tree.I have "charmed".it is the most beautiful color! I apply a very light coat of the lipstick, and top with a light coat of the gloss.they are both a wine or maroon color, the gloss has a touch of wine or maroon shimmer. So pretty, would look beautiful in a picture. Not long lasting, but considering the cheap price and gorgeous color, it's a great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have the shade natural. It was so perfect that I went back and bought five more to stock up since I know like all good products that work for me eventually it'll be discontinued. It's a perfect nude for people with highly pigmented lips to start with. It's a mlbb mauve toned into a pinkish brown. Not too dark and not too light. Nice to have a "nude" lipcolor that doesn't make me look like a corpse or like I have foundation on my lips for change. Highly recommended for people who lean towards berry/mauve/brown tones to pull off a true natural clean look.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 7/28/16: my dad got this for me in "Natural" from dollar tree & this is the best nice nude lipstick I've come across in a long time. It is not a frost it's more of a cream & the lipgloss is clear. It does smell a bit like bubblegum (the clear lipgloss side) but that goes away quick & isn't obnoxiously flavored. I'm all for cheap lipstick & cosmetics when I can when things work & I am wanting all of the colors this comes in! Try explaining that to a dude. My dad was like "but u have this one...?" Guys don't understand the snagging all of the colors lol. This reminds me of NARS dolce vita lipstick! Very similar color. I have a few other high end colors this is similar to also Chanel mademoiselle 05 lipstick & MAC Half N Half/High Tea also MAC lip liner in Spice. I'm on low buy so it's nice to find some decent DS discount MU. Dollar tree is like forest gump's box of chocolates u never know what ur gonna get!! Go dollar tree!!!!!!!!!! Remember when we were kids we had a $20 beauty budget (if u were lucky & big pimpin normally it was less!) we did ok we made it work OK! Wetnwild eyeliner, borrowing your sister's cigarette lighter (there be hell to pay if ur ma discovered that!), $0.99 plastic beat up well loved pencil sharper & an assortment of LA Colors, wetnwild, Bonne bell, cover girl, & Aziza cosmetics maybe a few hand me downs somebody once had in a GWP like that ubiquitous yellow your-first-intro-to-adulting Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion. Seeing how far $20 goes at sephora makes my heart sad. Seeing how much I can get for <$20 at dollar tree makes my heart glad. This cosmetics industry has gotten wayyyyyyy out of hand!!! Hats off to companies like LA Colors & wetnwild bravo for making affordable good quality products. Winning! $1!!!!!!!
---
Original review: I received this after a day of chronic physical pain as a "little" pick-me-up from my parents from the Family Dollar. As you may have guessed or inferred two thoughts #1 it's got a lipstick on one end & a lipgloss on the other so it is dual ended & yes #2 it is "cheap" ($1!!). I got Pink Diamonds which is a warm yellow toned Fuschia (which is a rare find coz most hot pinks lean coolish) lipstick & a glittery sheer grape colored gloss (slightly grape bubblegum flavor but it goes away soon, the lipstick has a slightly waxy typical "makeup" smell also dissipates upon 30 seconds). Both ends are much more sheer than I was expecting. A sheer wash of color. I would love to get more colors of these but I will probably not be shopping again til after Xmas so I will prob miss out, idk really if this is holiday merchandise 2015 coz I've never seen these until I was looking at makeup at Fam. $ back earlier in December. I see LA Colors at most dollar stores & always check them out for new stuff! I will BOLO. I like to put the lipstick on then apply the lipgloss over the top. & LA Colors is cruelty-free yay! :)

Another incredible find by la colors......I love these. I bought three.....two kinda reddish ones. One.more wine and one more purple.......and a pink one named twinkle. These are great. The gloss is cute but I prefer the lipstick part. Only a buck? Looks like there is more product in here than a normal tube of lipstick. The packaging is pretty nice for a dollar too. Iwould like to have all of these lipsticks. The three in one lip pencil is totally amazing in this line too. Just a real wow of a product. Edit: I have several of these and like them....only.thing.is I think the gloss part.tastes bad.

I bought the lip duo at my local dollar tree and it was only a dollar which was cheap for me,I bought the one in "Charmed" and its the ONLY red lipstick I've found that looks good on me,I love it! It looks dark and bold just looking at it,but once its applied it goes on lighter than it is.It is a fantastic lipstick,and the lipgloss goes good with the lipstick on too! it doesn't make it to shiny,barley shiny which is what I like If you want it to be a shiny red or whatever color you got,buy a clear gloss to put on with it.The gloss has a little glitter in it,but once applied you can't tell hardly.The lipgloss smelled like bubblegum which I didn't care for,its not like "BAM here I am" but the smell goes away after a minute or two.I love this duo and will re-urchase once I run out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love the packaging. I find it very purse friendly. I bought mine @ $ Tree 4only $1.45. To play it safe I purchased "Natural". Worn it daily since as it's the perfect MLBB on my complexion. Often wear it on its own, but in the eve time or at times for extra moisture, I ll use the gloss. It's really nice to have that option. I do have to re-apply often as it does not last hours on the lips...but for only a little over a buck I cannot complain!!

I'm all for cheap lipstick. I think $8 is ridiculous for lipstick. I have almost every color of this product. Its a two in one, which makes it even better. It didn't dry out my lips, and actually lasted really long. I definitely recommend.

on 5/10/2014 2:28:00 AM

These little gems come in six colors at the Dollar Tree. For, you guessed it, one dollar. It has lipstick on one side and lipgloss on the other. I love these for my purse since its two products in one. The lipstick is fine on it's own but the lipgloss adds that little extra. Definitely worth a dollar.

Popular Lips Products