St. Ives Apricot Scrub

St. Ives Apricot Scrub
Apricot ScrubApricot ScrubApricot ScrubApricot Scrub

3.6

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 4/17/2017 4:22:00 PM

I mainly use this as a body scrub as the beads can be quite harsh on skin if not used properly, it leaves skin feeling very smooth and smells great! Defo one of the best scrubs for really smoothing out the skin! I have used this in the past for my face and it's fine just a bit to harsh for sensitive acne prone skin!

on 2/15/2017 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this more as an armpit and leg scrub instead of a face scrub because the texture is really rough.

As for my face, i use it mainly to get rid of residues that have accumulated in my pores every 3-4 days and when i do use it, i tend to cringe.. im being as gentle as I can but it usually ends up as too gentle that nothing scrubs off or too harsh.

I've been using this product on and off for about 3 years now and it's never disappointed me. I started using this a while back because of breakouts I would get and it's the only thing that I have found so far that has helped. The only downside is it leaves my skin really dry. (I have pretty dry skin especially after washing my face with certain products). Overall great product and I always continue to buy since it always works for me!

on 12/6/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

A staple in my beauty arsenal! I actually don't use it to exfoliate my face as I find the granules to be too harsh and rough; I use it on my body. Leaves my skin smooth, soft and supple.

My skin feels clean and fresh after I use it but I don't see it much clear.

on 11/24/2016 2:11:00 AM

I use this everyday I know I'm not supposed to because it's an exfoliant but I use makeup on a daily and this really makes my face feel clean and fresh I've been using this since the early nineties it smells good too it's a must have for me nothing makes my face feel cleaner the grapefruit one is just as good

I have bought the blemish control version that contains salicylic acid countless times over the years. I love this stuff. It is very rough and if you have extremely sensitive skin you probably shouldn't use it. Don't use it everyday either, just use it once or twice a week. I love how smooth and fresh my face feels after using this. I do think this helps fade my acne scars and helps prevent acne. My bf started using this too after he tried it in my bathroom one day!

on 11/11/2016 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Way too abrasive. I got normal skin and I find this to actually hurt my skin. The scrub beads are so big they feel horrible on the skin when you scrub. It got so old I actually threw it away in the garbage. Otherwise I would only use it for my body, to use it on my face felt really unpleasant.
I have the green tea one though, that one is amazing. The beads are more fine but still big enough to scrub away all the dirt and dead skin. If you want something within the same brand, go for the Green tea one instead of this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pros
Smells nice
Cheap

Cons
So rough that it is actually harmful and damaging to the skin.

I feel like the St. Ives Green Tea scrub would be a better alternative to this. Still gives a good exfoliation, but granules are much smaller and safer on the skin.

Be wary of this if you have damaged skin- it can make matters worse.

on 10/5/2016 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know this has a cult following and maybe it really does work for some people but I just felt this was too harsh on my skin. I wouldn't recommend this on sensitive (face) skin.

Popular Scrubs