St. Ives Apricot Scrub

St. Ives Apricot Scrub
Apricot ScrubApricot ScrubApricot ScrubApricot ScrubApricot Scrub

3.6

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think it's easier to do a pro and con of this product.

Pros:
- cheap
- readily available
- does not irritate my skin
- exfoliates really well which helps with acne and scarring.
-brightens complexion
- exfoliation beads are from walnuts so it wont harm the environment

Cons:
- could be too harsh for some skin types
- the salicylic acid doesn't do much in this since it's just a scrub- it doesn't remain on your face for very long
- there is some debate about skin damage (micro-tears) but I think that comes up with most scrubs.
- you have to make sure you rinse it off well because the little beads feel annoying if any get left behind or in hair lol (didnt irritate my skin the few times it has happened)

Overall I've had no I'll effects from this. It does the job and helps my skin. Definitely if you're not dealing with acne, acne scarring etc then use something more gentle- it's not necessary for non- acne prone skin imo.

on 8/1/2018 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm almost 40 and have been using this off and on since high school back in the 1990s. thru years how I use it has changed but I still do use it. i use to use it to wash my face then used it to exfoliate and now I use it as a body scrub. it's too harsh for my face and prefer a more gentle but still effective exfoliating face wash and my skin appreciated it. I buy this in the larger container that has the screw top and large mouth opening cause I can stick my hand on to scoop enough product out to use on my body. I Exfoliate daily and then use a harsher exfoliant a few days a week and this is a few days a week scrub. it really gets my body rid of all my dry and dead skin to leave me with soft smooth skin that looks healthy and taken care of. plus it's so inexpensive that even if I am currently using a different scrub I still keep this on hand in case I run out or just feel like using this. it makes me nostalgic too which is pretty priceless having this remind me of happy memories thru the years. the fact that this has been around for at least 22 years that I've used it speaks for the product itself. granted me and my face have grown up and moved on to other face products but I'm glad to have tried it and really like it as a body scrub. if you use this for your face and don't Exfoliate your body, take this and try it out as a body scrub. you'll love it and realize why you should scrub your body too

on 7/31/2018 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream - Rinse Off Formula, but at a fraction of the price, St. Ives Apricot Scrub is pretty remarkable. It contains ground up walnuts, which don't harm the environment. However, ground walnuts can scrape the skin, so, I'm extra gentle rubbing it across my face. I use this once or twice a week. I like to use this in the morning before I shower.
that way I can shower off any particles that may have gotten in my hairline. It smells nice. It's cheap and readily available. What more can you ask for? Highly recommend.

on 5/5/2018 7:58:00 PM

This product was all the rage when I was in high school and gained somewhat of a cult status among women in America, but this product is so, so, SO damaging to the skin. The scrub creates micro scratches and micro tears on skin that will eventually leave the skin vulnerable, inflamed and dull. The ingredients aren't clean, the product is damaging-- I remember this did nothing to help the flakes on my skin, but would rather irritate my skin and make it red from irritating abrasion.

If the skin is in desperate need of exfoliation, if budget allows, I find that my clarisonic mia does an amazing job once a week and leaves my skin with a nice sheen. Chemical exfoliators (skincare products for the needs of one's skin type) are the better option for exfoliation. I do not use chemical exfoliators because I'm currently happy with my Clarisonic mia brush.

on 5/5/2018 6:40:00 PM

At one point I liked this product, but that was before I started taking skincare seriously and realized all of those micro beads cause fine micro tears in the skin and result in long term damage. It might make your skin feel squeaky clean and exfoliated but in the long run it’s not beneficial to the skin.

on 1/6/2018 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love it.
It helps with blackheads And acne scars

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this scrub, I use it pretty much every night (I only use a little and mix with it water like a face wash) as my skin prefers mechanical exfoliation over chemical. It makes my face radiant and super smooth and I haven't broken out from it. If you haven't heard there is controversy surrounding this product as apparently the walnuts cause micro tears and it supposedly isn't comedogenic which leads to breakouts, but I have never experienced any of this. Maybe be cautious if you've never used this and are sensitive

on 12/16/2017 11:23:00 AM

Cheap
Brightens complexion

Just buy it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Good scrub for the price. When I was 17, had no money and needed something for my acne prone skin this was my go to. A good scrub needs to have a moisturizing agent in the soap. This product does not and can quickly dry out skin too much causing more acne.

I prefer burt's bees willow bark scrub.

on 10/15/2017 4:17:00 PM

Love this scrub! Smells great and really exfoliates. I use about once a week or whenever my skin looks dull. Really smooths out little bumps on my t zone. I do have to apply a light layer of mosturizer after but i think most people have to as well after using any scrub. Over all, this is the best scrub I have used and I don't think I need to shop around for another one.

I've been recently checking ingredients to look out for any pore clogging ingredients. I looked up these ingredients and found that it contains SEVERAL EXTREMELY comedogenic ingredients. Seems count productive for a product to be advertised as helping acne and even curing it when it is filled with pore clogging ingredients. Don't bother using because any good this product does it destroys on its own. Look at the ingredients on products.