St. Ives Apricot Scrub

St. Ives Apricot Scrub
Apricot ScrubApricot ScrubApricot ScrubApricot Scrub

3.6

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 8/7/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Perfect basic scrub!

This was the first facial scrub I ever purchased. I still remember the really smooth feeling I got as I rinsed it off and how much better my makeup looked after using this. It is a very grainy and quite harsh scrub, so I would suggest rubbing it together with some water in your palms first before applying to your face. I have always been a fan of the mechanical exfoliators over the chemical ones and this is a really good basic scrub. I never suffered any adverse effects from this, it's just that there are better ones out there. I would purchase this if none of my current favourites were available as it is a decent little scrub for a great price.

on 5/13/2017 11:57:00 AM

Bought a mini version of this on a whimp and am a happy user . Used it almost ten years back when I had acne , and I feel this product has improved a lot . Back then I also liked it , but now , even more. It's grainy but I still feel is quite gentle with enough oomph , smells fantastic and has never given my sensitive skin irritation or burns. I use it once a week and I enjoy the scent .

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

💖 St Ives Apricot Scrub is truly effective if gently applied as face scrub or rougher rubbing as body scrub to diminish pimples/dirt and rejuvenate your skin which is why I am perplexed why some women actually pay more for laser treatments and come out looking sunburned. At AUD$7 every 2-3 month depending on usage, I started using St Ives scrub since 2002 and to me this product is safer than laser, easier on daily cleansing basis and most importantly effective at getting rid of pimples/blackheads and garden/renovation dirt. I only use this scrub once a week in the shower at the end of a hard day's work or when i feel my face is extra oily. After a thorough rinse, I always apply Invite | Rosken High Potency Vitamin E cream which could then counter any skin-thinning effect from the scrub so some alleged ¿? Maybe subjective scrubbing pressure, environmental factors (eg season, weather) and types of food consumption are contributory factors toward skin outcome. Or just maybe putting on Invite or Rosken High Potency Vitamin E cream after scrubbing will offset any skin-thinning?

I LOVE this product and I will continue using this scrub 😍

on 4/17/2017 4:22:00 PM

I mainly use this as a body scrub as the beads can be quite harsh on skin if not used properly, it leaves skin feeling very smooth and smells great! Defo one of the best scrubs for really smoothing out the skin! I have used this in the past for my face and it's fine just a bit to harsh for sensitive acne prone skin!

on 2/15/2017 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this more as an armpit and leg scrub instead of a face scrub because the texture is really rough.

As for my face, i use it mainly to get rid of residues that have accumulated in my pores every 3-4 days and when i do use it, i tend to cringe.. im being as gentle as I can but it usually ends up as too gentle that nothing scrubs off or too harsh.

I've been using this product on and off for about 3 years now and it's never disappointed me. I started using this a while back because of breakouts I would get and it's the only thing that I have found so far that has helped. The only downside is it leaves my skin really dry. (I have pretty dry skin especially after washing my face with certain products). Overall great product and I always continue to buy since it always works for me!

on 12/6/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

A staple in my beauty arsenal! I actually don't use it to exfoliate my face as I find the granules to be too harsh and rough; I use it on my body. Leaves my skin smooth, soft and supple.

My skin feels clean and fresh after I use it but I don't see it much clear.

on 11/24/2016 2:11:00 AM

I use this everyday I know I'm not supposed to because it's an exfoliant but I use makeup on a daily and this really makes my face feel clean and fresh I've been using this since the early nineties it smells good too it's a must have for me nothing makes my face feel cleaner the grapefruit one is just as good