St. Ives Apricot Scrub

St. Ives Apricot Scrub
Apricot ScrubApricot ScrubApricot ScrubApricot Scrub

3.6

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 12/6/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

A staple in my beauty arsenal! I actually don't use it to exfoliate my face as I find the granules to be too harsh and rough; I use it on my body. Leaves my skin smooth, soft and supple.

My skin feels clean and fresh after I use it but I don't see it much clear.

on 11/24/2016 2:11:00 AM

I use this everyday I know I'm not supposed to because it's an exfoliant but I use makeup on a daily and this really makes my face feel clean and fresh I've been using this since the early nineties it smells good too it's a must have for me nothing makes my face feel cleaner the grapefruit one is just as good

I have bought the blemish control version that contains salicylic acid countless times over the years. I love this stuff. It is very rough and if you have extremely sensitive skin you probably shouldn't use it. Don't use it everyday either, just use it once or twice a week. I love how smooth and fresh my face feels after using this. I do think this helps fade my acne scars and helps prevent acne. My bf started using this too after he tried it in my bathroom one day!

on 11/11/2016 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Way too abrasive. I got normal skin and I find this to actually hurt my skin. The scrub beads are so big they feel horrible on the skin when you scrub. It got so old I actually threw it away in the garbage. Otherwise I would only use it for my body, to use it on my face felt really unpleasant.
I have the green tea one though, that one is amazing. The beads are more fine but still big enough to scrub away all the dirt and dead skin. If you want something within the same brand, go for the Green tea one instead of this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pros
Smells nice
Cheap

Cons
So rough that it is actually harmful and damaging to the skin.

I feel like the St. Ives Green Tea scrub would be a better alternative to this. Still gives a good exfoliation, but granules are much smaller and safer on the skin.

Be wary of this if you have damaged skin- it can make matters worse.

on 10/5/2016 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know this has a cult following and maybe it really does work for some people but I just felt this was too harsh on my skin. I wouldn't recommend this on sensitive (face) skin.

on 9/5/2016 11:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I give this a 2-2.5, I find the scent too strong and the exfoliant in it is too spread out/sparse for my taste and the pieces are too big. I prefer a sugar scrub to this. Just didn't find I got as much of an even scrub on my face with this and my skin didn't feel as soft as when I use something like Andalou naturals scrub. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have struggled with dark armpits for a VERY long time.
It's something that I've been self conscious of since I can remember and its just not a fun time constantly being cautious that you keep your arms down so no one accidentally peeks at the darkness that lies underneath.. lol thats a bit dramatic but you get what I mean, the struggle was real

Anyway, I've been shaving my armpits for YEARS so I'm sure that has something to do with the darker shade of my armpits.
So I began waxing and while that definitely helped lighten them up a bit, it still wasn't the same shade as the rest of my body.
Enter in the St Ives Apricot Scrub. I'd been using this on my face and have repurchased constantly over the years, but recently I began the acne.org regimen and I had to cut out this scrub as its considered an irritant so it just kind of sat in my shower for a bit

It occurred to me to start using this as a body exfoliator and I've never looked back. I wash my body every night and by scrubbing my armpits with this, its gradually lightened them DRASTICALLY! (note that previous to this I used to just use a loofah all over my body but now I use an exfoliating mitt and a scrub. Also, I threw away all my cheap deodorant and started using a light layer of coconut oil as deo)

So yeah. Long story short, if this is too abrasive and rough for your face, consider using it as a body scrub its great and super inexpensive!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a great product *IF* you need it. I would not recommend this for people who don't need it or who have tender skin, because it's really rough in texture.

But for those that need something like this, that rough texture is all that you need to achieve healthy looking, glowy skin.

My favorite part is that it uses all natural ingredients, rather than those synthetic beads that are harmful to the environment. That's better for your skin anyway. :)

St. Ives has a bunch of good products, and imo, they beat out a lot of the higher end products when it comes to caring for specific skin issues like acne or uneven skin tone.

FYI: Equate from Walmart makes their own version that is almost identical and does just as good of a job exfoliating and cleansing your skin, except the texture is a bit different. Not that St. Ives Apricot Scrub is expensive, but it's always nice to have options.