St. Ives Apricot Scrub

St. Ives Apricot Scrub
Apricot ScrubApricot ScrubApricot ScrubApricot Scrub

3.6

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 5/5/2018 7:58:00 PM

This product was all the rage when I was in high school and gained somewhat of a cult status among women in America, but this product is so, so, SO damaging to the skin. The scrub creates micro scratches and micro tears on skin that will eventually leave the skin vulnerable, inflamed and dull. The ingredients aren't clean, the product is damaging-- I remember this did nothing to help the flakes on my skin, but would rather irritate my skin and make it red from irritating abrasion.

If the skin is in desperate need of exfoliation, if budget allows, I find that my clarisonic mia does an amazing job once a week and leaves my skin with a nice sheen. Chemical exfoliators (skincare products for the needs of one's skin type) are the better option for exfoliation. I do not use chemical exfoliators because I'm currently happy with my Clarisonic mia brush.

on 5/5/2018 6:40:00 PM

At one point I liked this product, but that was before I started taking skincare seriously and realized all of those micro beads cause fine micro tears in the skin and result in long term damage. It might make your skin feel squeaky clean and exfoliated but in the long run it’s not beneficial to the skin.

on 1/6/2018 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love it.
It helps with blackheads And acne scars

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this scrub, I use it pretty much every night (I only use a little and mix with it water like a face wash) as my skin prefers mechanical exfoliation over chemical. It makes my face radiant and super smooth and I haven't broken out from it. If you haven't heard there is controversy surrounding this product as apparently the walnuts cause micro tears and it supposedly isn't comedogenic which leads to breakouts, but I have never experienced any of this. Maybe be cautious if you've never used this and are sensitive

on 12/16/2017 11:23:00 AM

Cheap
Brightens complexion

Just buy it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Good scrub for the price. When I was 17, had no money and needed something for my acne prone skin this was my go to. A good scrub needs to have a moisturizing agent in the soap. This product does not and can quickly dry out skin too much causing more acne.

I prefer burt's bees willow bark scrub.

on 10/15/2017 4:17:00 PM

Love this scrub! Smells great and really exfoliates. I use about once a week or whenever my skin looks dull. Really smooths out little bumps on my t zone. I do have to apply a light layer of mosturizer after but i think most people have to as well after using any scrub. Over all, this is the best scrub I have used and I don't think I need to shop around for another one.

I've been recently checking ingredients to look out for any pore clogging ingredients. I looked up these ingredients and found that it contains SEVERAL EXTREMELY comedogenic ingredients. Seems count productive for a product to be advertised as helping acne and even curing it when it is filled with pore clogging ingredients. Don't bother using because any good this product does it destroys on its own. Look at the ingredients on products.

on 9/18/2017 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love this scrub! I tried it a few weeks ago, and I've been using it about once a week since, or whenever my skin feels a bit rough. I tend to easily get hyper-pigmentation from acne and this product gets rid of them much faster. I only use it once a week because it can be harsh on the face if used too often. Almost feel like a chemical treatment on my skin, so if you have really sensitive skin I wouldn't use this, or I wouldn't leave on the skin for too long. I also only scrub my problem areas and leave the rest of my skin alone.

I found the price to be a bit on the high end for a scrub, but I read a lot of good reviews and decided to spend the money on it. Turns out the price is worth it and it lasts me a long time since I don't really need a lot on my skin.

on 8/7/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Perfect basic scrub!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was the first facial scrub I ever purchased. I still remember the really smooth feeling I got as I rinsed it off and how much better my makeup looked after using this. It is a very grainy and quite harsh scrub, so I would suggest rubbing it together with some water in your palms first before applying to your face. I have always been a fan of the mechanical exfoliators over the chemical ones and this is a really good basic scrub. I never suffered any adverse effects from this, it's just that there are better ones out there. I would purchase this if none of my current favourites were available as it is a decent little scrub for a great price.