Aussie Moist Shampoo

Aussie Moist Shampoo
Moist Shampoo

3.9

NEW 2012 FORMULA water, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol distearate, sodium citrate, cocamide mea, sodium xylenesulfonate, fragrance, aloe leaf juice, jojoba seed oil, ecklonia radiata extract, dimethicone, citric acid, sodium benzate, sodium chloride, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, tertrasodium edta,methychloridsothiazolione, methyisolizatonaione, yellow5, red33.

This has Sodium Lauryl, sodium laureth sulfates. I was very surprised on how gentle this product is. Usually, sulfates make my scalp itchy. My mom says I should use this before I bought them. We both have 3c curls. The Shampoo and conditioner made my curls look ALIVE! Feels very silky! Smells very good! Usually, I would use sulfate free products, but I would definitely purchase Aussie again.

on 4/28/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have Asian dyed hair, no issues. This cleans well, doesn't strip my hair. It's cheap. While the conditioner was hard to rinse out and left some residue which weighed my hair down, the shampoo rinses easily. The fact that it is also color safe gets a will repurchase. I switch shampoos and conditioners regularly so I don't get much build up and I do not shampoo every day. I dislike the generic scent which is strong and lingers, but for the price I can deal.

Note: after using Aussie for three weeks, my scalp started to itch (no dandruff or flaking just some itchiness) so I did one shampoo with Nizoral which solved the issue. (I did a second one just to be sure a few days later). I think it was the Aussie shampoo not the conditioner. But, I don't want to stop using the Aussie because my hair likes it, so I will just use nizoral as needed. Reducing the shampoo rating to three stars.

on 4/5/2017 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This shampoo smells amazing. Lathers beautifully. Leaves my hair soft and shiny. And it's inexpensive. The kicker? Breaks me out like a mofo. For that reason alone, I can't repurchase.

on 2/21/2017 9:57:00 PM

Good product for a very low price. Does not seem to strip my hair or leave it extremely dry. Smell is very pleasant but there is nothing amazing about this product. Good classic shampoo. Won't repurchase because I like experimenting with other products but will remain in my good books.

on 2/8/2017 11:48:00 AM

I look back at how much money I've wasted over the years on expensive shampoos and conditioners and it's come down to this and the 3 minute miracle deeeep conditioner. I usually can get these two products for 2.50-2.99 each tops. I can tell you these products have protected my fine, heat-damaged hair better than most other products and have helped me to grow out my hair. Works very well to smooth frizz. These have become my HGs. I no longer have to research or think about it. I just buy these and keep them in stock. I now have more money for other beauty products I unfortunately can't find this cheap! :)

This is an awesome, affordable shampoo for my bleached, fine and long hair that tangles easy. Gets it clean without weighing it down and without any build up, doesn't dry it out either. Would repurchase!

on 10/21/2016 9:14:00 PM

3b/3c fine dry hair: I love the smell and the slip of this. Some shampoos cause my hair to dry out before I've even rinsed it out and then I'm left with a big matted mess. This stuff smells great doesn't cause my hair to snarl and doesn't seem to leave any build up. I use in conjunction with the paired conditioner and 3 minute miracle as needed and my hair has never been happier or more hydrated. Can't beat the price!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Aussie shampoos and conditioners, another victim of the Proctor and Gamble company's idea to "buy-out/reformulate/destroy the original product" . First, I will say that these products do seem to work for many people and that is a good thing. If it works for you, then by all means, use what works. But, if you used a product and loved it for years before it became a new version of its former glory, then you know what I am talking about. P and G bought Aussie around 2003 and, like Pantene products, it has never been the same. It seems that all of the P and G shampoos/conditioners now use the same basic ingredients, that is a cheaper way to manufacture and keep costs down, so of course big companies will do that. But it is always at the expense of a great product.
When I first started using Aussie products way back in 1986 (in the USA), and for many years after, they had the 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor, the Mega Shampoo with Papaya and the Aussie Moist shampoo. They were all so wonderful, smelled fantastic, they had more natural ingredients, and they worked so well! Your hair would feel clean, smooth and full of life. Now, you cannot get the Mega shampoo, and the 3 Minute Miracles (any version of them) are nothing like the original.
As for the Moist shampoo- it has changed so much and does not work for me at all. It feels okay the first use and then starts to get that coated, plastic feeling and my hair will get sticky and heavy-- all within about three uses. You should not have to clarify after 3 uses. Also, I have a LOT of hair fall with this shampoo and I wake up in the middle of the night with my scalp itching. It takes out color quickly, too.
As you get older, your hair does change, and you begin to color, etc. But, I would venture to say that the original Aussie products would STILL beat this new stuff hands down, even with all the changes my hair has gone through.
As for any Aussie product on the shelf now, I'll just have to pass on it. I will remember my original Aussie with love, and maybe someday someone will be able to bring it back! The people who owned it were the Redmonds, who now produce a line called Renpure, which is supposed to have more natural ingredients. They had an Argan Oil shampoo that I wasn't too crazy about since my hair is not too fond of argan oil, but I am going to try to find some other products from Renpure and see how they work.

on 6/30/2016 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used to use all the Aussie products (sham/cond) but found they must be changing their formulas as they redesign the product packaging. I used the volume sham/condit back in the day - and can't use it anymore (weighs my hair down) and the same goes for the moist products. I tried this shampoo and it left my hair feeling dirty. I have super dry hair too - and was hoping it might help my ends, but it just felt gross after washing and then applying my regular conditioner. I also noticed that when putting the product in my hands, it slides around almost like oil in water. Very odd. Threw away. I sometimes use hair shampoo that I don't want to use in my hair as body wash - but I didn't even want to do that with this.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This shampoo is amazing for curly hair. No frizz problems and it keeps split ends at bay. Use it with the conditioner which is also fantastic.

Popular Shampoos