Aussie Moist Shampoo

Aussie Moist Shampoo
Moist Shampoo

3.9

NEW 2012 FORMULA water, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol distearate, sodium citrate, cocamide mea, sodium xylenesulfonate, fragrance, aloe leaf juice, jojoba seed oil, ecklonia radiata extract, dimethicone, citric acid, sodium benzate, sodium chloride, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, tertrasodium edta,methychloridsothiazolione, methyisolizatonaione, yellow5, red33.

on 2/21/2017 9:57:00 PM

Good product for a very low price. Does not seem to strip my hair or leave it extremely dry. Smell is very pleasant but there is nothing amazing about this product. Good classic shampoo. Won't repurchase because I like experimenting with other products but will remain in my good books.

on 2/8/2017 11:48:00 AM

I look back at how much money I've wasted over the years on expensive shampoos and conditioners and it's come down to this and the 3 minute miracle deeeep conditioner. I usually can get these two products for 2.50-2.99 each tops. I can tell you these products have protected my fine, heat-damaged hair better than most other products and have helped me to grow out my hair. Works very well to smooth frizz. These have become my HGs. I no longer have to research or think about it. I just buy these and keep them in stock. I now have more money for other beauty products I unfortunately can't find this cheap! :)

This is an awesome, affordable shampoo for my bleached, fine and long hair that tangles easy. Gets it clean without weighing it down and without any build up, doesn't dry it out either. Would repurchase!

on 10/21/2016 9:14:00 PM

3b/3c fine dry hair: I love the smell and the slip of this. Some shampoos cause my hair to dry out before I've even rinsed it out and then I'm left with a big matted mess. This stuff smells great doesn't cause my hair to snarl and doesn't seem to leave any build up. I use in conjunction with the paired conditioner and 3 minute miracle as needed and my hair has never been happier or more hydrated. Can't beat the price!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Aussie shampoos and conditioners, another victim of the Proctor and Gamble company's idea to "buy-out/reformulate/destroy the original product" . First, I will say that these products do seem to work for many people and that is a good thing. If it works for you, then by all means, use what works. But, if you used a product and loved it for years before it became a new version of its former glory, then you know what I am talking about. P and G bought Aussie around 2003 and, like Pantene products, it has never been the same. It seems that all of the P and G shampoos/conditioners now use the same basic ingredients, that is a cheaper way to manufacture and keep costs down, so of course big companies will do that. But it is always at the expense of a great product.
When I first started using Aussie products way back in 1986 (in the USA), and for many years after, they had the 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor, the Mega Shampoo with Papaya and the Aussie Moist shampoo. They were all so wonderful, smelled fantastic, they had more natural ingredients, and they worked so well! Your hair would feel clean, smooth and full of life. Now, you cannot get the Mega shampoo, and the 3 Minute Miracles (any version of them) are nothing like the original.
As for the Moist shampoo- it has changed so much and does not work for me at all. It feels okay the first use and then starts to get that coated, plastic feeling and my hair will get sticky and heavy-- all within about three uses. You should not have to clarify after 3 uses. Also, I have a LOT of hair fall with this shampoo and I wake up in the middle of the night with my scalp itching. It takes out color quickly, too.
As you get older, your hair does change, and you begin to color, etc. But, I would venture to say that the original Aussie products would STILL beat this new stuff hands down, even with all the changes my hair has gone through.
As for any Aussie product on the shelf now, I'll just have to pass on it. I will remember my original Aussie with love, and maybe someday someone will be able to bring it back! The people who owned it were the Redmonds, who now produce a line called Renpure, which is supposed to have more natural ingredients. They had an Argan Oil shampoo that I wasn't too crazy about since my hair is not too fond of argan oil, but I am going to try to find some other products from Renpure and see how they work.

on 6/30/2016 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used to use all the Aussie products (sham/cond) but found they must be changing their formulas as they redesign the product packaging. I used the volume sham/condit back in the day - and can't use it anymore (weighs my hair down) and the same goes for the moist products. I tried this shampoo and it left my hair feeling dirty. I have super dry hair too - and was hoping it might help my ends, but it just felt gross after washing and then applying my regular conditioner. I also noticed that when putting the product in my hands, it slides around almost like oil in water. Very odd. Threw away. I sometimes use hair shampoo that I don't want to use in my hair as body wash - but I didn't even want to do that with this.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This shampoo is amazing for curly hair. No frizz problems and it keeps split ends at bay. Use it with the conditioner which is also fantastic.

on 3/9/2016 9:53:00 PM

Love the new formula! Smells like Heaven, lathers well, feels good on my scalp and skin. It's also color-safe. They added jojoba oil which I ADORE for my skin and hair, and aloe extract. The scent is fruity/coconut and a very pale shade of rose, nearly off-white. I tried this on a whim because I'll need something for dry air (going out west) so this should be ideal! Will NOT wreck your skin; I get itchy from a lot of products so when I stumble upon those which keep me comfortable, I'm really happy.
Those with fine hair won't get the weighed down despite the creamy formula. It's not like Pantene hydrating. It's just a simple but effective cleanser actually for all hair types. Perfect in my rotation!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Holy mother of Moses this is nice shampoo! Granted I haven't been using it very long but so far so GREAT! I was using Infusium moisture replenishing shampoo for a quite a while before I decided to switch. The Infusium started to weigh my hair down so much, when it would air dry it looked stringy and dull and I found I had to use my clarifying shampoo more than I should have. My hair is naturally blonde, very curly and on the finer side. The Aussie shampoo cleans so well that my scalp feels clean and fresh but my hair isn't tangly or squeaky after, it is soft. When it air dries my hair is shiny, my curls are full and bouncy and my roots are not greasy. I am loving this so far and you cannot beat the price! I'm hoping this will become my new HG shampoo!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

So far I am not impressed much.
Price is pretty great even for the larger size bottles you are really getting a good deal.
Scent I am not as keen on as other people seem to be. I am SO over it. It is not terrible and I am so glad it is not extremely fruity smelling or childish but it is borderline. Good news it does not linger long in my hair.
It does add moisture to my hair but nothing spectacular. It does not weigh it down which is a plus.
My hair seems to not be as shiny when I use this compared to some others and I do feel I cannot go more then a day and a half without washing or it will look dirty and dull.
When allowed to air dry my hair still has a ton of frizzies. Which it does not claim to tame but I was hoping it would make some difference.
It does clean my hair well but other than that it doesn't do much else.
I always feel like I am left wanting something more from this.
I have tried this on and off over the years and it has never won me over.
Although it is nothing to be excited for it was just a basic shampoo for me.
I will keep looking and possibly keep this in the rotation and maybe for my young daughter as it cleanses her well and she does not need much else right now other than an added conditioner.

Update: not sure if it is due to this shampoo or not but my daughters scalp started to get dry and itchy so we stopped using this on her.