Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic wax, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Ethylene brassylate, Frag., Behenic acid, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 2/9/2018 4:39:00 PM

I am very fair skinned with freckles and auburrn hair, and most drugstore foundations labelled as "fair" do not match me in the slightest... and this one is no exception, unfortunately.

Because aside from the terrible orange that this colour is, it covers SO much and does so beautifully all while staying put for the day. I am extremely oily, so for a drug store foundation to live up to the hype of long wear, this is great.

I usually use ELDW, but for the times when I cant be bothered to go pick it up, I think I will reach for this. It really is a shame that after all these years and money, however, that Covergirl still chooses to have Oompa Loompa shades. That truly is this foundations only downfall.

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. I have oily combination skin with acne scars, but no active or cystic acne at the moment.

I'm really pleased with this foundation. The seemingly juvenile packaging almost turned me off from purchasing but I heard great reviews on YouTube and decided to give it a try. I picked up the shade 210 as it looks like the closest match and the least pink out of the bunch. Turns out it is still on the neutral side (too pink) so I have to use a yellow adjuster for this.

What I like the most about it is the finish. It has quite a matte finish but it doesn't dry you out completely. It has a great medium buildable to full coverage but looks very skin like and not cakey. It does not emphasize pores and really blurred out my imperfections. It also has decent oil control and last all day. Not a big fan of the color of the tube but I like that it comes in a tube and super light weight which makes it travel friendly. The price is amazing too - you can often get it for CAD$5.99 on sale.

I cannot wait to try this in summer time and I have already purchased two backups. Will recommend to anyone.

THIS AND THE 3-in-1 OUTLAST ARE MY HG! They give the skin the most amazing natural but matte finish?? My skin looks magical in these two foundations and I’ve tried higher end foundations too. Please get it! I’m NC40 and the 3-in-1 is yellow based, this one is more pink but still workable in the shade Soft Honey. I’d say this is a medium coverage but on the lighter side compared to the 3-in-1 which is medium but on the heavier side. but essentially both are long wearing, oil controlling and natural looking. Don’t even think twice, just. Buy. It. Will repurchase this! A bit lighter coverage since I have better skin now so don’t need the 3-in-1. I’d say it’s good with pores as well. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

on 11/24/2017 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

It holds up well on my oily t zone, lasts and looks good for most of the day. It is medium to full coverage. Doesn't oxidize too much. The packaging - I love the squeeze tube but it is a bit teenage looking. The color selection isn't perfect....very limited...but cant beat the price. I have this in 115 and 210. Although, I can only find it at Walmart so not sure if this is being phased out. NC 25 MAC pro long wear, Dawn in ELDW, Armani Designer lift 5, Chanel Velvet B20.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite drug store foundation. It looks absolutely flawless on the skin. My skin photographs so well with this. It looks high end. The color match for me is great as well. My only complaint is that I feel that it’s not super long lasting. It will last out for a night, but not during a long day. Overall, still a big fan. It’s definitly a steal.

on 10/9/2017 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have bought this many times and I can always rely on it. It's medium coverage and has good staying power. I use it more in the summer cuz I'm very pale and sometimes the colour could be a tad dark for me in the winter. Still, I always go back to this no matter how many foundations I try. Good product for the price.

on 10/2/2017 11:14:00 AM

I have finally found my match! After years of searching and trying out every foundation under the sun, this is the one! I love the tube application, consistency, coverage and colour match. It stays on all day...and most importantly, it doesn't cause breakouts. Hallelujah!

on 8/23/2017 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have acne-prone and sensitive skin i've been searching for the best foundation that will suit me that won't cause me breakouts and with great coverage to cover up my blemishes and this foundation has matched what i was looking for.

COVERAGE: very buildable from medium to full coverage
FINISH: it easily sets to matte, perfect for my oily skin.
PERFORMANCE: last all day, i didn't have any problem doing touch ups every time i can go all day with no touch ups and this foundation still stays in place. sometimes i don't feel like putting powder on because it already has it's own built in powder system which is a very great benefit for my oily skin
SHADES: my shade is in 115 which is a bit dark on me after it sets, im thinking of trying another shade of this but they only have few selections of shade and most of it are in slightly pink undertones and i have a cool undertone but the shade works on me after i set it with transluscent powder.

this is my go to foundation everyday and my face doesn't look or feel greasy and cakey but the only downside is that it creases on the side of my nose i thought it was just my skin my when i tried other foundations it still stayed flawless on my nose, so i think if you have some dry patches on your skin this may not be suitable for you.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I like this product quite a bit except for the color range and lack of SPF. I can forgive the lack of sun protection because I wear other daily SPF products. 105 Classic Ivory is a bit too pink and dark when freshly applied, plus it oxidizes to an even more orange-y shade as I wear it. I can mostly salvage this product by mixing in a lighter foundation or even some Fair to Light Smoothers BB Cream. As annoying as the required shade fix is, I still reach for this handy tube when I want an oil-free natural-looking foundation. Maybe I enjoy a challenge, but I plan to finish my tube. I will not repurchase though unless the shade range is improved.
NC 15 for reference.

on 7/11/2017 12:55:00 PM

Really good foundation for the price. Keeps me matte and comfortable all day. Only issue is if you don't wash this off really well, it will make you break out like crazy.

A TINY bit goes a long way.

Might repurchase, not sure yet lol