Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic wax, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Ethylene brassylate, Frag., Behenic acid, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I like this product quite a bit except for the color range and lack of SPF. I can forgive the lack of sun protection because I wear other daily SPF products. 105 Classic Ivory is a bit too pink and dark when freshly applied, plus it oxidizes to an even more orange-y shade as I wear it. I can mostly salvage this product by mixing in a lighter foundation or even some Fair to Light Smoothers BB Cream. As annoying as the required shade fix is, I still reach for this handy tube when I want an oil-free natural-looking foundation. Maybe I enjoy a challenge, but I plan to finish my tube. I will not repurchase though unless the shade range is improved.
NC 15 for reference.

on 7/11/2017 12:55:00 PM

Really good foundation for the price. Keeps me matte and comfortable all day. Only issue is if you don't wash this off really well, it will make you break out like crazy.

A TINY bit goes a long way.

Might repurchase, not sure yet lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation! This is the one and only Cover Girl Foundation that has ever worked out well for me. I wear 210, Medium Beige, and the color match is practically perfect. Just a hint of yellow but almost neutral. I apply it over a mattifying primer with a buffing brush and then set it with the coordinating Ready, Set, Gorgeous powder foundation. I know, I'm wearing two foundations, but it works! It truly does last all day with just minor touch ups around my nose around lunch time. The finish is demi-matte with a "glow" but not "shine". Other makeup on top, usch as blusher or bronzer, stay true to color and lasts longer. It washes clean off easily with soap and water, even easier with an oil cleanser. The color stays true all day with no oxidation. For all the hype that the 3 In 1 Foundation gets, i truly do think this one is better. My only concern right now is I'm having trouble finding it at Target! I can find the power, but not the liquid. Even Ulta has it on sale lately. I hope its not being discontinued because i truly do intend to repurchase.

on 6/9/2017 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this foundation in the shade buff beige and I was a little worried because I got it online. However when it came I was amazed! The shade was not on yellow based but matched me perfectly- something that's almost rare to find at the drugstore. Also the packaging is sleek tube which is user friendly and great to travel with.

Now the product itself is absolutely phenomenal! It applies beautifully to the skin and has a natural matte finish which I love - it's definitely not too dry or mask like, unlike some matte foundations. It also wears incredibly well throughout the day and does not fade or budge! I am absolutely blown away especially as someone with oily skin- it is a truly - rare and beautiful find! One last thing, the price - wow, this is one of the most adorable foundations ever. I'm amazed more people aren't talking about! Please just go out and try it, you will not be disappointed!

Love the way it blends with the skin but i hate how much it oxydise ahhhh after a couple of hours using it my face looked so orange :/ thats why i prefer aquasmooth ❤ thats so much better and its also from Covergirl.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This foundation is not bad at all for what it is a drug store find, marketed for younger women with perhaps more oily skin. I see cover girl has improved this shade selection quite a bit even as a teenager in the late 90's I never found even two shades I could mix and wear from their line. I purchased the golden Medium and its a ok match, I mix it with a little bit of LA girl white foundation ( a tiny drop) and a little bit of green LA girl HD conclear depending on how I think it looks I have only used a beauty blender and a Kat Von D brush to apply this I don't like to use my fingers in general when it comes to apply liquid foundations. This is a matte finish and applied right on moisturized skin looks ok, I wear shade 4.0 in BB, Maybelline FIT ME! Smooth and dewy shade 220 and Nars Stromboli in Luminous all Day foundation and Bare Minerals shade "Golden Medium" for reference. If you have particularly dry skin, lots of folds, i.e crows feet, or even dry patches this will cling to it you will need a primer too smooth that out. On my dry combo skin it last but coverage is light its not a foundation that will cover anything that need significant coverage, but I am ok with that I don't have anything that serious, but I only reach for this once in a while, Its not bad and I really like the container because its very travel friendly which I do take with me when traveling or sightseeing its also cheap and easy to find so I wouldn't be very upset if I lost it, to find a cheap foundation that matches me in my skin tone with some matte-fying qualities is a find and worth keeping and purchasing again, I have worn this in humid midwest summer weather of walking around a huge zoo all day and it held up with a occasion touch up of powder on my nose no complaints.

on 5/3/2017 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this foundation a week ago due to my usual bb cream being sold out and I heard various youtubers say how much they love this. I got this in the lightest shade and I have quite pale skin and it was way too dark for me. For my other foundations I usually don't have to wear any pore filling primers but for this one I do because it sits weird in areas where I have larger pores. The coverage is alright but it didn't really blow me away. I applied it with a damp sponge and it didn't properly cover my problem areas I had to go over with quite a few layers to get the coverage I needed. This did not last throughout the day with me, by halfway through the day at around 11 it was already mostly gone and I apply my makeup at around 7:30. Overall this is an okay foundation but there are definitely better alternatives out there.

I LOVE this foundation! It goes on smoothly, covers all my minor acne scars, and makes me look porcelain perfect. I am quite fair and use #105.

on 3/18/2017 9:26:00 PM

An overall really good foundation. Has buildable coverage and sets nicely into the skin. Has a lovely finish that doesn't need too much power. Its a lovely, go to foundation that really does the job for everyday, but can also be built up to wear to more formal events. Would recommend!

on 3/9/2017 5:23:00 PM

I got this in the 105 for $6 to hold me over until my next Avon order because I bought the wrong shade of their foundation. I tried the tester on my face and it seemed to match me. I'm usually the lightest or second lightest with most foundations. It looked fine when I put it on in the bathroom too. But after I got outside, it oxidized and went orange on me. I missed the eye area and I looked like Donald Trump. This is a lighter coverage foundation, and I was hoping to build to medium coverage with my oval brush, which didn't work out. It added a strange texture with powder that my Avon one did not do. I will give them this, it did last all day and the formula is oil free. This isn't for lighter or neutral/cool skin tones. If you're not too light (or dark), have yellow tones and want light coverage, give it a try.