Max Factor CC Colour Corrector stick - green

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Having spent years trying to conceal my horrendous dark eye circles I had just about given up. I've tried every fad from salmon/orange concealer to red lipstick lol. This product is a Godsend! Finally something that takes away my horrid dark circles. I finally feel human again - no more panda eyes!!!! This product is neither too creamy nor too dry & doesn't cake up or dry the under eye area. I'm blown away!

I bought this on a whim to color correct blemishes and redness around my nose. Here are my pros&cons:
- Pros: It applies nicely and the color is not too green
- Cons: it doesn't blend easily. I need to use a bit of pressure to blend in. it clings to my dry patches.
- Conclusion: I doubt i will repurchase this for color correcting blemishes.

Alternative way to use this product:
Since i didnt like its performance, i put it aside for a while. Then one day i thought of giving it another go, not for covering redness, but to use it as an eyshadow primer. It works wonders! It blends in well, brightens/lifts the eyebrow bone area, and revives the eyeshadow. Just like what eye primers are supposed to be. Im happy that i found a way to use this and not waste it.
- Conclusion: If you didn't like this product as a cc for the face, I recommend you to try it as an eyeshadow primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

In regards to the below reviewer, I hope you see this! Whilst this is a pretty good CC concealer for redness I would certainly recommend the Boots Collection one over this! This CC pencil is good, there is no doubt it conceals redness but it clings to dry patches compared to the Boots Natural Collection and is obviously a much higher price. The fact it clings to dry patches (my skin isn't even particularly dry or patchy really), the fact it's quite stubborn to blend and the price are its downsides for me but it does conceal redness so props for that!! Also it does actually blend rather well and not look too grey! But if it's between this and the Boots Natural Collection, would have to go Boots! A relatively good product otherwise. PS. The best green concealer I have found comes from a palette from Kiko Cosmetics in their CC Wheel. Creamy and easy to blend!

~~First impressions review~~

I'm pale skinned and have a LOT of redness on my face. My nose and cheeks are constantly red, and my chin suffers a bit too. It's such a pain because ideally I wouldn't like to wear much skin make up on a day to day basis, but my skin tone looks so horrible I have had to. It takes a lot of concealer followed by foundation to cover up the redness and it's very annoying having to plaster on all that skin make up everyday.

But, it looks like those days may be of the past now thanks to this new release!!!
The packaging is really nice. You can roll up the bottom so you never have to sharpen it or anything - it's quite similar to Clinique chubby sticks.

The way I use this is I draw in criss-cross lines over my redness and then blend it out with my finger.
The formula is wonderful, really creamy, not cakey at all. It's much easier to blend than concealer and feels light on the skin.

The best thing about this is what a fabulous job it does of correcting the redness on my face. When I apply it well, the redness is completely gone from my cheeks - normally it would take a lot of foundation/concealer to achieve this! It feels really nice on the skin, so light!

Personally I cannot just wear this on its own - it leaves your skin looking quite pasty/chalky (but much better than red!). The correction is so good that I can just put a light tinted moisturizer/BB cream on top to give a natural finish. No need for foundation/concealer.

I'm yet to wear this for an extended period so I'm not sure how it lasts during the day - I'm really hoping that it lasts well!!

I paid 9.99 for this. Not a massive bargain seeing as my favourite Rimmel foundation is just 6.99, but redness is a big problem for me so if a product works I'm happy to pay. From using it I don't get the sense the product would last years, I'd expect to have to buy another in 6 months maybe using it everyday. I know that Boots Natural Collection do a green concealer stick in a lipstick tube which costs 1.99 - I'd be interested to know how it compares to the Max Factor if anyone has tried both!

Overall I expect this to become a staple in my make up bag and I'm really hoping it will help to streamline and lighten up my make up routine. It has tempted me to want to try another of the CC sticks!

Popular Primer/ Correctors