Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

on 10/16/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! Glides easily, doesnt dry out, color looks amazing, might be a bit pricy but ive been using this for more than 3 months now and i still have yet to run out of it. Only thing is it might not stay after a few drinks but other than that, i love these velvet products

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have this in 04 Peach Club. It's a beautiful, warm, coral pink with a tinge of red. You can build up opacity, and I find it's best to apply in two light coats. Whilst I find the colour to be gorgeous on my NC15-20 cool olive skin, I am not a fan of the formula. It dries down matte but it does not set, so the formula is prone to moving. If you take a sip from a glass, you will see the colour transfer. If you eat anything - even if it is light - it will also transfer and rub off. The colour rubs off unevenly, and most of the colour is gone from the centre of my mouth. Not very attractive at all.

Another characteristic I do not like about this product is that it is drying and this is a very unforgiving formula. Your lips have to be VERY well-prepped and moisturised, otherwise every single line will show up after two hours or so. It's also quite pricey in Australia as it goes for A$24 RRP. I love the packaging - it's sleek and beautiful, but the formula just is not up to par. I will finish this, but I would not repurchase or recommend this to anyone looking for a formula that is vivid, long-wearing and comfortable.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this in two colours of this matte lipstick at Shoppers as a pricier than normal gift for myself ($25 Canadian); I could buy a few other brands for much less that I find are better quality
It feels greasy on my lips, easily smeared, and the pigment seems almost inconsistent across my lips. The colour would be great if it actually stayed on smooth.
It also has a strong chemical-like odour, making me not want to wear it at all.
In the bottle, it looks absolutely perfect. But I just do not like it on my face.
08 Grand Cru Matte Finish feels very poor quality; 07 Nude-ist Matte isn't so bad, so I'm wondering if I just got a bad batch.
Regardless, it was not worth $25 and I would not purchase again.

on 1/3/2015 10:10:00 PM

Ping Pong (bright bluet pink) is the one I bought for summer. It looks amazing and when I wear it I constantly get asked about it. I wear it 2 ways. 1- thick lip liner then colour in the middle and blend it in. Great day time look. 2- double the layer and it's potent day or night. Lip balm is a must and the colour is as in the bottle. Lasts up 4-10 hours depending on the look you go for. Plus texture is lovely 😊

on 5/8/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I definitely recommend these. They are long lasting (and nothing lasts on me), non drying and they stay creamy until they go down to a stain.
I have 2 shades 01 which is a red similar to MACs Brick Lipliner and 04 called peach club. This does apply on me a soft red though and this is the lightest shade.

Ive been on the hunt for my perfect red and Russian Red is close but not quite. This is definitely my red.

I would take off half a star because of the shade range as there are only 6 shades.
Im going to see if I like the other red but I think that would look too bright orangey/red on me but would look gorgeous on a paler skin but especially a very pale porcelain skin. I might check on the other shades but I dontthink they are for me.
These are def the best matte liquid l/s Ive tried. Im only sad I spent 22 on the Hourglass Rouge Opaque which went funnynand bitty on my lips after a few hours.
I dont like sheer lip products and def nothing shiny or glossy and these are perfect