Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.7

on 4/29/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The formula is super light but it is definitely not a good lip color for dry lips. After it dries out my lips crack like hell and basically the color become patchy. However if you prep your lips before hand to prevent this dryness the color would go on unevenly. I can only apply it on my "good lips" day. But I still love the color enough to properly prep my lips even a night before

on 10/16/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! Glides easily, doesnt dry out, color looks amazing, might be a bit pricy but ive been using this for more than 3 months now and i still have yet to run out of it. Only thing is it might not stay after a few drinks but other than that, i love these velvet products

on 9/25/2016 12:01:00 AM

I own three colors of this collection I love the feel how it applies, so smooth and easy, and I love the all the shades, so pigmented and natural, but, but, it is not long lasting, this is the only point that disappointed me, except this, I love it a lot! I probably repurchase it again because I really love the shade range, my three shades are awsame! 10, don't pink of it (it is natural pink similar to my lip color) 07, nude-ist(one of my favourite, I think it is a dupe for armani 501,they look so similar and both in matte finish) 12, beau brun(belive me, it is a dupe for Estee Lauder pure color envy in 420 rebellious rose, but in matte finish,the EL is in a shine finish)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in shade Frambourjoise and I don't think I'm going to repurchase this. It has a very chemical scent and not even a nice chemical scent like Colourpop Lippie Stix, the scent is so annoying. It dries down matte but transfer REALLY easily if you eat/drink something even if it's very light, and god, don't get me started with the formula. It dries your lips like Sahara desert and makes your lips flaky as hell after just 2-3 hours of application. Even worse is that you can't apply lipbalm to moisturize your flaky lips because the color will be gone.

The nice side of this product is the packaging and applicator, the spongy applicator makes application smooth and the color payoff is also nice, to be honest Also if you do not eat/drink/kiss anything/anyone at all this product can stay for a pretty long while. But this product is not for me. Too bad since the color flatters my NC42 skintone.

on 5/16/2016 11:42:00 PM

I was really excited to try this Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet. Bought one in the shade 11 So Happink in an online shop (didn't test it). After trying on, I must say I'm very disappointed with this product. It has a very bad chemical smell, the colour is not the same as the bottle packaging that is sort of roses mauve colour, instead it was red-pinkish very bright. It also made the surrounded of my lips very dry. I decided not to use it again after trying several times. I hope this only happened to me (maybe a bad batch or something) as I've read good reviews prior buying and also swatches that is shown in the internet for this colour doesn't reflect the same colour so beware if you're going for a pink rose mauve colour you might be dissapointed too. Overall I think you can purchase better quality lipsticks from other brand especially in Asia that they sell Bourjois in a "non-drugstore" price. I do like Bourjois' healthy mix serum foundation although the shade 53 appears a bit greyish on yellow toned skin such as mine. I hope this review helps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have this in 04 Peach Club. It's a beautiful, warm, coral pink with a tinge of red. You can build up opacity, and I find it's best to apply in two light coats. Whilst I find the colour to be gorgeous on my NC15-20 cool olive skin, I am not a fan of the formula. It dries down matte but it does not set, so the formula is prone to moving. If you take a sip from a glass, you will see the colour transfer. If you eat anything - even if it is light - it will also transfer and rub off. The colour rubs off unevenly, and most of the colour is gone from the centre of my mouth. Not very attractive at all.

Another characteristic I do not like about this product is that it is drying and this is a very unforgiving formula. Your lips have to be VERY well-prepped and moisturised, otherwise every single line will show up after two hours or so. It's also quite pricey in Australia as it goes for A$24 RRP. I love the packaging - it's sleek and beautiful, but the formula just is not up to par. I will finish this, but I would not repurchase or recommend this to anyone looking for a formula that is vivid, long-wearing and comfortable.

on 9/26/2015 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this in the colour 05 (ole flamingo) as a gift. I fell in love with it the first time I put it on. It smells a little waxy but I have no issues with it. Goes off as soon as it dries. The formula is creamy and buildable. I have pigmented, uneven-coloured lips so I usually put on 2 layers of it. The product dries to a velvety-matte finish, which makes it really comfortable to have on, unlike some other liquid-to-matte lippies out there. The formula isn't drying so you don't have to exfoliate or put on lip balm before putting it on. I have really dry lips so I always put on lip balm before any lippy, but I tried it without balm once and it still made my lips look smooth and crack-free! Amazing formula. It also lasts a whole day for me, with probably one minor touch up where my lips meet. It does transfer a little when I eat or drink, which is surprising, because it doesn't show on the lips. My lips still look spot on every time. The packaging is small and compact and the length of the applicator is perfect. More lippies should be made this way aesthetically!

My only con would be that it's a bit on the expensive side where I'm from (S$25). It costs 2x more than NYX's SMLC, which retails at S$12 here. So I'm paying a lot more for one tube of Bourjois' REV for around the same amount of product as NYX's SMLC. Granted, this is a lot better, but I do wish it was less pricey.

Overall, Bourjois really slayed this one.

on 6/27/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product has a really big rave in my place. I tried to buy it once in the counter, even Sales Assistant made up a ridiculous rule. She told me that I can get Rouge Velvet only if I purchase it with another product. Come on, there's no such thing. It's not even a GWP product!

I refused to buy there and I finally found it online, the Peach Club one. I understand why it is such a rave. It has a really smooth texture, application is relatively easy, and the color pay off is quite satisfying. You will probably need to apply 2 swipes to get the best pigmentation and coverage, but I mostly use it as stain so I just swipe once and dab the product on the lips to smear it evenly. It feels really light on my lips, and I happily claim that this doesn't dry my lips. It dries quickly, so I think a quicker application is suggested.

Long-wearing? Yes. I took a sip of a cup of coffee 3 minutes after application and it didn't even leave a stain on the cup. After almost 6 hours with oily and spicy dinner, a couple cigarettes and a few drinks, it left visible (and acceptable) stain.

I find that the color changes after a while, but I'm not sure if it oxidises or it just fades away (which reveals a hint of my lips' true color). In the tube, it looks more like a medium coral pink that peach pink. I have purplish pigmented lips and when freshly applied, the color appears as bright reddish-orange. It does flatter yellow undertone and brings a nice contrast for medium skin (NC35). After a few hours, when it looks like lesser pigments stay, the color on the lips turns into rosy pink. Nothing annoying though.

While the price is higher than most drugstore lipsticks, but I find that you will be satisfied for what you're paying for. I would gladly buy them again (in another shade!).

on 6/3/2015 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought 4 shade of this lippy in peach club, ole flamingo, nudeist and happy nude year.
not all of them makes me happy.

peach club - actually it looks more orange rather than peach. idk but this shade made my lips dry and lack of color pay off. i'm quite disappointed with this.

ole flamingo - bright deep fuschia. it's bold color that doesn't suit for daily wear. but pigmentation and lasting power is great.

nudeist and happy nude year - oh these my favorite. perfect for office, quite long lasting, but i found it drying sometimes, even though i used lipbalm underneath.

repurchase? yes for nudeist and happy nude year

on 4/12/2015 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you like bright matte lips super duper long wear hours, I'd say this lipstick is for you.
As far as any long wear matte lipstick goes, they tend to drying your lips and crackle. Not this one.

Bourjuis Rouge Velvet Edition has superb pigments, they're good in one swipe, or two at max and you have solid colour.
I only need to apply it 8AM when I off to the office, and it didn't budge even a bit. It only goes off at 9PM when I finally take off all my make up. Yes, they're that good. Although, they took a bit longer to set down, but I don't really mind since once it set, it stays there until you take it off. It survives eating from cute snacking to ridiculous 5-course-meal, drinking even an aerobic class (it was one time I forgot my make up remover when I go to the gym). I constantly licked and smacked lips, yet it stays there. Not to mention that I live in a tropical climate, and it didn't melt at all. I can't never forget how my office mates envy my always on-top lips all day long.

At the end of the day, when I about to wipe them off, I admit it is quite hard to remove. With Bioderma it took the whole cotton drenched in it pigment.
Also I recommend to regularly scrub your lips so any pigment residue won't darkened your lips. Beside, it didn't hurt to always prepare your lips, have it smooth so the next wear look perfect. Not that it is necessary because the product settle just fine in between those lines but I always find it settle best when I scrub my lips regularly so it is really really smooth (me and my obsession)

At first I content own 1 shade, Framboujuise ones, my favourite kind of red lipstick with pink undertone. Almost fuchsia in the slightest. This one I wear it on heavy rotation.
Then I regret it only buy one and plan to buy another two, Personne ne Rouge, the all classic true red which has this vintage old Hollywood glamour vibes and Peach Club which I'd say the wildcard of all. The name may say Peach but on me it is more like orange than peach. This one has the most difference between in the tube and on lips.
I fell too hard, so I need to buy another one so now I have 4 shades. The latest is Grand Cru, a deep-almost-wine-and-vampy-ish red. Grand Cru has more tendency to blotchy than the other three but easily fixed by swipe another layer quickly.

So matte lips lover, long wear lipstick worshipper, if you haven't got this lipstick yet, go run to your nearest drugstore and get this lipstick A.S.A.P!

Popular Lipsticks