Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

4.2

I bought it in a whim because a) i don't own any coral red lipstick b) i decided i have the money for a drugstore lipstick. I put it on when my lips were properly prepped and dry af. I would definitely suggest doing so when you have exfoliated and soak your lips in moisture for the best results.

Other than that, the colour does last quite long. And even if it does lose its lustre, the faded lipstick looks like a stain which I find enjoyable.

Reapplication is ok. But if you're doing that won dry lips, be prepared you will need to wipe the excess off before applying a new layer.

on 9/21/2017 2:37:00 AM

This is my second lippie from Boujois but this is for the no. 16 Honey Mood with Matte Finish.

Unfortunately, I am not impressed with this one. The colour is too close to the rose souffle version that i bought from Bourjois. It is surprising because I was expecting honey mood to be more nude but this turns out pretty bright in my lips and too similar to vive rose.

The texture is also not as light as the souffle version. It is thicker and goes on thickly so you got to be careful with this one turning gloopy. The other issue is that if you put too much, it ends up making your lips look flakey. I guess you need to have a very very light hand on this one?

Save for the above issues, i really have no other comments for this tube that is any different from the souffle version that i bought.

I would much prefer the souffle version, so that is what i would stick with. I am also wary that all the colours would look the same, so well, got to choose the colours wisely. they may be more suitable for people with rather light coloured lips?

on 4/19/2017 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I bought the Rouge Edition Velvet in the color 10 (Don't Pink of It), and I find the formula very good. Feels soft and feathery, I don't know how to describe it. I misplaced the first tube, so I went back to buy another even though it is rather costly (IIRC 25CAD). The color is very complimentary to pale skin tones with a neutral to yellow undertones (NC20 ish), it's more of a nude yet feminine rose color.

I would definitely recommend the lipstick line and this color as well.

I own three shades: Happy Nude Year, Hot Pepper and Beau Brun. It's not a "typical" liquid lipstick- it doesn't dry completely, the finish is satin matte, quite similar to NYX SMLCs. The formula is thin, you can build up the opacity, they work well as cream blushes and lip tints. They're very long lasting. I don't like the chemical smell. It's not my favorite matte lip product but still, I reach for it quite often.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'll be quick... This is just perfection. Choosing a fourth colour. I only wish they had more colours.

Easy to apply. Dries quickly, and you are safe for the night. You dont need preparation for this lipstick, its super longlasting. They are at first expensive next to for example nyx soft matte cream. I love nyx as well but bourjois last 5x longer and stays on all night.

The packaging is also super cute, loving it!!! 😍😍

on 1/5/2017 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh how I love this lipstick.

I bought the shade 11- So Hap'pink. I chose this particular shade because it looked so bright and vibrant, and I wanted a lipstick which made me stand out.

It's so easy to apply to the lips, it just glides on and stays in place for a good while. I generally only have to re-apply when I eat, but even then, it only barely fades or comes off.

However, I tend to find that the formula is quite drying, and I can't wear it for consecutive days as my lips end up dry and chapped. Thank god for my other lipsticks then :)

I would definitely buy from this range again, as it has good staying power and a great range of colours.

on 12/4/2016 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Maybe I got a dud but... Streaky application, funny smell, exaggerates any dry areas and bleeds. The only good thing is the smooth light feeling, hence the 2 stars instead of 1.

on 8/9/2016 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros : smooth texture, the applicator is helpful, elegant packaging.
Cons : pricey, its didn't stay long after your lips touch food, the marketing said it could stay longer for about 24 hrs (I think there is a small note behind it : if you have fasting or just drinking not eating). I don't know because I bought Oh So Hap Pink and it kinda soft pink so its not dark color and it really didn't stay long. If I ran out this product I don't want to buy it again because there is other brands with similar qualities but cheaper. Don't try using this product without applying lip balm first, it's horrible in my experience when I stayed long at AC rooms before. Marketing strategy (I guess) at Bourjois counter in my country, they always said there is no available stock for this kind of lipstick.

on 8/8/2016 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

AH-MA-ZING! I simply ADORE this lipstick.
I got burned with Velvetines, as they are so difficult to work and they are sticky as hell. So, I immediately left behind me the liquids trend. But I've been looking at these Bourjois' babies for quite a while now but, do to my previous delusion, I wasn't really crazy for the price (12 euros in Italy, can be found only online) and I wasn't really willing to pay for a random try. I've never been disappointed by a Bourjois product and I declare it my favourite brand, it's so classy, effective and reliable, and really provides products for any occasion and need. So, when I've seen it on a sale, I immediately got it because I needed to know!
So, I got the shade Frambourjoise, which wouldn't have been my first choice but it was the only shade on sale (5,50 euros, fair enough for just a try) and would have been a good beginning to see if the others were worth the price. They definitely are!
Frambourjoise is literally strawberry colour. A bright red with a strong pink undertone. It looks intimidating on the packaging as it seems more on the fuchsia side but it's not. I don't feel the love for bright reds but this one looks so classy and on point.
The packaging is very elegant and the wand is very hard, so it's difficult to be imprecise when you apply it. For example, I always hated Velvetines' wand, maybe it was just me or a bad batch but they weren't stable enough and they dried so fast that if I did any mistake I was doomed! In this case, they took a good 3-5 minutes to dry, but it doesn't look *that* bad dry, it's very homogeneous and, most important thing, not sticky AT ALL! Lips become matte and flawless and I've noticed no cracks at all (of course you need to be hydrated and balmed, and clearly apply it on dry lips otherwise the formula will run away if you just applied chapstick). Simply amazing.
It doesn't last throught meals, but does last through drinks. For example, today I had lunch with plenty of greasy food and it made a slight lighter effect in the mouth centre, which doesn't look pretty as you know. But then I had some beers drank from the bottle and it stood without problems. It's almost no transfer. If you don't do anything, it's pretty much long lasting (5-6 hours)
Frambourjois is so cute that my friend's fiancée asked me what it was and immediately ordered it on amazon from her cellphone. She is everything but a make up junkie, so it really made a good impression.
Anyway, I didn't give it 5 lippies as I hate the darker edges problem. Nothing too noticeable, but makes me feel unconfortable and would suggest to not wear it at meals.
Can't wait to put my paws on the other shades!

UPDATE! Brought it with me on holidays, so it has been heavily tested in 1) greasy, eternal meals 2) sea, bathing and swimming 3) rivers of booze. I'm so impressed and in love! It worked lovely as a stain as well, and survived all the challenges.

on 2/29/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this on a friend's recommendation, loving it! I've always been afraid to try nude lipsticks cause I never seemed to be able to find the right shade (asian people problems), most of the time I end up just looking like a ghost. When I saw this lipstick in 17 Cool Brown, it looked really pretty and I liked the texture of the formula, plus my local drugstore was having a sale. I have dry lips but this lipstick doesn't really dry them out, and its pretty comfortable to wear. Will last through food and drink, but it's not entirely transfer proof. It does have a bit of a weird smell, but overall, I would recommend this.