Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is nice. I like Bourjois as a brand because the quality for the price is exceptional. The quality is equally as good as some high end brands (if not better!) This lipstick goes on light and feathery. It feels almost mousse-like. Not sticky or drying on application. It definitely has a different consistency to other lipsticks. The pigmentation is nice. Not too heavy, but not so sheer that you can't see it! Unlike some matte lipsticks, I feel this lipstick doesn't dry my lips out. It is matte so some dryness will occur, but nowhere near to the extent of some mattes where you feel your lips start to tighten and the formula crumbles! The colour I chose is "Velvet 10- Don't Pink of it" and it is beautiful. It's a nice shade of pink that isn't too pale nor too dark. It's very natural. I've worn it for a wedding, for work, for date night! It's a versatile shade. The staying power is nice. I have to reapply after eating or drinking, but it doesn't wear off too quickly. I haven't tried a bolder, darker colour in the range, so I can't comment on the staying power of those shades. I'm tempted to try this product in other shades though!

on 12/1/2016 6:28:00 PM

This is so nice, glides on so smoothly and softly, doesn't feel drying, long lasting and so many pretty colours to choose from. I bought "don't pink of it" and "nude-ist" the other day and they look amazing together. Packaging is also really pretty and the brush itself is like every other liquid lipstick brush. I would buy this again (well I bought this twice)

I hate this. I wanted to try it for absolute ages, but have so many lip products I just couldn't justify it. However, when I got it as a gift when purchasing for 15 pounds bourjois products I got really excited to try it. The shade was 04, which is just not universally flattering (same shade for everyone in that gift.). It made my teeth look super yellow, and just did not look good. However the shade isn't my issue with this, as there are many others, it is the formula.
The product applied really streaky and needed several coats to actually cover the lips, and while it initially looked nice and smooth, after it dried down a bit it looked clumpy. To make matters worse it never dried completely and stayed tacky. it also wore off, even though I was only drinking out of a straw, and it looked flaky and settled in clumps in the lines of my lips.
Worst of all: I couldn't get the damn thing off haha.
so, for me, not a good product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great formula. My only issue is that the nude colour turns to a berry colour on my lips. I will buy again in a different colour.

This is definitely my all time favourite beauty product. It has a high consistency and is very moisturising on the lips. I have it in #08 Nude-ist and I highly recommend it. The only problem is it takes a lot of scrubbing to remove it.

After seeing my favourite beauty bloggers rave about this range and the amazing staying power so I decided to try.
I bought the shades Grand Cru, Plum Plum Girl and Don't pink of it on 3 for 2 at Superdrug.
I'm really disappointed.
Grand Cru is a beautiful dark red colour but the consistency is terrible and quite different from the other two. It's hard to explain but it doesn't apply evenly no matter what I try so I've never actually been able to wear it out!
Plum Plum Girl is gorgeous and looks so nice when it's newly on, but within a couple of hours it sits in the creases of my mouth.
Don't pink of it is not a good colour for me.

on 11/18/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I am pretty disappointed with these really all in all - I bought 01 (a red) and nudist and they are both such gorgeous colours. The first time I tried them I really thought I'd finally thought I'd found a Matte I can wear. They feel lovely when you first put them on and they are so easy to apply. Then it dries, and it feels really weird and dry, which I can live with if the staying power really was good - but I find they go patchy pretty quickly and start to kind of flake off. Topped off by the fact that they smell like a burning plastic factory - I'm not the biggest fan. The colours though are gorgeous and il still continue to attempt to work with the ones I've got. But a the search continues...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I own the darkest shade and I'm impressed with its staying power. It lasts through an entire meal if the food is not too greasy. I've never owned a lipstick so durable before. It's true it's drying and tends to bleed so I don't give it 5 stars.

on 4/17/2015 4:17:00 AM

I love this product, it last all day even after eating food like a burger haha. Ill put it on at 7AM and have a full day of work, get back at 8:30PM and it's still on, not as bright as it was but there is still some product on your lips. The product can be quite drying if you have really dry lips but if u put a bit of lipgloss under or above it then I always find it to be ok. But you use the product in 2 coats so the first one goes on lightly as a base and then u build it up on the second coat. I would really recommend this product and I have done to my friends and they love it too. I'm going back today to buy another shade because its my favourite lipstick so far!

on 3/9/2015 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the best lip product formula i have ever used.

The rouge edition velvets apply like a thin, sheer gel but can definitely be layered plus there is plenty of playing time before they dry down. Although these have a somewhat sheer appearance they are very pigmented.
This product last longer that any formula i have tried but feels hardly noticeable on the lips, especially compared to other lip stains which can be extremely drying and uncomfortable.

I want a lip product that can last through eating a steak and drinking a few pints and this does that! I get up to 10 hours wear (with eating and drinking).

This product comes in a square clear tube with a slanted, flat doe foot applicator and with 8ml of product. The lipstick is easily visible through the plastic and the lid is also the colour of the shade.
The colours in the range include four reds, both cool and warm, two bright pinks, a peach and two mauvy/pink nudes.
I own the entire range (9) except for the darkest colour 'grand cru' which i found applied patchy and 'happy nude year' which is hard to find where i live.

The only negatives about this product are that the shade range is quiet small and a few of the colours are quiet similar, it would be great if the range included a purple, a coral, a plum or maybe an orangey shade.

Some people also do not like the smell, i would describe it as sort of like a dried/stewed fruit smell, not candy or fruit sweet but more of a cooked fig/prune scent. I like the smell but i know many people that do not like it.

These retail in store for $24 in Australia but you can sometime get them on sale for $10-$14 and they can also be bought online for a similar price. This may see expensive for a drugstore liquid lipstick but the formula is so great i would easily pay $50.

Popular Lipsticks