Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

4.2

on 9/21/2017 2:37:00 AM

This is my second lippie from Boujois but this is for the no. 16 Honey Mood with Matte Finish.

Unfortunately, I am not impressed with this one. The colour is too close to the rose souffle version that i bought from Bourjois. It is surprising because I was expecting honey mood to be more nude but this turns out pretty bright in my lips and too similar to vive rose.

The texture is also not as light as the souffle version. It is thicker and goes on thickly so you got to be careful with this one turning gloopy. The other issue is that if you put too much, it ends up making your lips look flakey. I guess you need to have a very very light hand on this one?

Save for the above issues, i really have no other comments for this tube that is any different from the souffle version that i bought.

I would much prefer the souffle version, so that is what i would stick with. I am also wary that all the colours would look the same, so well, got to choose the colours wisely. they may be more suitable for people with rather light coloured lips?

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought two colours:
Grand cru - deep burgundy red (it looks a lot darker in the tube though)
Frambourjoise - a soft raspberry pink (it looks intimidating in the tube but it looks so much nicer on lips)

Grand cru has a horrible eye watering smell to it, only when the tube is open its fine once it's applied, it smells very chemical like. It's a beautiful colour, the depth of the red can be built up (it does take some time though). I found it applied patchy and I needed to dip about 6 times to get the colour seen in the tube (and to make it even). Some of the reviews describe the lipstick as long lasting although this wasn't the case for me, within an hour it had began to fade, it dried up on my lips and began to crumble off (I have had this problem with some liquid lipsticks though so that may be a result of my lips with the formula). I found it easily transferred onto glasses but that's not too much of a problem as it can be reapplied. The velvet texture is really nice and smooth, this texture though didn't last long for me. I have only been using the product for about 5 days though so I will most likely keep trying it till I get it to work for me. I also tried using a range of lip balms under it: eos, Vaseline and a Chapstick, for me none really prevented the drying but eos worked best for me with this product.

The smell of frambourjoise isn't anywhere near as bad as Grand cru although it still has quite a chemically smell. This lipstick didn't dry out on my lips and it remained velvet. I found it wasn't long lasting (about an hour) but it's easy to reapply. For me I'd need baby wipes to reapply as going over it with more colour makes your lips that typical sickly pink colour that I don't find personally flattering. But to begin with its a beautiful soft almost Spring type colour of pink. I find it compliments my skin well but I think this would look beautiful on any skin tone it would really compliment anybody. I also used this with and without eos lip balm and I wouldn't wear it without eos again, that made it drying for me. It's not my favourite ever lip product but I will use it fairly often.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this mainly because I loved the colour - I was looking for a bright pink lip colour, and was really drawn to the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in pink.

The colour goes on well, and is quite thick. Once dry, it pretty much stays put, even through eating and drinking (although it does come off on glasses, cups etc) - you may also get a bit of colour bleed if you haven't used lip liner. Generally though, the colour is long lasting and doesn't fade easily, so you don't need to keep touching it up.

The downside to this product is that it is very drying on the lips after a while. I noticed mine flaking after wearing all day (usually with one re-application). It can also be quite difficult to get off with micellar water or other makeup removers, and can stain.

I would buy it again as I love the colour and the fact that it stays put - it's also very reasonably priced.

on 6/27/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product has a really big rave in my place. I tried to buy it once in the counter, even Sales Assistant made up a ridiculous rule. She told me that I can get Rouge Velvet only if I purchase it with another product. Come on, there's no such thing. It's not even a GWP product!

I refused to buy there and I finally found it online, the Peach Club one. I understand why it is such a rave. It has a really smooth texture, application is relatively easy, and the color pay off is quite satisfying. You will probably need to apply 2 swipes to get the best pigmentation and coverage, but I mostly use it as stain so I just swipe once and dab the product on the lips to smear it evenly. It feels really light on my lips, and I happily claim that this doesn't dry my lips. It dries quickly, so I think a quicker application is suggested.

Long-wearing? Yes. I took a sip of a cup of coffee 3 minutes after application and it didn't even leave a stain on the cup. After almost 6 hours with oily and spicy dinner, a couple cigarettes and a few drinks, it left visible (and acceptable) stain.

I find that the color changes after a while, but I'm not sure if it oxidises or it just fades away (which reveals a hint of my lips' true color). In the tube, it looks more like a medium coral pink that peach pink. I have purplish pigmented lips and when freshly applied, the color appears as bright reddish-orange. It does flatter yellow undertone and brings a nice contrast for medium skin (NC35). After a few hours, when it looks like lesser pigments stay, the color on the lips turns into rosy pink. Nothing annoying though.

While the price is higher than most drugstore lipsticks, but I find that you will be satisfied for what you're paying for. I would gladly buy them again (in another shade!).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I own the darkest shade and I'm impressed with its staying power. It lasts through an entire meal if the food is not too greasy. I've never owned a lipstick so durable before. It's true it's drying and tends to bleed so I don't give it 5 stars.

on 6/3/2015 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought 4 shade of this lippy in peach club, ole flamingo, nudeist and happy nude year.
not all of them makes me happy.

peach club - actually it looks more orange rather than peach. idk but this shade made my lips dry and lack of color pay off. i'm quite disappointed with this.

ole flamingo - bright deep fuschia. it's bold color that doesn't suit for daily wear. but pigmentation and lasting power is great.

nudeist and happy nude year - oh these my favorite. perfect for office, quite long lasting, but i found it drying sometimes, even though i used lipbalm underneath.

repurchase? yes for nudeist and happy nude year

on 4/25/2015 10:04:00 AM

LOVE IT

Stays all day, been wearing it religiously and I always get compliments everytime i wear it. I bought in shade frambourjois (no.2) a bright pink one but still okay tho. What I like about this baby bcs it survives lunch dinner snacks water and etc. I rarely wear liptick bcs I am to lazy to reapply lol, so this baby comes in handy. Also, it's not drying on my lips. I give it 4 stars because it has chemical smell, if you can't stand the smell don't buy it.

Although I love matte finishes, I hate the way they dry out the lips and settle into the fine lines. Not with these! I bought the shade 07 Nude-ist and it glides on like a dream and actually does feel velvety. It reminds me of the Collection Cream Puffs but more opaque and not streaky. I have found that this transfers but there is no obvious colour loss. This wears well and is comfortable on the lips, does not bleed and fades nicely, leaving a gorgeous, subtle stain. I took one lippie off because although I do love the colour, the name Nude-ist is misleading as this colour is a medium but quite dark pink. I also love the colour Don't Pink About It which is a lovely soft pink and perfect for this time of the year. At 8.99, these are a steal - especially because Boots almost always has 3 for 2 offers on.

on 3/9/2015 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the best lip product formula i have ever used.

The rouge edition velvets apply like a thin, sheer gel but can definitely be layered plus there is plenty of playing time before they dry down. Although these have a somewhat sheer appearance they are very pigmented.
This product last longer that any formula i have tried but feels hardly noticeable on the lips, especially compared to other lip stains which can be extremely drying and uncomfortable.

I want a lip product that can last through eating a steak and drinking a few pints and this does that! I get up to 10 hours wear (with eating and drinking).

This product comes in a square clear tube with a slanted, flat doe foot applicator and with 8ml of product. The lipstick is easily visible through the plastic and the lid is also the colour of the shade.
The colours in the range include four reds, both cool and warm, two bright pinks, a peach and two mauvy/pink nudes.
I own the entire range (9) except for the darkest colour 'grand cru' which i found applied patchy and 'happy nude year' which is hard to find where i live.

The only negatives about this product are that the shade range is quiet small and a few of the colours are quiet similar, it would be great if the range included a purple, a coral, a plum or maybe an orangey shade.

Some people also do not like the smell, i would describe it as sort of like a dried/stewed fruit smell, not candy or fruit sweet but more of a cooked fig/prune scent. I like the smell but i know many people that do not like it.

These retail in store for $24 in Australia but you can sometime get them on sale for $10-$14 and they can also be bought online for a similar price. This may see expensive for a drugstore liquid lipstick but the formula is so great i would easily pay $50.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I gave it four stars because I've tried it out (I bought it specifically for an event which I'm yet to attend) but I can't comment on how long-lasting it is. I've tried other red lipsticks before and always been put off wearing the colour red because those feel so dry and look horrible. Also, for some reason I find others harder to apply, not sure why.

The packaging on this is so classy, it's really compact - really useful for touch ups and the brush applicator isn't too big which means it's great for those with thinner lips too. I bought the shade 'hot pepper', a really red stand out colour and loved it! It's great even if you're a first time red lippie wearer, because it just looks so good. It goes on wet/glossy as expected, but it does dry to a really nice matte finish. I assume with blotting it'll last at least an hour if not more, but I can't wait to try it out.