Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.4

on 9/21/2017 2:37:00 AM

This is my second lippie from Boujois but this is for the no. 16 Honey Mood with Matte Finish.

Unfortunately, I am not impressed with this one. The colour is too close to the rose souffle version that i bought from Bourjois. It is surprising because I was expecting honey mood to be more nude but this turns out pretty bright in my lips and too similar to vive rose.

The texture is also not as light as the souffle version. It is thicker and goes on thickly so you got to be careful with this one turning gloopy. The other issue is that if you put too much, it ends up making your lips look flakey. I guess you need to have a very very light hand on this one?

Save for the above issues, i really have no other comments for this tube that is any different from the souffle version that i bought.

I would much prefer the souffle version, so that is what i would stick with. I am also wary that all the colours would look the same, so well, got to choose the colours wisely. they may be more suitable for people with rather light coloured lips?

I own three shades: Happy Nude Year, Hot Pepper and Beau Brun. It's not a "typical" liquid lipstick- it doesn't dry completely, the finish is satin matte, quite similar to NYX SMLCs. The formula is thin, you can build up the opacity, they work well as cream blushes and lip tints. They're very long lasting. I don't like the chemical smell. It's not my favorite matte lip product but still, I reach for it quite often.

on 8/9/2016 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros : smooth texture, the applicator is helpful, elegant packaging.
Cons : pricey, its didn't stay long after your lips touch food, the marketing said it could stay longer for about 24 hrs (I think there is a small note behind it : if you have fasting or just drinking not eating). I don't know because I bought Oh So Hap Pink and it kinda soft pink so its not dark color and it really didn't stay long. If I ran out this product I don't want to buy it again because there is other brands with similar qualities but cheaper. Don't try using this product without applying lip balm first, it's horrible in my experience when I stayed long at AC rooms before. Marketing strategy (I guess) at Bourjois counter in my country, they always said there is no available stock for this kind of lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in shade Frambourjoise and I don't think I'm going to repurchase this. It has a very chemical scent and not even a nice chemical scent like Colourpop Lippie Stix, the scent is so annoying. It dries down matte but transfer REALLY easily if you eat/drink something even if it's very light, and god, don't get me started with the formula. It dries your lips like Sahara desert and makes your lips flaky as hell after just 2-3 hours of application. Even worse is that you can't apply lipbalm to moisturize your flaky lips because the color will be gone.

The nice side of this product is the packaging and applicator, the spongy applicator makes application smooth and the color payoff is also nice, to be honest Also if you do not eat/drink/kiss anything/anyone at all this product can stay for a pretty long while. But this product is not for me. Too bad since the color flatters my NC42 skintone.

on 5/16/2016 11:42:00 PM

I was really excited to try this Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet. Bought one in the shade 11 So Happink in an online shop (didn't test it). After trying on, I must say I'm very disappointed with this product. It has a very bad chemical smell, the colour is not the same as the bottle packaging that is sort of roses mauve colour, instead it was red-pinkish very bright. It also made the surrounded of my lips very dry. I decided not to use it again after trying several times. I hope this only happened to me (maybe a bad batch or something) as I've read good reviews prior buying and also swatches that is shown in the internet for this colour doesn't reflect the same colour so beware if you're going for a pink rose mauve colour you might be dissapointed too. Overall I think you can purchase better quality lipsticks from other brand especially in Asia that they sell Bourjois in a "non-drugstore" price. I do like Bourjois' healthy mix serum foundation although the shade 53 appears a bit greyish on yellow toned skin such as mine. I hope this review helps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have this in 04 Peach Club. It's a beautiful, warm, coral pink with a tinge of red. You can build up opacity, and I find it's best to apply in two light coats. Whilst I find the colour to be gorgeous on my NC15-20 cool olive skin, I am not a fan of the formula. It dries down matte but it does not set, so the formula is prone to moving. If you take a sip from a glass, you will see the colour transfer. If you eat anything - even if it is light - it will also transfer and rub off. The colour rubs off unevenly, and most of the colour is gone from the centre of my mouth. Not very attractive at all.

Another characteristic I do not like about this product is that it is drying and this is a very unforgiving formula. Your lips have to be VERY well-prepped and moisturised, otherwise every single line will show up after two hours or so. It's also quite pricey in Australia as it goes for A$24 RRP. I love the packaging - it's sleek and beautiful, but the formula just is not up to par. I will finish this, but I would not repurchase or recommend this to anyone looking for a formula that is vivid, long-wearing and comfortable.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this mainly because I loved the colour - I was looking for a bright pink lip colour, and was really drawn to the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in pink.

The colour goes on well, and is quite thick. Once dry, it pretty much stays put, even through eating and drinking (although it does come off on glasses, cups etc) - you may also get a bit of colour bleed if you haven't used lip liner. Generally though, the colour is long lasting and doesn't fade easily, so you don't need to keep touching it up.

The downside to this product is that it is very drying on the lips after a while. I noticed mine flaking after wearing all day (usually with one re-application). It can also be quite difficult to get off with micellar water or other makeup removers, and can stain.

I would buy it again as I love the colour and the fact that it stays put - it's also very reasonably priced.

on 10/7/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although the color (shade no 10) is almost a perfect everyday color, the product itself is not very good. It smells and tastes funny and it has some kind of stickiness. The staying power is average.

on 9/29/2015 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in hot chili which I would say is a fairly true bright red - not too cool or warm. This is a great long lasting cream lipstick that I reach for when I know I'm not going to have much time to retouch/reapply. As with most long lasting lipsticks it is slightly drying but not too bad compared with other similar products. Will definitely repurchase!

on 6/3/2015 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought 4 shade of this lippy in peach club, ole flamingo, nudeist and happy nude year.
not all of them makes me happy.

peach club - actually it looks more orange rather than peach. idk but this shade made my lips dry and lack of color pay off. i'm quite disappointed with this.

ole flamingo - bright deep fuschia. it's bold color that doesn't suit for daily wear. but pigmentation and lasting power is great.

nudeist and happy nude year - oh these my favorite. perfect for office, quite long lasting, but i found it drying sometimes, even though i used lipbalm underneath.

repurchase? yes for nudeist and happy nude year