Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by hair type : Other
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

4.4

on 4/19/2017 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I bought the Rouge Edition Velvet in the color 10 (Don't Pink of It), and I find the formula very good. Feels soft and feathery, I don't know how to describe it. I misplaced the first tube, so I went back to buy another even though it is rather costly (IIRC 25CAD). The color is very complimentary to pale skin tones with a neutral to yellow undertones (NC20 ish), it's more of a nude yet feminine rose color.

I would definitely recommend the lipstick line and this color as well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought two colours:
Grand cru - deep burgundy red (it looks a lot darker in the tube though)
Frambourjoise - a soft raspberry pink (it looks intimidating in the tube but it looks so much nicer on lips)

Grand cru has a horrible eye watering smell to it, only when the tube is open its fine once it's applied, it smells very chemical like. It's a beautiful colour, the depth of the red can be built up (it does take some time though). I found it applied patchy and I needed to dip about 6 times to get the colour seen in the tube (and to make it even). Some of the reviews describe the lipstick as long lasting although this wasn't the case for me, within an hour it had began to fade, it dried up on my lips and began to crumble off (I have had this problem with some liquid lipsticks though so that may be a result of my lips with the formula). I found it easily transferred onto glasses but that's not too much of a problem as it can be reapplied. The velvet texture is really nice and smooth, this texture though didn't last long for me. I have only been using the product for about 5 days though so I will most likely keep trying it till I get it to work for me. I also tried using a range of lip balms under it: eos, Vaseline and a Chapstick, for me none really prevented the drying but eos worked best for me with this product.

The smell of frambourjoise isn't anywhere near as bad as Grand cru although it still has quite a chemically smell. This lipstick didn't dry out on my lips and it remained velvet. I found it wasn't long lasting (about an hour) but it's easy to reapply. For me I'd need baby wipes to reapply as going over it with more colour makes your lips that typical sickly pink colour that I don't find personally flattering. But to begin with its a beautiful soft almost Spring type colour of pink. I find it compliments my skin well but I think this would look beautiful on any skin tone it would really compliment anybody. I also used this with and without eos lip balm and I wouldn't wear it without eos again, that made it drying for me. It's not my favourite ever lip product but I will use it fairly often.

on 3/20/2015 2:39:00 PM

I find this very drying. It looks good for about two minutes then it seems to shrivel up and separate on my lips, turning from a plush velvet finish to a patchy mess. It's tolerable with balm on top but then it's not velvet or matte. I do have dry lips though so
YMMV. On the plus side it's easy to apply.
I prefer laura mercier lip paint though it's nearly x3 the price.
EDIT: shade 07, a pink nude makes for a nice matte but not dry-looking cream blusher. You only need a spot. It blends well, but work fast!
10, an orange red also works as blush but a little harder to blend. Do not use too much, once it's on there is no going back.
Finish as a blush is very natural but still "there".
So, Iíve gone from 2 stars to 3 because at least now I see myself using these.

on 5/21/2014 8:46:00 AM

I have this in Pink Pong and I would highly recommend it. It applies really nicely, it's incredibly pigmented (in this case I believe only bold colours would do), it doesn't bleed, and has a really good staying power.

I would definitely repurchase, although I do find that it's a tad overpriced for a drugstore liquid lipstick.

on 5/8/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I definitely recommend these. They are long lasting (and nothing lasts on me), non drying and they stay creamy until they go down to a stain.
I have 2 shades 01 which is a red similar to MACs Brick Lipliner and 04 called peach club. This does apply on me a soft red though and this is the lightest shade.

Ive been on the hunt for my perfect red and Russian Red is close but not quite. This is definitely my red.

I would take off half a star because of the shade range as there are only 6 shades.
Im going to see if I like the other red but I think that would look too bright orangey/red on me but would look gorgeous on a paler skin but especially a very pale porcelain skin. I might check on the other shades but I dontthink they are for me.
These are def the best matte liquid l/s Ive tried. Im only sad I spent £22 on the Hourglass Rouge Opaque which went funnynand bitty on my lips after a few hours.
I dont like sheer lip products and def nothing shiny or glossy and these are perfect

Popular Lipsticks